my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Yuri's voivod.net

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Yuri's voivod.net
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 06:47     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone give me story behind this voiodfan.com becoming voivodhater.com at Yuris. I know it's because of a filter, so it's not that I'm wondering about. Why do he think of voivodfan.com as voivodhaters? What reasons does he have?

By the way, I don't think "nuclear infusion" is a Blacky-hater just because he post over at Yuri's.

I am a new-bee (new Voivod fan) so I don't know what's behind all this.. ...But I sure like to know....

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 28, 2003 06:59     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know, all the original posts about this are still on this site (I seem to remember Yuri deleting a lot of threads over at his site to destroy eveidence! ;-)). Just search through the old threads. It's all there, and there it should stay. God is dead. Viva la revolution!!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 06:59     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uh? oh!...
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 07:15     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't you at least give me a clue? is it month's or years back?.........

Cheers

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 07:30     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you should run a search with any combination of the following keywords/expressions:

Warcorpse
Angel
Rat
Demos
God
Dog
Satan
You have been banned

I'm sure it'll help...

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 07:42     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank's.
Understand things better now.
No need to dig deeper in the sh%t.

Think I am among the right people here.... ....
But just as a fact; I like Voivod's new album and I like their early one's too...... ....I've come to the conclusion that I like both Blacky and Newsted. (And of course Snake, Piggy and Away)

Cheers!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 28, 2003 07:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But....what about Eric Forest?

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 08:12     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
But....what about Eric Forest?

Oh, sorry!
Haven't heard any of the track on the albums he appears on, yet. You have to inform me on what albums he appears on. Kiddin'! Now he was on Phobos and Negatron. Is he on Kronik too? If so I'll soon will be able to tell you what I think of Eric.

I am a little bit "frightened" to listen to someone else than Snake on vocals. Now I'm beeing "childish". What if I don't like his voice? I'll have to do as I've done before; If there is a change in a band I like, I listen to their new stuff over and over again until I found the "goodies". It's almost like I have to learn to appreciate new "things".

Maby all of us make up our mind's in advance: - No I am not gonna loke this and that because my fav is not on that album. Can be hard to stay openminded sometimes.

You recommend what tracks I should listen too on Phobos and Negatron, cos' I sure can need some advice! ...

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 08:17     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
off Negatron:
Insect, Planet Hell, Cosmic Conspiracy, Bio-TV

off Phobos:
Quantum, Rise, Forlorn

off Kronik:
Erosion, Vortex, Ion

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted August 28, 2003 08:18     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Nanoman" is my favourite on the "Negatron" album.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 08:25     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you guy's! Will soon be reciving Kronik from a web shop ordered it 2 weeks ago!...

Watch out web! Here I go for some eric vocals!!!!!!!hhmmm, mp3 files, not especially fond of them, but what the****. Can't expect the albums to come straight into my hands...

Cheers!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 28, 2003 08:37     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phobos is worth the price for the title track alone. Negatron is a bit weak for me. Still a good album, but not up to scratch!
You'll have to do some detective work to find out more on the .net situation. Most people are kinda tired of it all, except yuri it seems! lol! Oh, and Kula! Ask him - he loves to rant about it!!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 10:28     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Phobos is worth the price for the title track alone......do some detective work to find out more on the .net situation. Most people are kinda tired of it all!....... lol! Oh, and Kula! Ask him - he loves to rant about it!!

Hi, found phobos,neutrino and bacteria on at K***a. The long intro on phobos is a "killer" the sound is wooow, awesome and on neutrino!!!! The "space-sound" it's truly great...on bacteria also.....The heavy drum beat, the bass and Pggy's guitar sound. What can I say!
Can't afford to buy any more albums, have to wait a couple of weeks....

No need to dig in the .net matter.

Erics voice; not like Snake but stll his voice kind of goes with the whole sound.
Eric on bass? Like him as well as Blacky and Newsted.
Got the message from Amazon that Rrooaar (incl. extra tracks) and Kroniks was sent from UK today...... ...I'm wating for them to arrive.

Cheers!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 10:44     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Annki:
Got the message from Amazon that Rrooaar (incl. extra tracks)

extra tracks???

WTF???
that's Killing Tecnhology, no?

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 10:56     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
extra tracks???

WTF???
that's Killing Tecnhology, no?

No sorry got it wrong this is what the message says;
I qoute: "Kronic [EXTRA TRACKS] [IMPORT 13.83 GBP 1] sold by AmazonInternational sales Inc." that's the mail I got.

What does it mean (the extra tracs)?

Cheers!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 11:11     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the Killing Technology CD has 2 extra tracks that were not on the original wynil pressings (Cockroaches + Too Scared too Scream)...

but for Kronik, I'm not sure what the extra track thing is about...
maybe it stands for the 3 unreleased tracks Erosion / Vortex /Ion...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 28, 2003 11:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
What does it mean (the extra tracs)?
Cheers!

Hi Annki,
when I listen to Kronik I discover everytime something new, that mean's extra, isn't it?

Grtzzz, DBC

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 11:16     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Death Brain Cell's:
Hi Annki,
when I listen to Kronik I discover everytime something new, that mean's extra, isn't it?

Grtzzz, DBC

Hi DBC.
As always! You give me the "best" answer's.
Nice place to find you in....

Cheers!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 11:35     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
.....but for Kronik, I'm not sure what the extra track thing is about...
maybe it stands for the 3 unreleased tracks Erosion / Vortex /Ion...

Hi Outcast.
When I asked for advice on witch tracks you specially told me to look for "Erosion", "Vortex" and "Ion" on Kronik. Are they unreleased?...
If they are on the album I'm a lucky one.

Cheers!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 28, 2003 11:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, they're on the cd. I guess they're dubbed "unreleased" since they on were on the japanese edition of both Negatron and Phobos. But they were always on Kronik.
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 14:22     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Yup, they're on the cd....

Thank's. Then I know I'm getting them soon.

Cheers!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted August 28, 2003 16:17     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Annki,

Eric also has been a busy camper since his departure from Voivod. He has a new band called "E-Force" who has an album due out this fall as well as contributing vox and bass to "Project: Failing Flesh". All good stuff and both sites contain mp3 samples.

For the Eric-era stuff, definitly buy Phobos first, the Negatron, then Kronik... Kronik is a bit spotty, but has some nice unreleased tracks, "Ion", being one of the most amazing IMO. Cheers!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 29, 2003 00:15     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
By the way, I don't think "nuclear infusion" is a Blacky-hater just because he post over at Yuri's.

You're right, I love Blacky.
Now only if Voivod would ask him to re-record some older trax for a bonus on the upcoming release (ala Testament 'First Strike Still Deadly'),...... COME ON GUYS YOU GOTTA DO THIS!!!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 29, 2003 11:30     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
You're right, I love Blacky.
Now only if Voivod would ask him to re-record some older trax for a bonus on the upcoming release (ala Testament 'First Strike Still Deadly'),...... COME ON GUYS YOU GOTTA DO THIS!!!

yeah! i always wondered what Jack Luminous would sound like with Blacky on bass!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan