my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Darien Lake rainfest

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Darien Lake rainfest
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted August 11, 2003 19:19     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since few people have posted anything about the Ozzfest shows, I figured I'd offer my 2 cents about this afternoon's show at Darien Lake, NY (Buffalo area).

The show was obviously shorter than the spring tour. They didn't do "We Carry On", surprisingly. But "Facing Up" was fun live. And "Tribal Convictions" is always great. They started at 3:00, even though the Ozzfest site lists them for a 3:30 start time. I guess this is the case at a lot of the shows, so I don't know why they don't just change it on the site. Whatever.

The whole Ozzfest atmosphere made it kind of a weird show.... People throwing toilet paper rolls around, guys (not Voivod) getting hit with flying cups of beer, and in a moment where I thought I was at a Van Halen show, a woman got on her boyfriend's shoulders and pulled up her top for Snake. But she was obviously not doing it because she was a Voivod fan...it could've been John Tesh up there and she would've done the same thing.

I went over and met the guys after the set...again. During the wait in line, it started to rain a little. Then a bit more. Then a whole fucking lot! So after getting drenched, my friends and I decided to leave (no offense to Ozzy, but we didn't want to catch colds waiting for him). So as I type this, Korn is probably playing to a way-too appreciative crowd. No thanks. I saw what I needed to see. And we were fortunate enough to get $10 tickets, so it wasn't like we felt like it was a waste of money. All-in-all, it was an interesting experience. I prefer smaller Voivod shows, though.

Twindummy - it was great to meet you. Email me, OK?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 12, 2003 07:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good review!
Too bad you got rained on.
I hear they didnt let Marilyn Manson play there, so maybe thats why Voivod were on early.

Twindummy
VoivodFan
Member # 15

posted August 12, 2003 07:48     Profile for Twindummy   Email Twindummy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can add little also - First off is that Jason really looks at home with these guys. It's weird, He looks like he should've been up there with them years ago. It's great to see them as a four piece again - the way it should be.
My biggest dissapointment was that they didn't play "Real Again". I was suprised at some of the selections from the new album but it didn't matter cause they all rule anyway. Snake had a disposable camera and was taking pics of the crowd. That was cool. Jason had the whole place chanting Voivod at the end of the set. Both Jason and Snake were wearing the same Voivod black t-shirt that they were selling at the show. Piggy had his toy gun as usual during Astronomy.
I also left after the meet and greet due to the buckets of rain coming down. The rain ruined actually 'meeting' them because everyone was so concerned with staying dry and keeping their autographs dry, etc. Jason's marker stopped working when he signed mine cause it got all wet. It sucked. My 8X10 is basicaly ruined from the rain. But it was all worth it to see another Voivod show.

Spudboy - Nice meeting you too. I'll email you soon.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan