my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Desperately Need Voivod in Houston 1986 and 1987 Live Concerts!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Desperately Need Voivod in Houston 1986 and 1987 Live Concerts!!!
neutronboy2000
VoivodFan
Member # 71

posted August 27, 2003 23:37     Profile for neutronboy2000   Email neutronboy2000     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Usually this would go in the 'Trades' column but I'm desperate for help.I'm looking for live audio of Voivod at Cardi's,Houston,TX 1986/San Antonio,TX 1986/El Paso,TX/Dallas/Ft.Worth/Austin(better copy).Same TX itinerary for the US "TOURNADO" 1987 as well!!! There has to be someone in Texas with these shows!!! Get in touch and if you help me,I will definitely hook you up with some killer Voivod shows in return!!! Serious replies only-Got absolutely no time for flakes/bullshit timewasters!!!!!!
 |  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 28, 2003 02:29     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't "Mess" with "Texas."
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 28, 2003 03:52     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know I often get the urge to hear some Voivod NOW, but shit - thats pretty fucking specific, mate!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 28, 2003 04:18     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
when exactly did they tour TX in 1987?
june?

the full San Antonio '86 show exists somewhere... I only have a pale 25 min version myself...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2003 23:28     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
Don't "Mess" with "Texas."

Why don't you come experience some of our "southern" hospitality first-hand. (choke on this shotgun and pull the trigger yo'self) Hahaha couldn't resist...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 28, 2003 23:31     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey dude I would hook you up but, I didn't even know who Voivod were back then. Good luck on finding those!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 29, 2003 05:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The main problem I find with almost all of the Voivod live recordings I have (30+) is that the sound quality isn't very good and I don't have the desire to listen to them more than a couple of times. I, of course, keep collecting all the shows I can; but, still find I don't have one that has great sound that makes me want to listen to it a lot.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted August 29, 2003 05:44     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
right on Schroeder!
there are too few very good sounding recordings... we need more Voivod soundboard recordings!!!

1986 recordings have really raw sound and are sometimes spotty... they are listenable but... 1987 recordings are slightly better, sound is sharper... Hartford 5/02/87 is a good example... a few winter eueopean dates are quite good too! 1990 boots are definately the best sounding ones...

unfortunately, most of the 1993 shows that were recorded are not very good... in spite of the fact that the band's sound must have been somewhat clearer/less distorted...

some 1997 boots are excellent sounding btw.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan