my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ...And Signing Back In.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ...And Signing Back In.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 17, 2003 08:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I am back. I hope you had a good time in my absence.

Holiday was okay.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 17, 2003 21:36     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice to see you again Lyc! Was this a family vacation you took? Where'd ya go? Heat wave get you there too? It's bloody hot everywhere man. 36 fucking degrees Celcius today. Fuckinshit!!!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 18, 2003 04:31     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, hopefully the last one with my family.

Went during the week Britain had record-breaking temperatures (37 Degrees!), but it was nice to do nothing at all for a change.

It was quite funny, all the news reports talking about the sudden effects of Global Warming - when we're still technically in a mini-Ice Age.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted August 18, 2003 08:53     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you mean "my family" as in traveling with your parents and siblings? I just narrowly survived a roadtrip with my parents to Alberta myself. In order to save money I ended up sharing various hotel rooms with them. I paid my own way of course but Jesus, here I am, I'm 36 friggin years old and I still have to sleep on a goddamned cot! Not only that but my father suffers from a very severe case of sleep apnea - he snores so loud its almost unbelievable! Thank god I brought along my earplugs! Besides that, my parents have a thing about air conditioning at night time! Oh well, this is probably one of the last times that I'll ever travel with them. At least I did witness some amazing spectacles like coming across no fewer than 8 different forest fires and an outbreak of pestilence in Alberta. We're talking locusts here - zillions of them - in some areas over 200 per square meter! At times while we were tavelling just north of Rocky mountain House, it appeared to be snowing! Green snow as in grasshoppers! The little buggers! In regards to a mini ice age, you should have spent the last few winters out here on the west coast where it hardly snowed at all except for a few anomalies! Not like back in the late sixties (and earlier) when we used to enjoy a huge dumping of snow! And we are talking well over two feet during a single snow storm!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 18, 2003 10:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello there, I'm back from holiday too. Camping in Gaspésie (eastern Québec) under the rain with my wife, her 7 yo son and our little 4 months old little guy, and visiting Ottawa in the sun, coming back home just before the black-out.

It's back to work now, with billions of e-mail to look at, and tons of paperwork to catch up. Sweet.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 18, 2003 18:23     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL!

Nothing like a cot, some unbearably loud snoring, a few massive fires
and outbreaks of pestilence to round out a nice vacation 'eh, Indio?

Oh, and W/B Lyc!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted August 20, 2003 00:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WB Lyc.

I survived 7 hours with my family on the 401 highway in a van during rolling blackouts (or whatever the hell that power grid disturbance was). Although I was tempted I did not push anyone out on to the side of the road. I deserve many beers.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted August 20, 2003 03:40     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes... it's only after spending long periods of time with your family that you realise why you only do things like that once or twice a year...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan