my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » My The Outer Limits arrived! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: My The Outer Limits arrived!
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 29, 2003 03:18     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TOL has arrived from UK. 3D glasses was included.

Now I'm almost lost in ...some other world.
The track Jack Luminous is....ahh.....umm..Yeah!..

No lyrics included, sneaked in at Yuri's, he has got them. The pictures is great!

Now, I gotta' lean back and just listen.......

cheeeeeersss

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 29, 2003 03:33     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
enjoy the trip!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 29, 2003 06:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TOL is one of the nicest ones imo.
I have both versions, the one with glasses
and the one without wich is in full color. (european??)

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 29, 2003 06:29     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Annki:

No lyrics included, sneaked in at Yuri's, he has got them. The pictures is great!

cheeeeeersss

Hi Annki,

congrats' well.... Jack Luminous is my absolute favotite track from Voivod, this has it all

I'm sure you will enjoy it

Grtzzz, DBC(who is packing right now for his 3 week jungletripp in Middle America )

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 29, 2003 07:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Jack Luminous'

Definitely a favorite amongst all Voivod fans
and my personal favorite Voivod song too.

BTW...Pierre St Jean played Bass on that CD.
(Hope i spelled that right.)
He is a damn fine Bass player too!
I think he has a band in local Montreal area now.
I love some of the runs he does on Jack Luminous.
I guess my only complaint would be that the Bass needs more distortion and the volume raised.

'Lost Machine' is another good one.
Sounds the same backwards and forwards!

Matt K.
VoivodFan
Member # 90

posted August 29, 2003 08:05     Profile for Matt K.   Email Matt K.     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pierre St-Jean is now with Heavens Cry (http://www.heavenscry.com).
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 29, 2003 08:50     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maatkk:
Pierre St-Jean is now with Heavens Cry (http://www.heavenscry.com).

I think the link should be www.heavenscry.com/index.php, then it worked. ..aarrghhhggg what have you now got me into? I like them! Listened to "out of me", it's just the sound on the drums that seems kind of "flat" (difficult express these things in eng.).

Is it tru; does The Lost Machine sound yhe same backwards? No kiddin'? But what about the lyrics?
I have too many fav's on TOL. Jack Luminous is no.1 so far. Can't be sure, Often happens I cange my mind after frequent listening. When the J. L. track has been on aprox 12 min there comes a very spacy "far in a distance" sound, right then they give me a slight reminder of another Canadian band: Klaatu. Voivod and Klaatu is not to be compared cos' I don't think they play the same kind of music. Think Klaatu split up very long time ago.

Besides J. L. my fav's (so far) is: WE ARE NOT ALONE, LE POINT NOIR, WRONG-WAY STREET, MOONBEAM RIDER. can I count The Nile Song in?. Pink Floyd isn't it? ........
Lokking at my list, that's almost every track on the album.....

This sure is goddies for my ears!
Cheers

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 29, 2003 08:56     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Death Brain Cell's:
Hi Annki,....Grtzzz, DBC(who is packing right now for his 3 week jungletripp in Middle America )

Have a good trip D.B.C.! If you can't keep in touch from where you are, send us a note when you return!
Cheers

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 29, 2003 13:38     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found the lyrics! In the middle, "hidden" among the 3D pictures!...........
Cheers

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 29, 2003 13:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good luck reading that tiny text!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 29, 2003 14:02     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, hhhhmmmmmmmm, my eyes is almost popping out of my head. Could use a "third eye" reading this!
Cheers

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 29, 2003 17:46     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what a coincidence~

yesterday i found a copy of TOL in my local record store, used, for 6 bucks. the case was wide open but the glasses were still in there. this makes the third one ive owned, haha.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 29, 2003 19:05     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's Soapbox time!

I'll go on record and state that The Outer Limits is the weakest (as a whole) Voivod album ever. Of course it has a couple of gems on it (most notably the big ass epic that is Jack Luminous) but overall, it just falls flat. Angel Rat gets all the flack, but it was much better written than this. Plus, with Piggy looking like a hippy at the time probably helped tarnish that whole record's cycle for me, too. Hehe.

End of Soapbox.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 30, 2003 08:43     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
It's Soapbox time!..........Plus, with Piggy looking like a hippy at the time probably helped tarnish that whole record's cycle for me, too. Hehe....
End of Soapbox.

Now I don't know what you mean by "soapbox". do you referr to soapoperas? A thing that goes on forever? If so let's make this one short!

I am very fond of AngelRat, no matter what anyone else have to say about the album: I will still be very fond of it
The Outer Limits; I really like that album, what I said about AR goes for TOL as well. someone elses opinion can't change my taste in music.......... .......

Have to admitt I'm still waiting for KT, DH and Rrooaar to arrive. Don't know, maybe I like them even more, maybe not.......

What have Piggy's looks got to do with his ability to play guitar?

End of this soap opera(?)
Cheers

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 30, 2003 08:59     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A soapbox is what public speakers used to stand on to get attention, in a crowd. It's so they could be seen over the heads of people, a little makeshift stage. (Supposedly). It has nothing to do with soap opera, trust me. It's just a phrase used when someone's publically writing or speaking their opinions. 'To get off one's soapbox' means to stop 'preaching' to a crowd. Or something.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 30, 2003 09:04     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you Lycantrophy.
I will have to chane my post then and say:
End of soapbox

Cheers

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 30, 2003 09:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Clarifications:
I never once mentionned his ability to play guitar. He rules, that's a given. I was only talkin' about the way he (and hell, the rest of 'em) looked at the time, in 1993. Fucking tie-die shirts and brown leather vests and tiny, round purple glasses? Cowboy hats? Oh come on! They were trying to be something that they were not. They tried their best to look as much MTV-friendly as they could (remember, this was 1993... the return of hippies).

How futuristic. *snorts*

Granted, the record isnt all that bad. But it *was* substandard to what they got us used to. Simply put, it wasnt weird enough.

Besides, i never intented to make you change your mind about the record either. I could give a shit. I'm Skulhed, and i'll say whatever the hell i want to, take it or leave it.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 30, 2003 09:59     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
.....He rules, that's a given....MTV-friendly .......Granted, the record isnt all that bad. But it *was* substandard to what they got us used to. Simply put, it wasnt weird enough......I'm Skulhed, and i'll say whatever the hell i want to, take it or leave it.

Piggy rules, that we agree on!
Personally I think many bands were somewhat "distroyed" by the whole MTV circus....I'm sure you know about that!

If Voivod wasn't weird enough, then maybe I have something to look forward too, soon reciving the other albums...
And yes, I know you're Skulhead and you say what ever you want, don't we all?

About change someones opinion about music; there are so many young folks around who just go for what "everybody else" thinks, to them MTV rulez. I don't like that.....
I was young in the 70's and then we just had the radio and the vinly albums to listen to. How someone looked didn't matter that much. Today, sadly, you have to look and act a certain way to become "famous"....the media cirkus "decide" who's good or bad.......For sure I'm not on that media "train"....

I'm a "new" Voivod fan and I do need advice from you who been in this for a long time. To me every album is a new adventure.

That picture! yeah what can I say....hmmmmm.....naaa

Cheers

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 30, 2003 14:51     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think that pic is cool... actually annki im pretty old school, but alot of hedz here are really old school and i dont think they like much of anything past Killing Technology ? but the plain truth is, VoiVods music really started to mature on Dimensions Hatross and the albums after. Dont get me wrong here, i love the early stuff too, but it got alot more complex at D.H. era. Come to think of it,i want to hear a remake of nuclear war as a bonus track on the next cd, that'll be awsome.

The Outer Limits & Angel Rat are masterpieces "period" \m/

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 30, 2003 15:36     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't think people like much past Killing Technology? When Dimension Hatross is the best one?
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 30, 2003 15:50     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
.. actually annki im pretty old school, but alot of hedz here are really old school and i dont think they like much of anything past Killing Technology .......
The Outer Limits & Angel Rat are masterpieces "period" \m/

Think I'm an old school myself when it comes to bands I "discovered" at the end of 70's. So I shouldn't judge others!

Forgot to mention I also got Nothingface (from Amazon UK). This CD album is just great.Seems like I discover new things every time I listen to it.
Got the message that "Amazon" dispatched Kronik and Rrooaar. Very impatience for them.

Also ordered DH and KT from a swedeish web shop..... .....can't figure out why it should take lomger time for a swedish store to send my stuff. The UK Amazon is a faster deliverer. And cheeper too....

Feels kind of nice to "discover" a band that can "twist" my mind and blow me away like Voivod..... .......They are so "new" to me, sound so fresh in my ears! So many albums to discover!

Got a ticket to The Globe Arena in Stockholm. Hope Voivod shows up together with Ozzy. Can honestly tell you I bought it when I found out Voivod was going to perform.

Cheers!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted September 01, 2003 03:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

The pictures is great!

cheeeeeersss

Congratulations, The Outer Limits has reached you, and you have reached the "outer limits"!
Have your other CDs arrived yet? You are going to overdose on Voivod, watch out, there is no anectdote!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 01, 2003 03:50     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Forgot to mention I also got Nothingface (from Amazon UK). This CD album is just great.Seems like I discover new things every time I listen to it.

...then wait until you've listend to Dimension Hatröss... you'll still be saying this in like 15 years from 1st listen, I tell you...

well, I do!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 02, 2003 10:23     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think I had an overdose on Voivod, thats true n.i.

Got some tracks from DH and KT downloaded as mp3:s sounds promising. I'm very "eager" for them to arrive. Got a note from my post office this morning telling me it's a large "letter" waiting for me at their office. Could it be what I'm waiting for.......... .........

By the way Ozzy has rescedualed in sweden he's coming november 16:th. Bought my ticket because Voivod was going whith on that gig. Sure hope they will come here in november.......What an adventure to experience them live. Don't care so much about Ozzy..........IT'S VOIVOD I WANT ! ....(oh, seems like I got an overdose)

Cheers

Rattlehead
VoivodFan
Member # 326

posted September 06, 2003 17:46     Profile for Rattlehead   Email Rattlehead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How many more Voivod album's do you need Annki?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan