my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Nuage Fractal (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Nuage Fractal
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 10, 2003 08:03     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Merci beaucoup "Outcast". L'anglais ne pas facil. Hmmmm Did I get that french sentence "right" now. Well I tried! Didn't I? (ooh, me is clever).. .(joke)

A votre santé!

|  IP: Logged
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 10, 2003 08:06     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maldoror, thanks. We must have been writing at the same time!

A votre sante, Maldoror

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted September 10, 2003 23:58     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
And I'm pretty sure, by the way, that the lyrics of "Freedoom" were inspired by the Boris Vian novel "The Red Grass" (at least its title). I know I brought this up before, but I'd really like to know.

I guess only Snake (or the unknown) knows. And that most of you don't give a shit!

I loved Boris Vian, my favorite book of him was writen under the pseudonym Vernon Sullivan. "J'irai cracher sur vos tombes", perhaps there is an english translation since there is one for "l'Écume des jours"
An other one pretty nice too is "Vercoquin et le plancton" it's like the movie "the Party"

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 11, 2003 03:00     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, Blacky (feels kind of strange writing to you, the famous Blacky). L'écume des jour is available in a swedish translation here in our library. We also have 3 other books in swedish (don't know how to translate their titles): "heartpincher", "The autum in Peking" and "I will spit on your graves". I'm sure they have other titles in english and french, I translated it direct from the swedish titles into english.

What were you inspired of when you wrote the lyrics to the Freedoom? We are a few who's interested about that issue.

Merci beaucoup pour la musique que vous donne tout le "fan de Voivod" dans le disque que vous prévenir!

Hope I did get that fairly right.....
French isn't easy!

A votre santé!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 11, 2003 03:48     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
I loved Boris Vian, my favorite book of him was writen under the pseudonym Vernon Sullivan. "J'irai cracher sur vos tombes", perhaps there is an english translation since there is one for "l'Écume des jours"
An other one pretty nice too is "Vercoquin et le plancton" it's like the movie "the Party"

L'écume des jours est un *classique* et ça m'étonnerait qu'il y ait pas de traduction pour J'irai cracher sur vos tombes...

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 11, 2003 07:55     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
........ J'irai cracher sur vos tombes...

Yes, of course that is the title that in swedish becomes; "Jag Ska Spotta På Era Gravar" Have it here in our library.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 11, 2003 08:37     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite Boris Vian novel would be "L'Arrache-Coeur" (the one Annki called "the Heartpincher"). It's a masterpiece, and there is this priest character who's hilarious in it, saying that "God is a luxury". My wife is still working on her master thesis about this book...

"L'Automne à Pékin" is not bad too; it's about people building a railroad that's going nowhere. Funny thing is that I read that book on a train!

As for the Vernon Sullivan books, there is also "Et on tuera tous les affreux" that I remember, it was pretty funny too.

Blacky, when you say "The Party", you're talking about the film with Peter Sellers, right, not the Falardeau film?

Here's my favorite pic of Vian:

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan