my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What is your favorite RUSH Album? (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: What is your favorite RUSH Album?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 16, 2003 14:59     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I'm gonna have to say Grace Under Pressure. It just has this atmosphere...

I haven't listened to it much, but yeah, it's got a feel. Kind of cold and rocking. I love "Kid Gloves", one of the best on that one, and the intro to "Afterimage" is so deceptibely minimalist that it makes it very cool. But I hate "Red Lenses", it's one of those songs that you just shut off when you hear the first notes. Like "M-Body". Makes your hair stands...

|  IP: Logged
Yashka
VoivodFan
Member # 351

posted September 21, 2003 02:49     Profile for Yashka   Email Yashka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..everything from Fly By Night to Exit Stage Left..
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 25, 2003 16:37     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Kula Marx?

Oh no, we have commies running around this joint! Eeeek run for cover!

Say Kula- in that other thread where you posted a picture of a guy with skull make-up on- burning the flag, is that a pic of you?

(Just curious, doesn't offend me)

Rush--- ah---fine concert memories!

I had virtually the whole catalog sans the live albums at one point. For some reason I just couldn't stomach them after a while.

I probably have listened to Moving Pictures for 8 years and was one my first few CD purchases when changing over back in the day.

But like the rest of my Rush catalog, it became dated(like music sometimes does)
and I tossed it all. I'm not one of the kind who keeps albums for sentimental reasons, if can't listen to it, it goes.

It literally boggles my mind how people can listen to overplayed Zeppelin and AC/DC to this day that are on carbon-copy radio day-in and day-out.

I mean, I hate that seventies glam rock shit and I want to slit my wrists when people re-box it and cram it down your throat on TV.

This is 2003, goddammit.

(Oh, sorry)

Signals is a good one.

I'd say though because of its fresher side,
Roll The Bones is the only one that stands out now.

"the douche crew, the douche crew, fuck yoooooooou !"

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 27, 2003 05:16     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grace Under Pressure wins ! With the song Between The Wheels , kick ass . And Counterpart too kicks ass imo .
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 27, 2003 10:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah...Between the Wheels is a killer song.
In fact, I think we can all relate to how that Rabbit feels going under those speeding wheels.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 27, 2003 10:43     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"King Kula Clinton"
Do you get the same treatment at yer office too???

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan