my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Wee-Wee Joins G3

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wee-Wee Joins G3
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 09, 2003 15:41     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Click for info.
Should be interesting, eh?.
I need to see Vai live anyway, maybe now is the time.

|  IP: Logged
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 09, 2003 17:44     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FYI Yngwie: You gotta play a 7 string Ibanez to be cool these days. Oh, and ditch the sunglasses, you're from fookin Sweden! LOL
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 09, 2003 17:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sometimes like Vai, some old Malmsteed is cool but Satriani I could do without.
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 09, 2003 18:14     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steeler still kicks ass.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 09, 2003 23:42     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to the first G3 back in '97. Satriani and Vai were of course there, forgot who else. It was a good show, had good seats and sat most the time, since this really isn't a concert people stand on the seats and yell, ya know.

EDIT: Just looked at the link, and that was Robert Fripp I saw and didn't even know who the fuck he was! What a trip--I just remember he was an amazing guitarist who sat in a chair the whole time.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 09, 2003 23:49     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like Fripp alright.
Damn, I wonder what they played!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 10, 2003 03:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would tell you but to be honest with you I didn't know the names of any of their songs then, and I still don't now. I know, I'm fucking useless LOL! I just remember the two people I went with were technical guitar freaks that went just to see how they played. And to hear some good music I guess.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 10, 2003 06:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FRIPP played his soundscape pieces and probably improved some (but you wouldn't be able to tell). He was floored when Vai and Joe asked him to play, and he asked if they had heard what he plays!!! I think Eric Johnson also played that tour and Fripp said he wanted to open, while people were still getting to their seats. What a humble genius!!!

I love Satch!!! He's an incredible player and best of the bunch IMHO. Vai's cds are sometime hit or miss, but I have enjoyed every one of Satriani's releases.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 10, 2003 16:29     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Satch on Yngwie - "It's well known in our cirles that the guy is just an asshole. That said, it would be cool to jam with him"

Yngwie on Satch - put a note under his door saying: "Thanks for not copying me like everyone else does."

heh - I see they have a mutual friend standing between them.

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted August 11, 2003 02:42     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know what ?

When it comes to unique beautifully played virtuoso guitar, there's only one guy:

*** ALLAN HOLDSWORTH ***.

Ckeck it out and learn.
Suggestions: his records
"Wardenclyffe Tower"
"Secrets"
or
"Heavy Machinery" (feat. Jens & Anders Johansson)

Killer !

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted August 11, 2003 11:05     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where the hell is Ace Frehley? I say it should be G4. Where's the love? C'mon - you can't deny his prowess. Playing sloppy hacked blues riffs while bottle rockets are launching from your headstock ain't easy. Plus, the fact that his face is slowing sliding off of his skull would make for an interesting spectacle, no?

Awk!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 11, 2003 12:38     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
Where the hell is Ace Frehley? I say it should be G4. Where's the love? C'mon - you can't deny his prowess. Playing sloppy hacked blues riffs while bottle rockets are launching from your headstock ain't easy. Plus, the fact that his face is slowing sliding off of his skull would make for an interesting spectacle, no?

Awk!

COLD, man that is C O L D!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 12, 2003 03:30     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well shit, why not make it G5 and let Kerry King join in?

Having Vai and Satch on the same tour as God detracts from His genius as it is!

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 12, 2003 21:45     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't heard anything from Wee-Wee since Marching Out!

Add K.K. Downing and Glen Tipton playing an hour of JP solos and call it G7.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 13, 2003 04:52     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There should be a huge Teleathon-type display behind them, with Total Notes Played. Once it reaches one million (about five minutes into Yngwies set, or one minute into Glenn Tiptops, sorry, Tiptons) then they bring out Kurt Cobains corpse and attack it with sticks and rocks etc.

Also, there should be a notes-per-second Speedometer with a Eurovision-style 'league of speed' table. My money is on Glenn fucking Tiptop.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan