my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzy cancels european tour

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzy cancels european tour
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 28, 2003 03:35     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there,

i just bought tickets to the Ahoy show, 09-09-2003 and guess what. The show is cancelled by Ozzy due to death of his tourmanager........

The tour will be played later on but if Voivod will be on that bill i am afraid not.

It makes a clubcircuit in Europe possible for Voivod. I hope so.....

greetz, Paul

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 28, 2003 04:09     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe I'm gona be lucky, because I'm going 30 august on holiday for 3 weeks and couldn't go to see VoiVod in the "Ahoi".

Hopefully they do an clubtour instead, but please after the 18th

Gtzzz

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 28, 2003 04:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear the gigs are gonna be rescheduled for later in the year. Hopefully Ozzy will take his bloody daughter along and Voivod can do a headline tour instead!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 28, 2003 07:37     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well...I dont understand what is going on.
This was on Blabbermouth this morning, so...

:::::

VOIVOD To Open For OZZY OSBOURNE In Europe - Aug. 28, 2003

Veteran Montreal-based metallers VOIVOD, featuring former METALLICA and current OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Jason "Jasonic" Newsted, have been confirmed as the opening act on OSBOURNE's upcoming European tour, scheduled to kick off on September 9 in Rotterdam, Holland. VOIVOD will fill the slot originally occupied by GODSMACK, who pulled out of the tour in early July due to "scheduling conflicts". Filling the middle slot on the entire tour will be the Finnish goth-metallers H.I.M.

VOIVOD with OZZY OSBOURNE, H.I.M.:

Sep. 09 - Ahoy - Rotterdam, NET
Sep. 10 - Konig-Pilsener Arena - Oberhausen, GER
Sep. 13 - Hartwall Arena - Helsinki, FIN
Sep. 15 - Stockholm Globe Arena - Stockholm, SWE
Sep. 16 - Oslo Spektrum - Oslo, NOR
Sep. 19 - Hallenstadion - Zurich Zurich, SWI
Sep. 20 - Stadion - Salzburg, AUT
Sep. 22 - Schleyerhalle - Stuttgart, GER
Sep. 24 - Stadthalle - Vienna, AUT
Sep. 25 - Olympiahalle - Munich, GER
Sep. 27 - Amphitheatre - Plzen, CZR
Sep. 29 - Messehalle - Leipzig, GER
Sep. 30 - Arena (in Treptow) - Berlin, GER

It is not presently clear if VOIVOD will be supporting OZZY at any of his rescheduled U.K. dates, which are set to take place in late October.

::::

Is the tour still a go?
Looks to me like it is, but then, what do i know. lol!

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted August 28, 2003 07:56     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi King Kula.

I hope it's true cos' I have a ticket for the gig at The Globe Arena in Stockholm.
I really want to hear and see Voivod live!.
Bought the ticket (on the "black market") because of Voivod......
Imagine; 3 times the regular price, this ticket didn't come cheep. but it will be worth it if Voivod shows up. ...aarrghhhh

Cheers

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2003 23:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Death Brain Cell's:
Maybe I'm gona be lucky, because I'm going 30 august on holiday for 3 weeks and couldn't go to see VoiVod in the "Ahoi".

Hopefully they do an clubtour instead, but please after the 18th

Gtzzz

Hey dude I hope so too for your benefit.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 29, 2003 01:24     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He guys, i heard it on national radio yesterday. They were giving away tickets for that concert and www.aardschok.com reports the same cancelling................

Later, Paul

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 02, 2003 07:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More from Blabbermouth:

:::

OZZY OSBOURNE: More Rescheduled European Dates Announced - Sep. 2, 2003

More rescheduled dates have been announced for OZZY OSBOURNE's upcoming European tour. As previously reported, the trek — which was originally set to kick off this week in the U.K. — was postponed in order to allow the singer to undergo foot surgery.

OZZY OSBOURNE's rescheduled European tour dates:

Oct. 22 - Dublin, IRE @ The Point
Oct. 24 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Oct. 26 - Newcastle, UK @ Arena
Oct. 29 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena
Oct. 31 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Nov. 01 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Nov. 04 – Rotterdam, NETH @ Ahoy
Nov. 12 – Oslo, NOR @ Oslo Spektrum
Nov. 14 – Göteborg, SWE @ Scandinavium (new date)
Nov. 16 – Stockholm, SWE @ Globe Arena
Nov. 18 – Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Areena
Nov. 23 - Oberhausen, GER @ Konig-Pilsener Arena

The remaining shows will be announced later this week. Support at all dates will come from Finnish goth-metallers H.I.M..

Oh well.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 02, 2003 10:29     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Singin' with his foot eeh? (That was not nice of me writing that)
But I'm a bit ****%&%%. I wanted to hear VOIVOD LIVE!!!!!! argggggghhhh

cheers

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 02, 2003 10:42     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont know, but Voivod just might still be on that bill.

Footzy, Him and Voivod?

Maybe if you can call whatever Radio Station that is helping Sponsor it and ask them.
I dunno.

VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 02, 2003 13:03     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would rather go to a Voivod concert that just lasted 1 hour, than see Ozzy+ gang for 2,5 hours. One hour Voivod live is certanly worht more to me!
Think I have become a "voivodholic"......

Cheers

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted September 04, 2003 03:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Ankki. Becoming an addict of the Vod isn't that difficult. I am a fan from way back in the 80's remembering RRROOOAAARRR came out. There doesn't go a day by without thinking about Voivod. Even on holidays visiting Internetstores to see how things are going. I am interested in lot's of other bands like Slayer, Celtic Frost, S.O.D, and other old shit but Voivod will always be my favorite....
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 04, 2003 07:53     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

Spokesperson: VOIVOD To Open OZZY OSBOURNE's Rescheduled European Tour - Sep. 3, 2003

Montreal metallers VOIVOD will be the opening band on OZZY OSBOURNE's rescheduled European tour, which is now slated to kick off on October 22 in Dublin, Ireland, a spokesperson for Sharon Osbourne Management has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Occupying the middle slot at all dates will be Finnish goth-metallers H.I.M. As previously reported, the trek — which was originally set to kick off this week in the U.K. — was postponed in order to allow the singer to undergo foot surgery.

OZZY OSBOURNE's rescheduled European tour dates:

Oct. 22 - Dublin, IRE @ The Point
Oct. 24 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Oct. 26 - Newcastle, UK @ Arena
Oct. 29 - London, UK @ Wembley Arena
Oct. 31 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Nov. 01 - Birmingham, UK @ NEC
Nov. 04 – Rotterdam, NETH @ Ahoy
Nov. 08 - Berlin, GER @ Arena (In Treptow)
Nov. 12 – Oslo, NOR @ Oslo Spektrum
Nov. 14 – Göteborg, SWE @ Scandinavium (new date)
Nov. 16 – Stockholm, SWE @ Globe Arena
Nov. 18 – Helsinki, FIN @ Hartwall Arena
Nov. 23 - Oberhausen, GER @ Konig-Pilsener Arena
Nov. 25 - Leipzig, GER @ Messehalle
Dec. 03 - Stuttgart, GER @ Schleyerhalle
Dec. 05 - Munich, GER @ Olympiahalle

The remaining shows will be announced later this week.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 04, 2003 08:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool news Kula. I also hear that those Him lot are doing a one off UK club date for 200 people while they're over here. If only the Vod were doing the same.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted September 04, 2003 09:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Cool news Kula. I also hear that those Him lot are doing a one off UK club date for 200 people while they're over here. If only the Vod were doing the same.

cool... I think that a show every 2-3 days could allow them to do that...
come on... spell it..
eff - har - hey - hen - c - hee...
OK, got it?

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted September 04, 2003 12:19     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ouais les chums v'nez donc en frînce, sti d'ciboire! (?)
VoivodFan
Member # 358

posted September 04, 2003 13:48     Profile for 000   Email 000     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi.
yeah Paul, I'm sure an addict on Voivod ..., strange enough I was an addict on Thin Lizzy/Phil Lynott but that all strated in the 70's and of course I can't compare their musical styles, (I liked theri early materil best). Since lizzy and Lynott I have never been addicted to any band but now.....VOIVOD..

Thanks King Kula for giving me hope!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan