my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Poll on this......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poll on this......
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 06, 2003 03:29     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YOUR (not mine!) favorite songs that were butchered (and/or) emancipated by Heavy Metal bands....yA Know, like Exodus doing "Low Rider" Nuclear Assault doing "Good Time Bad Times" Testament doing "Nobody's Fault" Dead Horse doing "Rock Lobster" Kreator doing "Gangland" Coroner doing "I want you(She's so Heavy) Al B.Sure doing "Hotel California" Celtic Frost doing "Mexican Radio" and some weird Canadian band doing "Astronomy Domine" and "Batman". LETS HEAR 'EM!!! 1st Prize is an acid trip to Disneyland. 2nd Prize is an acid trip to Walmart. 3rd Prize is a date with Avril Lavingne. VOTE NOW!!!!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 06, 2003 10:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Metallica's cover of Nick Cave's Loverman. Too bad Whiskey in the Jar was the single, bleah. I want the date with Avril.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted September 06, 2003 11:50     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slayer doing Minor Threat's 'Guilty of Being White'.

Please don't let it be 3rd place...

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 06, 2003 12:05     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death - Painkiller (Judas Priest, but you already knew that )

Brilliant. It even has original solos from Chuck and the gang! And his raspy powermetal scream is awesome.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 06, 2003 13:41     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Macabre - Hey Laurie Dan (Hey Joe)

(oh, I have to find that Nobody's Fault version...)

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 06, 2003 16:04     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Canadian band doing "Astronomy Domine" and "Batman".

astronomy is a great remake and with the nile song too, i think they both came out way better than floyds, but were in a different timezone

batman i suspect is a little tease about how the media can drill shit into your head using fuzzie little bunnies and stuff when your young. whoosh-heavy

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted September 06, 2003 23:26     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jetsam's "Saturday Nights All Right For Fighting"

Ick!

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted September 06, 2003 23:35     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anthrax - Celebrated Summer (Husker Du)

Of course all their covers are excellent.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 07, 2003 11:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and of course husker du is just excellent.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 07, 2003 17:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tori Amos doing Raining Blood.

BTW, I don't mind getting 3rd prize at all...

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 07, 2003 18:15     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favorite is Metallica's version of Blue Oyster Cult's "Astronomy"

Absolute worst I've ever heard - Disturbed's cover of "Shout" (Tears for Fears).

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 07, 2003 19:41     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Malevolent Creation's "Piece by Piece" by Slayer, F'n rocks!

Blood Feast's "Hitler Painted Roses" by The Mighty Sphincter is also killer!

Oh wait....you mean BUTCHERED covers!

How'z about Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" by that Fucking "Turd" of a band (I don't even know their name btw) the lead singer has a nice combover though!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 07, 2003 20:02     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
How'z about Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" by that Fucking "Turd" of a band (I don't even know their name btw) the lead singer has a nice combover though!

Great, thanks for reminding me...I had more or less successfully blocked that one out.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 07, 2003 20:22     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Slayers version of "Inagaddadavida" still rocks. Abattoirs "Ace of Spades" and "Rock Lobster" by Dead Horse are both classic. even Metallicas covers on garage days rerevisited still hold up.

pretty unrelated: sorry if you ever missed the Ramones covering Motorheads "R.A.M.O.N.E.S", because your life will forever be incomplete.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 07, 2003 22:17     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
Malevolent Creation's "Piece by Piece" by Slayer, F'n rocks!

Blood Feast's "Hitler Painted Roses" by The Mighty Sphincter is also killer!

Oh wait....you mean BUTCHERED covers!

You guyz are awesome.....Blood Feast? Is that the band that had the album "Chopping Block Blues?" I remember getting that tape as a birthday present in '88 or 89' All I remember is the album cover, so the music must have sucked! LOL And yeah...I meant "Butchered" metal covers....Voivod don't really belong in that catagory. Megadeth's "Paranoid" Six Feet Under's "Purple Haze" and Onslaught's "Let There Be Rock" are the early leaders for me...more will come to (slow)mind for sure.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted September 07, 2003 22:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's some Metal covers that...well, I'll let you decide for yourselves if they've ben butchered or not.
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/DOKAKA/index-1.html

Eagle Fly Free and Creeping Death fucking rule!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 08, 2003 07:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I like Metallica's cover of Nick Cave's Loverman. Too bad Whiskey in the Jar was the single, bleah. I want the date with Avril.

Interesting, I just bought Nick Cave's "Let Love In". Great album!

I like Voivod's In League with Satan. Great fun for all the family!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 08, 2003 09:08     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
I like Voivod's In League with Satan. Great fun for all the family!

Instrumental is tight, as always, but Snake's vocals killed the song, IMHO. Eric did a far better job on the live album. Also don't like the Batman cover, it simply didn't work. But then, Voivod has sooo many more interesting originals...

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 08, 2003 11:23     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Here's some Metal covers that...well, I'll let you decide for yourselves if they've ben butchered or not.
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/DOKAKA/index-1.html.........

well, what can I say. I'm still laughing. "Creeping death" with DOKAKA is a real KILLER!

Cheers!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan