my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Red

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Red
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 10, 2003 11:08     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard that Voivod did a cover of King Crimson's "Red" during the TOL tour. Is there a recording of that? I'd really like to hear it, and I know that a bunch of you would be interested too.

There you go.

|  IP: Logged
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 10, 2003 12:46     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would love to hear that. The only time I ever saw Voivod live was during the Outer Limits tour and they didn't play it on that night. Voivod and Crimson are two of my all time favorite and most influential bands. That would be a great cover to hear.

By the way, I hear Crimson is looking for a band to play with for a fall North American tour. Man, I would love to see a Voivod/Crimson bill!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 10, 2003 20:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
I would love to hear that. The only time I ever saw Voivod live was during the Outer Limits tour and they didn't play it on that night. Voivod and Crimson are two of my all time favorite and most influential bands. That would be a great cover to hear.

By the way, I hear Crimson is looking for a band to play with for a fall North American tour. Man, I would love to see a Voivod/Crimson bill!

I'LL JUST SECOND WHAT MR. MUSTARD SAID!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 10, 2003 21:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why... I couldn't agree more with both Mean Mr. Mustard and Schroeder, on all points.

Red. What a cool song!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 11, 2003 03:59     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:

oh, sorry to disappoint ya'll guys, but I thought they'd embark for a club tour in Europe just before the big venues with Ozzy you know...
like 10 dates in France or something...

oh well, one can dream can't they?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 11, 2003 06:04     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I wanna know is how come King Crimson completely blanked the UK on the last tour. They should make up for it by playing a one off co-headline show with Voivod, culminating in them both jamming 'Red' and '21st Century...'
That would rule.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan