my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » General XD's Drown Mary to open for Slayer!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: General XD's Drown Mary to open for Slayer!!!
TroyDrownMary
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 366

posted September 01, 2003 07:45     Profile for TroyDrownMary   Email TroyDrownMary     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am hanging out at his house right now and he is a sleep. We just wanted to thank you all who have checked us out and to especially thank Mike for the bad ass production process on our new cd that is about to come out. He is truelly the master. Check out the good news for us: This is a Dream come true for us!!!

Official Press Release:

Jagermeister Music Tour Featuring SLAYER!
For more information, contact:
Sarah Zeiler
619-857-2774
szeiler@sidneyfrankco.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 27, 2003

DATES SET FOR JÄGERMEISTER FALL MUSIC TOUR…
SLAYER TO HEADLINE!!!

(New Rochelle, NY) – The Jägermeister Fall Music Tour is coming, and heavy metal icons, Slayer, will lead the assault! Produced and promoted by Clear Channel Entertainment, the tour will let loose on October 8th in Minneapolis, MN and finish up in Los Angeles on November 29th.

Slayer’s recent release of their live DVD, War at the Warfield (American Recordings/UME), debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts in its first week. Their highly anticipated box set, Soundtrack to the Apocalypse (American Recordings/UME), due out on November 18, 2003, commemorates Slayer's 20th anniversary as the undisputed thrash/punk/metal kings and will include classic Slayer tracks taken from their vast catalog, as well as demos, live tracks and other rarities spanning their incredible career.

“Slayer has never done a sponsored tour, mainly because we never thought anyone was worthy enough to have their name along side ours,” says Kerry King of Slayer. “But now, with Jägermeister willing to jump on board, we will conquer the US like no one has seen before!”

Tom Araya, the singer of Slayer, says this of the relationship: “Slayer and Jägermeister… Jägermeister and Slayer… Slägermeister! No matter how you say it, drink, pit and slay responsibly!”

“Jägermeister is thrilled to be working with Slayer,” concurs Rick Zeiler, Director of Marketing and Brand Development for Sidney Frank Importing Co., Inc., the importers of Jägermeister. “We’ve been huge fans of the band for many years and to have them on our tour is a dream come true.”

Hatebreed will be the main support act on the tour. Hatebreed has sharpened its teeth at Tattoo the Earth 2000; toured with Earth Crisis, Agnostic Front, Entombed, Soulfly, Motorhead, and Danzig; and inspired mosh pits that consumed thousands of fans at OZZfest 2001. Now the Connecticut-based band, with its decibel-defying mix of metal and hardcore is taking on the Jägermeister Music Tour.

Rounding out the bill will be Sweden’s Arch Enemy. With the release of its latest album, Anthems of Rebellion, Arch Enemy proves that it is among the finest examples of a pure metal band, and singer Angela Gossow growls and screams her way through some of the hardest songs out there today with sheer aggression.

Clear Channel Entertainment will produce and promote the tour, continuing its three year relationship with the Jägermeister Music Tour. Says Rich Levy, Vice President of Booking/ National Sponsorships, “We at Clear Channel Entertainment are proud to be involved in the continuing growth of the Jägermeister Music Tour. This year’s tour with Slayer is taking things to another level. It is always great to work with a brand that has an ongoing commitment to music as a marketing strategy and Jägermeister continues to be a leader in the field.”

In the tradition of the Jägermeister Music Tour, ticket holders can expect plenty of bang for their bucks including great Jägermeister raffle prizes and giveaways like the 2003 Jägermeister Compilation CDs with live and unreleased tracks from Slayer, (hed) Planet Earth, Drowning Pool, Down, Otep, Systematic, Breaking Benjamin, and others as well as plenty of Jägermeister shirts, hats, and more. Other prizes and giveaways from sponsors include customized Jägermeister guitars from Schecter Guitars, customized Jägermeister amplifiers from Peavey Electronics, and Jägermeister drums by Tama Drums.*

Each performance will feature a local opening act sponsored by the Jägermeister Band Program, the highly-touted program designed to seek out and promote up-and-coming talent. Fans will also be treated to world premiere freestyle motocross footage from members of Metal Mulisha. And of course, the world-famous Jägerettes will be on hand along with the Jägermeister Buses, making sure everyone is having as much fun as humanly possible.

The Jägermeister Music Tour will be advertised in print and on radio. For more information, check out www.jagermusic.com or www.jagermeistermusictour.com .

For more information on Slayer visit: www.slayer.net or contact:
Todd Nakamine/Universal Music Enterprises - (310) 865-7797 or todd.nakamine@umusic.com

About Jägermeister:
Imported from Germany and made with 56 herbs and spices, Jägermeister is the most popular shot brand in the United States and one of the leading imported cordials. Known for its creative marketing and innovative promotions, Jägermeister is proud to be a part of the music scene and an active supporter of up-and-coming musicians. Jägermeister is 35% alcohol by volume and is imported by Sidney Frank Importing Co., Inc. of New Rochelle, NY who encourages those 21 and over to enjoy Jägermeister responsibly.

About Clear Channel Entertainment
Clear Channel Entertainment, a leading producer and marketer of live entertainment events is a subsidiary of Clear Channel Worldwide (NYSE: CCU), a global leader in the away-from-home advertising industry. Clear Channel Entertainment currently owns, operates and/or exclusively books approximately 130 live entertainment venues, including more than 100 in North America and 30 in Europe. In 2002, more than 65 million people attended approximately 29,000 events promoted and/or produced by the company, including: Live music events; Broadway, West End and touring theatrical shows; family entertainment shows; and specialized sports and motor sports events. The company, which operates throughout North America, Europe, South America and Australia, also owns independently operated athlete representation businesses, which provide management, marketing and financial consulting services to many of the world’s top professional athletes. More information may be found by visiting www.cc.com and www.clearchannel.com.

*** Giveaways and raffle prizes are subject to state and local laws and are not available in California and may not be available at other shows.

October 08th St. Paul, MN - Roy Wilkins Auditorium (Feat. Hemlock)
October 10th Davenport, IA - QC Live (Feat. Hemlock)
October 11th Kansas City, KS - Memorial Hall (Feat. Hemlock)
October 12th St. Louis, MO - The Pageant (Feat. Hemlock)
October 14th Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory (Feat. Hemlock)
October 17th Worcester, MA - Palladium (Feat. Dry Kill Logic)
October 18th New York City, NY - Roseland (Feat. Dry Kill Logic)
October 21st Portland, ME - State Theater (Feat. Dry Kill Logic)
October 22nd Poughkeepsie, NY - Mid Hudson Civic Center (Feat. Dry Kill Logic)
October 24th Cleveland, OH - Agora Theater (Feat. Sworn Enemy)
October 25th Detroit, MI - Harpo's (Feat. Sworn Enemy)
October 26th Pittsburgh, PA - Metropol (Feat. Sworn Enemy)
October 28th Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room (Feat. Sworn Enemy)
October 29th Chicago, IL - Aragon Ballroom (Feat. Sworn Enemy)
October 30th Milwaukee, WI - Eagles Ballroom (Feat. Lazy American Workers)
October 31st Grand Rapids, MI - Orbit Room (Feat. Lazy American Workers)
November 01st Toledo, OH - Headliner's (Feat. Lazy American Workers)
November 02nd Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's (Feat. E.Town Concrete)
November 04th Norfolk, VA - The Norva (Feat. Epoxy)
November 05th Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle (Feat. E.Town Concrete)
November 07th Tampa, FL - Masquerade (Feat. E.Town Concrete)
November 08th West Palm Beach, FL - Marz (Feat. E.Town Concrete)
November 09th Orlando, FL - House Of Blues (Feat. E.Town Concrete)
November 11th Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless (Feat. Skinlab)
November 12th Grand Prairie, TX - Next Stage (Feat. Skinlab)
November 13th San Antonio, TX - Sunset Station (Feat. Skinlab)
November 14th Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall (Feat. Skinlab)
November 16th Denver, CO - Denver Coliseum (Feat. Skinlab)
November 17th Salt Lake City, UT - Salt Air (Feat. Skinlab)
November 18th Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues (Feat. Skinlab)
November 20th Mesa, AZ - Mesa Amphitheater (Feat. OTEP)
November 21st San Diego, CA - 4th And B (Feat. OTEP)
November 23rd San Francisco, CA - The Warfield (Feat. OTEP)
November 25th Seattle, WA - Moore Theater (Feat. Five Foot Thick)
November 26th Portland, OR - Roseland (Feat. Drown Mary)
November 28th Ventura, CA - Ventura Theater (Feat. OTEP)
November 29th Los Angeles, CA - Universal Amphitheater (Feat. OTEP)

*** Dates subject to change

Visit www.jagermeistermusictour.com for more information

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 01, 2003 07:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations to you. Great news, hope all goes well for you.

Now, go slap XD around a bit and tell him to wake up, lazy bastard.

Oh, just noticed the Clear Channel bit. Oh TANGEEEEEN-TO! Never around when you need him...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 01, 2003 09:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations. That'll be a killer bit of exposure. Hope it all goes blinding for you. Good luck - and see if you can swipe some of that Jagermeister for us!
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted September 01, 2003 09:42     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kick ass, Nov 23rd better be on a Weekend
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 01, 2003 09:45     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
damn, the last crappy Jager-tour came here to charleston, but not this one??? im so mad.

anyways, cool deal XD~

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 01, 2003 12:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh, whaaa...? Damm. Troy man, you are a fuckin' nerd! But thanks for the kind words dude.

Um, ok... feeling a litttle akward here. Much too much Grolsch last night and I see my computer has been exploited once again.

Sorry for the spam fellas, my friend here lives and breathes PR for his band.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 01, 2003 15:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol. When he said you were asleep, I assume he meant 'tied up in the closet'?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 01, 2003 15:52     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol Lyc. Nope, just passed after a few too many. At least I didn't get drawn on w/permanant marker or anything.

Damn Troy, I still can't believe you spammed my precious hangout here!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted September 01, 2003 21:37     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Oh, just noticed the Clear Channel bit. Oh TANGEEEEEN-TO! Never around when you need him...

LOL!

I am divided here, of course.
First and foremost, congrats on the slot.
It should do wonders for your band's popularity.

As for ClearChannel, IT is evil and ruthless in ITS
'blanding-down' of radio listeners in the US.

They are deplorable and greedy; a vexation to independently produced music
- and if they had their way, there would be a chip in the brain of every consumer.

...which is why you should milk the bastards for all you can, and then some.

Just look at the promo above;
how many times do you see the name of 'The Product' in there?
And just look at how CC spit-shines their own asses every chance they get.

The whole thing was obviously written by some cheese-bot
ad man behind his tidy desk in his Muzak-flooded cubicle space.
Think the guy who wrote that drivel EVER headbanged to
'Reign in Blood' or threw elbows and steel-toes to 'Angel of Death'?

Bloody disgusting I tell ya.

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted September 01, 2003 21:50     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, cool news Troy & XD!
Fuckin playing with Slayer?!!!!
Bad ass man... Very cool!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 02, 2003 13:20     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi X-D.
Now I'm a bit curious. Since I'm new in this forum, can you or anyone else tell me what band you play in or going to play with (and if so what instrument)?
Do you have any album or mp3 for download or just to listen to?.....

Cheers!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 02, 2003 17:17     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll let the General answer this one himself, but he's not actually in the band, you see.
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted September 02, 2003 21:33     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
XD could your friend get me in free?
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 03, 2003 19:05     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Annki,
Thanks for your interest. Like Lyc says, I am not in Drown Mary, but they are friends of mine and I recorded/engineered their soon to be completed debut album. Some new samples can be found here. I'm curious to what you think of 'em (like them or not, ). Cheers!

St. Mike!!! What's up!?!?! Long time no see! Beers are in order here sometime soon my man!

SoCxNe0rC,
Where you at man? Here in the NW? Cool! No passes to give away, but it looks like I will be hangin' backstage at this gig and I just may pinch Angela Gossow's ass (for purely scientific reasons of course).

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted September 03, 2003 22:55     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get me a ticket to the Warfield show and I'll do anything
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted September 04, 2003 00:15     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just curious...how did Drown Mary get the gig in the first place? Management?

Definitely cool though.

**IMHO In Memorium should be playing instead **

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 04, 2003 02:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LEGION:
Just curious...how did Drown Mary get the gig in the first place? Management?

Definitely cool though.

**IMHO In Memorium should be playing instead **

Hey Paul, Jagermeister got them the gig. The Jager sponsership has opened a lot of doors for this band... which is an interesting thing to say in light of Tangento's comments on the Clear Channel bits. Corporate sponsorships of band, signed and unsigned, would make for an interesting thread methinks.

Alas, Drown Mary does work asses off and should be a good fit on the bill (certainly better than Five Foot Thick, who's playing the Seattle leg, IMO).

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 04, 2003 14:17     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi X-D
Listening to "Purpose". great intro the guitarsound is really something! (reminds me slightly of Piggy). IMO you sounds (musically) better than our swedes Arch Enemy. Not writing this to be kind, I really mean it.

Personally I have a hard time when I listen to the vocals, still have problems, trying to like the vocals. Maybe it's because I've done a bit of singin' and I still like to sing along in the lyrics. Can in fact be that I'm jelous that I can't scream like that........

Musically; Drown Mary is really great...

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 04, 2003 14:26     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Listened to "Unhabitated" "Single file" musically great stuff. Purpose is my fav.
Tell me when your album is out...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan