my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod 11.09.88 VCD!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod 11.09.88 VCD!!
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted September 08, 2003 19:46     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK finally got my hands on this! My good friend Gerald "Heino" Fischer from Germany sent me this gem from the Hatross tour.

THANKS HEINO!!!

Here's the info:

Voivod
The Anthrax - Norwalk, CT

01. Intro
02. Overreaction
03. Dimension Hatross
04. Tribal Convictions
05. Chaosmongers
06. Ravenous Medicine
07. Korgull The Exterminator
08. War And Pain/Warriors of Ice/Voivod
09. Brainscan
10. Psychic Vacuum
11. Order Of The Blackguard
12. Holiday In Cambodia
13. Batman

B-/C- :video/audio

A bit grainy, almost b/w video. Audio's not top notch but still pretty listenable. Although who the f*ck cares it's Voivod from '88!!!

Not sure what to do w/ this warcorpse. It's prob too big to host right?

If not how about a massive world wide tree to spread it to the masses? I'd be willing to help run it in the states. I'm up for suggestions...

TO THE DEATH!!!

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 09, 2003 03:40     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there,

this seems to be the Killing Technology tour. (they play Dimension Hatross from the "forthcoming album".

I also have some video material from that tour.

I have from that same tour:

* Live in Paris '88 (black and white)
* Live in Holland '88 (Noord Scharwoude)
* Live in Switzerland '88 (Atzmooz)

Especially the dutch one is extrmely good watchable.

I am looking for a way to get this on CDR or DVD. Who knows how to do that???

Paul

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 09, 2003 03:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course when i have it everyone who wants a copy i'll make one!!!!!!!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 09, 2003 03:56     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul, your dates are fucked up... what you have is indeed from the Killing Technology tour and should be labelled 1987...

the Norwalk show is undoubtedly from the Dimension Hatröss tour and date is fucking correct... setlist is typical for a show of that tour...

and it is fucking awesome, too.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 09, 2003 06:31     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry bout that i'm at work and do not have the dates in my head. It is indeed '87 but the same setlist as the one mentioned above.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 09, 2003 06:53     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, almost...

VOÏVOD - Altes Kino, Atzmoos, Swi 11/06/87
Killing Technology / Overreaction / Ravenous Medicine / Tornado / Korgull The Exterminator / Ripping Headaches / Warriors Of Ice / Live For Violence / Tribal Convictions / Cockroaches / To the Death! / Voïvod //

VOÏVOD - De Koog, Noord-Scharwoude, Hol 11/22/87
Killing Technology / Overreaction / Ravenous Medicine / Tornado / Korgull The Exterminator / Ripping Headaches / Warriors Of Ice / Live For Violence / Order of the Blackguards / Voïvod / Batman //
[the sound is good but the crowd was somewhat *sleepy*... maybe why they weren't treated with Tribal Convictions that night...]

VOÏVOD - Le Rex, Paris, Fra 12/01/87
Killing Technology / Overreaction / Ravenous Medicine / Tornado / Korgull the Exterminator / Ripping Headaches / Warriors of Ice / Live for Violence / Tribal Convictions / Order of the Blackguards / To the Death! / Voïvod / Batman //

VOÏVOD - The Anthrax, Norwalk, CT 11/09/88
Intro / Overreaction / Experiment / Tribal Convictions / Chaosmongers / Ravenous Medicine / Korgull The Exterminator / Medley / Brainscan / Psychic Vacuum / Order Of The Blackguards / Holiday In Cambodia / Batman //
[Norwalk has one of the shortest setlist of the tour, they didn't play Technocratic Manipulators nor Macrosolutions To Megaproblems on this one... ]

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 09, 2003 09:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Warcorpse. Long time no see...

if you are going to set tapes over to CDR or DVD i will send you the Scharwoude show for free and also the Paris show and also the Denmark show.

Beware!! it is in PAL not NTSC: can your recorder read PAL ??

Paul

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 09, 2003 10:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
I am looking for a way to get this on CDR or DVD. Who knows how to do that???
Paul

Paul, have a look at THIS...
it may be helpful...
I saw it in a store for 89 euros!!!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 10, 2003 11:01     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Paul, I only can watch NTSC.

too bad...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 10, 2003 15:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If it's a B-/C- then it's alot worse than my own VHS copy. It must look horrible on VCD (as you know, it's crap in/crap out with that format). Still is pretty cool that somebody took the time to digitalize it, tho. It must be hard to beat the quality of the Montreal 2003 vcd, as it was ripped directly off the master tape.
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 11, 2003 01:25     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Paris and Noord Scharwaoude are very good watchable. It may be worth digitize it.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted September 11, 2003 07:47     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm doing experiment with my own pc's in digitalizing video from a VCR PAL source (my old recordings...), I can for sure digitalize but I'm still trying to put the video on DVD (already done VCD but left because of the poor quality), I'm searching the right software.
Beware of the mentioned USB digital converter, I've tryed a similar one (Hauppauge I think) and the quality was orrible.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 11, 2003 09:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
Beware of the mentioned USB digital converter, I've tryed a similar one (Hauppauge I think) and the quality was orrible.

thanks for the tip... I was contemplating buying one... still wondering why it was so cheap...

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted October 16, 2003 07:49     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok Experiment done!

I have successfully converted a VHS PAL tape to a DVD, there is only a very little loss in the definition of the video quality but the final result is good.

I could convert those video if you want, but I couldn't test the ntsc format (the software give me the option to output in ntsc but I can't verify if it works correctly).
Let me know...

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted October 16, 2003 08:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Yeah that Norwalk show is good, but my favorite show is probably Westland, Mi 1987, or maybe jan. 27 84, Jonquiere TTD thats cool too.

...and you gotta love that Black Cloud vid. Now that I have a digital camcorder maybe there is a way to connect it and rip stuff directly from the vcr. I think mine has analog inputs.

Westland,Mi. was a good show.Hell thats were i was born!

IP: Logged
Gordon
VoivodFan
Member # 383

posted October 25, 2003 06:34     Profile for Gordon   Email Gordon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@ Paul
Hello I would like to digitalize these videos if you still search for a way! :-)
How I get videos to HDD and later on CD you could see on my trading page: http://www.darkkingtrading.cjb.net
There I've added a how to make a digitial video guide to show an introduction.

@ all others
I've although search for Voivod VHS recordings (only pal) you might have - in a hopefully still watchable condition - to convert too.

Cheers
Gordon

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 27, 2003 03:38     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Gordon,

someone is taping the Videos on a digital videocamera and then copying them to harddisk. So i will gladly trade them with you for some stuff in your list.

thanks and talk to you later

Gordon
VoivodFan
Member # 383

posted November 06, 2003 10:25     Profile for Gordon   Email Gordon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@Paul

Ok, fine! :-)
Don't know how it works with a digital video camera, but anyway. Why not?
Let me know when you like to set up the trade.
Greetings
Gordon

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan