my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My new house.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new house.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 08, 2003 18:12     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There.
 |  IP: Logged
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted September 08, 2003 18:49     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice!! Country livin' at it's finest.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 08, 2003 18:52     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey thats pretty great, i like the location. your really out there, wonder wheres the starbucks and 7-11 are at near you ? lol. i am headed back to the peace and quiet one day too.

congrats...

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 08, 2003 19:04     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
beautiful!
and that red house has a really voivodian look ...
I mean, I can hear Rrroooaaarrr from here already!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted September 08, 2003 19:44     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm almost jealous ! hehe Quiet , beautiful ... Nice place ! So much cool places for perfecting your weed growing skills btw
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted September 08, 2003 20:32     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow that's a beautiful place to have a party!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 09, 2003 08:18     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very very beautiful! My wife and I are looking for something like that, in country, where we could operate a bed'n'breakfast or something. Is it big inside? Lots of rooms and all?

And where is the helicopter (or UFO) landing place?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 09, 2003 08:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking good Mike. Plenty of room to build a recording studio, nudge nudge, wink wink!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 09, 2003 10:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice house, looks like a real good/healthy place to live. Congrats, Emlyn!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 09, 2003 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratualations EKH, that's a great place you've got. Do you have a barn where we can record? We'll have to get earplugs for the horses.
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 09, 2003 11:27     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice. I would love to have a place like that here in California. Too bad I don't have a million dollars lying around
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 09, 2003 11:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed! Very Nice!

The Johnny Texas Band would like to come over and Record there for our next CD.
Can you put up with some Country Western Music and 10 Cowboys all spitting tobacco?
haw haw haw!

BTW...EKH...I sent you an Email with a Recording question.
Check your Hotmail account when you get time.

Cheers!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 09, 2003 11:30     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, very nice indeed! Your own little chunk of Wales. Remember, all Empires start small.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 09, 2003 12:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That hill might do as a take off Mike.
I'll pack the glider and try it out.
Just kill the sheep first

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 09, 2003 15:34     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks great. Nice place for a Voivod open-air concert as well.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 09, 2003 16:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BEAUTIFUL!!!

When's EmlynFEST? With Voivod headlining the outdoor concert. No side stage, just one stage with lots of great bands, refreshments sold at your house. There's plenty of land to pull this off

Since we're showing off homes, here's a link to my HOME IMPROVMENT site.
It shows our house and all the work we've been doing on it. I just put a hardwood laminate floor in the master bedroom yesterday (no pics yet). I don't have the vast amount of property that Emlyn has, so no chance of SchroFEST anytime soon.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 09, 2003 18:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work guys!

Emlyn, I am a bit jealous! Really cool looking place there!

Seeing your new pad got the wife and I looking at acreage properties online last night! I lost my studio/office to the baby room this year and am desperate for more space! Not sure how long I will be able to stand looking at my pile of dismantled recording gear!

Schroeder, wanna come over to my place and work for beer? Damn, your guest bathroom looked like an optical illusion!!! All those black and white lines... Not a good place to stumble into after a few too many!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 09, 2003 19:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Schro is the master craftsman around here for sure. There's only one thing missing in the Emlyn yard pics. Where are the junk chevys and fords propped up on blocks?????
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 09, 2003 20:50     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to add that I am jealous. No half-ass pansy 'almost' jealous. 100% for reals...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 09, 2003 23:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! Nice digs man! That piece of property is fucking beautiful. I think a recording studio should definetly occupy one of the buildings. Are we all invited to the housewarming party? I'll bring the crisps.

Schroeder, the place is looking great! I can't show your site to my wife or she'll get funny ideas about renovations and such. Painting my living room, entrance and main hallway this week. Fun stuff.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 10, 2003 05:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
XD The black & white bathroom was how it looked when we moved in and it was like an optical illussion!!! The room was narrow and with all the stripes running from ceiling to floor they would visually move when you walked in!!! If you were standing and pissing you'd get dizzy staring at the wall.
We gutted that fucked and remodeled it with venetian plaster walls, mosaic ceramic tile floors, 5 foot corner jacuzzi tub and a chandelier...look awesome now. Make sure you see the page on the site of how it looks.

I'm not working for beer anymore!!! I just lost 40 pounds and don't want to put it back on!!! It's easier working when you're lighter!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 10, 2003 09:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Late as usual, but i wanted to say "Bravo!" to my bro Emlyn, too.

Sir, you're quite lucky.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 10, 2003 22:22     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
here's my house...

it's warm and cozy.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 10, 2003 23:41     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't afford to buy you one but here a thing that you may need pretty soon. made in Canada

Nice place, congratulation!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 11, 2003 07:23     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers everybody!

A lot of people have been saying to me they wish they could do something like this, but all you need is the sack to do it. I don't have much money - its a £50k mortgage like anyone else. Plus I don't have a job to go to, you could call this foolhardy but I don't give a shit where I work, I'll even stack shelves! Anyway, I'll let you all know when it goes horribly wrong and I end up in sheltered acommodation or something

The plans so far include:

Building a 2-berth/2 barn 24x24ft stable block to the right, pending planning permission. I may have those dimmensions wrong but luckily its not me who's building it. I'm getting a 'man' in who knows what he's doing. Also a floodlit 'schooling area'. I do not know what this means but Mrs Helicopter is insistant.

Converting the rather low attic into a studio. It's small than my current room but large enough for me, the mixing desk, outboard racks, 20 guitars and a singer.

Fucking about with the fencing so I get a nice big garden. (Note to JY: You're right, I gotta get me one of those baby tractors!). This large garden will include an orchard of fruit trees. Now, just behind the house there is a cesspit. Perfectly ok, no smell, the shit and piss simply dissapates into the ground over time. But! This ground is where I'm gonna plant the fruit trees, so....

Replacing the barbed wire that runs across the top of the whole fencing (of the 2.75 acres we have here) with an electric 'ribbon' strip. I WILL NOT attempt to piss on this, I think I proved to myself before that this is not a good idea.

Oh god, I gotta lot of work to do now!

Warm Regards to y'all,
ekh

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan