my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD on IMX!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VOIVOD on IMX!
rtdex1021
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 357

posted August 18, 2003 12:54     Profile for rtdex1021   Email rtdex1021     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD is gonna be on IMX at 6 pm East Coast on the Fuse Network, it looks like its gonna be great! Check it out.
 |  IP: Logged
The Chophouse
VoivodFan
Member # 165

posted August 18, 2003 13:05     Profile for The Chophouse   Email The Chophouse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuse is looking for Voivod fans to come to the taping of Fuse's new live show, "IMX", Wednesday, August 20, when Voivod will be on the show!
If you're in the NYC area and available from 5:00-7:30pm, August 20th (Wednesday!), between the ages of 15-25 and willing to be in a LIVE audience panel for IMX (@ 11 Penn Plaza studio),
Please Contact
Stacy @ 212.324.3461. Make sure to leave your digits! (We mean your numbers) This is on a first come-first serve basis, so if you snooze, you lose!

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted September 02, 2003 07:24     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did anyone see this? Has it been on yet?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted September 02, 2003 07:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess it was on Aug 20th.
I didnt see it, partly because of the crappy way necessary to navigate through that website!

Jeeze! Someone shoot that web designer!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 02, 2003 14:50     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw it. It was originally on Aug. 20, which I didn't see because I don't get Fuse in Seattle. But I saw a replay on Sunday Aug. 24 in Montana, strangely enough. It was very good - about the last 15 min. of the show (including about 5 commercial breaks it seemed).

First Away explained the origin of the Voivod concept (again)..."when I was 12 years old..." The talking was pretty well spread out amongst all four of them - Piggy actually talked quite a bit. They took a couple questions from the audience. A guy with a War and Pain shirt asked Piggy about his influences as a guitarist (I guess at least one Voivod fan made it in). Away and Jason flipped over a table that was part of the set and Away spent the last 5 min. or so drawing on the bottom of the table. And they played the We Carry On video.

All in all it was a pretty good piece. I was really excited that they replayed it over the weekend.

Megan

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 02, 2003 15:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool review! And welcome aboard!
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted September 02, 2003 20:03     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you. I've actually visited a number of times, but never had anything to say...

And then when I did I forgot the best part.

The band was asked what was the strangest thing they'd seen while touring on Ozzfest, and they all broke up laughing and Jason told this story. At one show, there was a woman right in front of the bass position. She was not terribly young, I gather, and she was topless. As Jason put it "they were like two small construction worker's heads, and gravity had long since done its work..." (insert appropriate illustrative gestures here) They were both pierced, with a chain connecting them and a second chain attached to that. She held on to the second chain and raised and lowered it to the rhythm of the music.

Jason said he'd already had a bucket behind his amp because he hadn't been doing that well, and after he saw that he decided he couldn't look over at that side of the stage for the remainder of the 40 min. show.

I just about died laughing....but luckily I survived to tell you all.

Megan

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 02, 2003 20:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is funny! Funny/scary, but funny none the less.

Did anyone else see that interview on Musique Plus fax? I turned it on halfway through so I'm not sure if it was new but when Jason asked if Piggy said he was allergic to him in french I thought that was funny. Also when Jason said french is a very exotic language after listening to Piggy. I guess that Saguenay accent could be considered exotic, hehe.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted September 03, 2003 09:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
I guess that Saguenay accent could be considered exotic, hehe.

What do you mean by that, sti??? (says Maldoror with his thick Chicoutimi accent).

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 03, 2003 09:56     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what did you say? take that potatoe out of your mouth!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan