my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Forced Entry (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Forced Entry
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 17, 2003 17:00     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone remembers the band Forced Entry from Seattle?

If anyone has some MP3s of them, I'd be really interested...

Thanks!!!

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 18, 2003 13:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm... Hey Ynys Trebes, this may help you a bit...

Forced Entry's "As Above, So Below" from 1991, now outta print, so I don't feel to bad posting it here.
Bone Crackin' Fever
Thunderhead
Macrocosm, Microcosm
Never A Know, But The No
We're Dicks
Apathy
The Unextinguishable
As Of Yesterday
When One Becomes Two
How We Spent Our Summer Vacation

This post comes with a short life, so grab it quick as it may be gone as soon as Monday! Enjoy!

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 18, 2003 14:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, I can't thank you enough X-D!!!

I'd definitely kiss you if that wasn't so ackward

Do you know if they do have some albums still in print?

I repeat myself, but you really made my day!!!
Thanks again.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 18, 2003 16:06     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
X-D, do you happen to also have the album Uncertain Future?

Even though I might cream my pants if you do!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 18, 2003 16:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
X-D, do you happen to also have the album Uncertain Future?

Unfortunately, I don't. Lemme ask around and I'll see if I can muster up a copy in the next few days. Still kicking myself for not picking up the last copy I saw in the store for $7 (damn Testament fixation at the time clouded my judgement)!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 18, 2003 23:03     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hold on... I'll post Uncertain Future as soon as I finish typing this. Complete with The Shore EP (Century Media re-issue).
Should I post their '87 demo I just got?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 18, 2003 23:09     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy shit these guys rock! I had never heard any of their tunes before today - and MAN WAS I MISSING OUT! Great stuff. Thanks muchly X-D and thanks in advance to Mr Gloomp. You guys rule.

BNR Metal ( http://www.bnrmetal.com/ ) had this write up:

"Forced Entry
Origin: Seattle, WA, USA
Last Update: November 1, 2002

Tony Benjamins - vocals/bass
Brad Hull - guitars
Colin Mattson - drums

A thrash band from the Northwest, Forced Entry was the kind of band where the next album might have been great were they able to put it all together, but it never happened. The songwriting style (mixing complex arrangements with a thrash base) was at times intriguing but at other times came across as somewhat disjointed. After releasing the self-financed The Shore EP they were unable to secure a record deal and disbanded. The trio continued to play in local bands (Brad Hull in Thug, the other two in 1000 Pounds, as reported in 2000) and briefly reunited for a show or two a couple of years ago."

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 18, 2003 23:59     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent stuff! never heard of before either...
*chuffed*
thanks a lot x-d, and greg for anything you can post!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 19, 2003 01:05     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'87 Demo:
Anaconda (demo)
Blind Faith (demo)
Morgulon (demo)
Thrash Or Die (demo)

Uncertain Future:
Bludgeon
Kaleidscope Of Pain
A Look Through Glass
Anaconda
Octoclops
Unrest They Find
Morgulon
Foreign Policy

The Shore EP:
Miasma
Sore
Sole Train
Licking My Wound

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 19, 2003 09:28     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man, thanks to both you guys! The only song i ever heard by Forced Entry as "Never The Know but The No", on MTV years ago.

This inspires me to post something like that sometime later... some old underground stuff that's out of print. Maybe Acid Reign's Moshkinstein EP.

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 19, 2003 09:33     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
The only song i ever heard by Forced Entry as "Never The Know but The No", on MTV years ago.

What?! They had a video for this?

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 19, 2003 09:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah.. i dont remember much about it tho. I only remember they were three guys. hehe. I think it was some pseudo-live type video.

EDIT: (09/21/2003) - Acid Reign EP removed.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 19, 2003 10:34     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, Skul, is "Motherly Love" a Zappa cover or just a song they did that happens to have the same title?
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 19, 2003 12:00     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMG Greg Gloomp, you and X-D just made my day once again

After looking for years for that stuff, one small request and I have all the shit ever made!!! You guys rock

Greg Gloomp, one small thing: the track Soul Train from The Shore EP returns a 404 URL not found error... Same goes for 2nd and 3rd song off the demo... Can you fix that?

Thanks!!!

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 19, 2003 12:29     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fixed! It was late night when I posted these last night. Sorry for the delay.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 19, 2003 12:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Greg!!! Very cool! I've been needing this stuff pretty bad lately! Cheers!

Thanks for posting the Acid Reign album as well Skul! I am about to start myself a nice hefty download session!

This forum fuckin' rules!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 19, 2003 16:05     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OMFG! Thanks so much Skul, Greg, X-D. That Acid Reign is great! I only had the track Life In Forms on a comp before today. These new tunes more than make up for the shitty Dream Theater CD I bought today.

Did anybody mention that this forum rules?

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted September 19, 2003 16:18     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This forum is the mother of all other forums

Friendly people, giving and sharing, universal love and happiness!!! What else could you ask for?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 19, 2003 16:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You won't find any nicer people than the folks on here. Corpse must have installed a magnet for generous souls somewhere in his programming.
I got an instant hardon listening to these old tunes again.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 19, 2003 18:24     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
god bless everyone who has posted on this thread. or Satan, or whatever.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 19, 2003 22:00     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! Quite a response to this post. Leave it to open-minded Voivod fans to give Forced some late love. In there heyday, Forced Entry shows had the best moshpits and the best energy of all the Seattle metal acts. Thanks to them, I was able to hold my own in the Slayer and Exodus pits. I think they managed only one national tour with Atrophy & Coroner in 1991, one that DIDN'T come to Seattle. (boo-fucking-hoo!) I still have several flyers and live video clips of them along with other Sea-metal like Coven, Accused, and (blah) Bitter End. It's possible that they and other up-and coming acts like Rawhead and World Funeral might have gotten signed or faired better if not for the Grunge "movement." Well...I could rant all day on this...
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted September 19, 2003 22:16     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and I'd never stop you from ranting like that. Please, carry on if you have more.
Thanks for the stories. I wish I could have witnessed all that!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 20, 2003 16:49     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
...and I'd never stop you from ranting like that. Please, carry on if you have more.
Thanks for the stories. I wish I could have witnessed all that!

Ok. One More....

Forced Entry & Sanctuary gig called "The Mount St. Helens Anniversary Spring Eruption" at the OZ nightclub on May 18th, 1991. One of the few all-ages venues at the time, this place was typical trendy dance club. Sanctuary came on and were visibly drunk, especially the singer, Wally, who talked lots of shit and encouraged the crowd to get crazy. We complied. By the time Forced came on the place was getting (literally) thrashed, with video monitors getting torn down and such. The staff and security pretty much lost control of things and during their signature song "Anaconda" Forced Entry got the plug pulled on them, but we kept singing along to the drums for a minute or so..until the lights came up and we were all "shown the door." I think it was about 11pm and a big grin came to my face as we filed out, seeing about 100 preppies lined up outside in their "L.A. Gear" waiting to "dance the night away" in the "crater" we left for them. Sweet justice against those two-timing club-owners.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 21, 2003 10:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SACRIFICE!!!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 21, 2003 11:00     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Errm, Warcorpse, would you happen to have some Zoetrope? That would be much appreciated. In case you don't, Sacrifice would do.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan