my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 10, 2003 05:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked up the new Dimmu Borgir album and I just have to say it fucking rules. Very much in the vein of Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia (which is one of my favorite albums), but some of the arrangements are a bit more complex and the orchestra is WAY bigger and better. Fucking amazing. Here's a link to the uncensored version of the video "Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse"
www.drkangel.com

Save it and unzip it and...WOW! Excellent video. Go buy this record. Now.

|  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 15, 2003 07:44     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Video, thanks for the link!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 15, 2003 09:40     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, the video is terrific! Looking forward to the album! Thanks, Nuc!
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 15, 2003 12:10     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I picked this one up over the weekend. I was surprised that I really like it. Crystal clear production and interesting songs. However these bands really need to lighten up on the campy Satanic stuff, it's enough already.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 15, 2003 13:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Campy Satanism!? Black Metal!?? Surely not!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 15, 2003 14:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The video is pretty good.

But i'm bored to death with Dimmu Borgir anyways.... way too glossy and sleak, and nothing new at all. I've had this new record for a while, and just like the last three, i cant hear anything special about 'em. The last worthwhile record they've put out was Stormblast. As far as the image goes, if i was still 13 years old i'd probably think that they look pretty fucking RAD!! But alas, in the twilight of my 20's, it doesnt really impress me.

The best track on Death Cult Armaggedon is actually "Satan My Master", a cover of an old Bathory track from the early demo days. Zero fucking keyboards! Pure fucking rage!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan