my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Entertaining Spam Emails

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Entertaining Spam Emails
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 28, 2003 05:33     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got this in my Email-inbox this morning, thought I'd share it with you.

"CHIEF SALES MANAGER,
NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLUEM (sic) COMPANY(N.N.P.C)

DR.Hamza USMAN,

Atten:

COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON TO YOU.I AM DR.HAMZA USMAN,
THE CHIEF SALES MANAGER OF N.N.P.C.WE DEAL WITH THE
PRODUCTION AND EXPORTATION OF CRUDE OIL AND ITS
BY-PRODUCTS TO ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD.
WE HAD 20.5 MILLION US DOLLARS RECOVERED OVER INVOICE
WHICH WE WILL LOVE TO INVEST IN YOUR COUNTRY THROUGH
YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

ALL WE NEED FOR THIS TRANSFER ARE THE FOLLOWING:
1.BANK PARTICLUARS AND BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER
2.BANK NAME AND BANK ADDRESS
3.PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER AND FAX NUMBER
4.COMPANYS NAME AND ADDRESS
SURELY, ALL THAT WE BE ENOUGH FOR THIS TRANSFER AND
THE SHARE GOES AS FOLLOWS:
30% FOR YOU, 10% FOR THE EXPENSES , 60% FOR MY COMPANY
HERE IN NIGERIA.
WE NEED SOMEONE WHO IS SINCERE, TRUSTWORTHY,
TRUTHFULL,SERIOUS AND ONE WHO CAN HANDLE THIS HUGE SUM
OF MONEY.
WELL, IF YOU ARE STILL VERY MUCH INTERESTED REPLY ME
URGENTLY AND I ASSURE YOU THAT IT WONT AFFECT YOU IN
ANYWAY.

BEST REGARDS
DR.HAMZA USMAN.

(THE CHIEF SALES MANAGER OF N.N.P.C)"

I've heard so much about these scams that the only reasonable reply would be, "Go to Hell". Makes you wonder about the sort of people who actually fall for these things. I mean, he doesn't even spell 'petroleum' right.

|  IP: Logged
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted August 28, 2003 05:41     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh heh. I never actually read through it before. They also misspelled PARTICLUARS, COMPANYS and TRUTHFULL

Did Puzzled write it?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2003 05:46     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is a well known scam that has suckered an awful lot of people who were so greedy and stupid they fell for it. Some Businessman in Scotland (of all places) paid up £1.2 million before the 'trail went cold'.

If you feel like replying, mention the FBI. They hate that.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 28, 2003 06:04     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What intrigued me was one particular line - "IF YOU ARE STILL VERY MUCH INTERESTED". Um, excuse me? Did I *ask* you to send me this? Did I ever express to you a sudden desire to hand over my banking details to a complete and utter stranger, who almost certainly does not exist?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2003 08:48     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
um...you didn't save the link at all did you? No? ok never mind, sorry.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 28, 2003 09:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Subject: Suffer from a small penis?

New Medical Formula will Expand your Manhood and Elevate your Libido!

"Your Power Enlarge Patch is, by far, the most powerful and fast-acting p e n i s e n l a r g e m e n t product I have ever used…and I've used them all! Kudos to your company, this is sure to be the next big thing in male enhancement products!" Robbie M. Sacramento CA.

F R E E Shipping Worldwide!

I love how fast your product worked on my boyfriend, he can't stop talking about how excited he is with his new girth, length, andlibido! Sandy -Seattle

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 04, 2003 11:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every time I receive spam or weird e-mails, I always check out sites like this (and forward the links to those who sent me spam!): http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/

or this one in french: http://www.hoaxbuster.com/index.php

And Lyc, the best reply to a spam is no reply, because if you reply, it means that your e-mail adress is working (and therefore, ready to receive more spam).

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted September 04, 2003 11:59     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"ENLARGE YOUR PENIS
Success is guaranteed or receive a full refund!

VP-RX ENLARGEMENT PILLS

CLICK HERE NOW

Your penis will grow up to 3 inches

Your erections will be rock hard

Your sex drive will be supercharged

Your orgasms will be more intense

Your partner will be astounded

CLICK HERE NOW"

Thank korgull for spamfiltering.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted September 04, 2003 12:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:

And Lyc, the best reply to a spam is no reply, because if you reply, it means that your e-mail adress is working (and therefore, ready to receive more spam).

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

I know that.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan