my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jimmy Page rocks, but......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jimmy Page rocks, but......
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 05, 2003 20:02     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today was payday and I thought I would treat myself to something I thought would be extra special....the new 2 disc set of "never-before-seen" classic LIVE performances of Led Zeppelin!

I have always thought that "The Song Remains the Same" was a classic so I can't wait to get home and watch this DVD set. I will let you all know how much I enjoyed it tomorrow

This is for the grrls: we all know that Jimmy Page fuckin' rocks on guitar, but wasn't he damn fine back in the day???

|  IP: Logged
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 06, 2003 00:57     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
jimmy page rocks butt?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 06, 2003 04:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, whats with the "but..."?

Jimmy Page rocks - full fucking stop.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 06, 2003 04:53     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Hypergrrl. That Zeppelin DVD rocks. You made a fine choice there! I decline to comment on how fine mr page is/was though, as one of my mates is the spitting image of him! And besides, I like birds, me!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 06, 2003 05:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you don't absolutley love the dvd and aren't totally blown away by the quality and performance and sound...go check yourself into an insane asylum!!! If you have surround sound hooked up, make sure you crank that up!!!

AMAZING

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 06, 2003 08:50     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
By all accounts, i'm not a Zep fan. But i rented the dvd a couple of weeks back, and i enjoyed it a lot simply because it's PACKED with pretty much everything they ever filmed.

The way music dvd's should be done, i think.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 06, 2003 10:50     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slugbutt:
jimmy page rocks butt?

No not your butt, slugbutt, but if he had one, I am sure it would rock - butt I like skinny white boys anyway, as you know!!

quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Malmsteen:
yeah, whats with the "but..."?

Jimmy Page rocks - full fucking stop.

Of course he fuckin' does! I was just trying to get everyone's attention. Besides, it doesn't hurt to have an awesome guitarist who is also sexy as hell - damn, the way he swings his hips! Ha ha...

quote:
Originally posted by h:
I decline to comment on how fine mr page is/was though, as one of my mates is the spitting image of him!

Can I meet your friend...pleeeaaase

quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
...go check yourself into an insane asylum!!! AMAZING

I have just been declared absolutely SANE! AMAZING? YES!

quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
By all accounts, i'm not a Zep fan....The way music dvd's should be done, i think.

If this didn't make you a fan, I think you'd better take schroeder's advice But your are right that this is the way music should be made! Imagine Piggy sitting down and playing a 20 minute 'solo'!

The highlights of the first disc were "White Summer" (I think that was it) with Mr. Page sitting down and jamming for 20 minutes - I could watch this guy 24/7. The other was "Moby Dick". I recently saw an interview with the surviving members of LZ on the Today show and Matt Lauer asked the guys why they didn't continue making music after John Bonham died and the answer was pretty much that the four of them had such an amazing chemistry that it was "all or nothing" to them and that there could never be a replacement for him. If you are a drummer and don't have even just a tad of respect and admiration for this guy, you had better check yourself into the looney bin!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 06, 2003 11:27     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
Can I meet your friend...pleeeaaase

Spot the difference!:

Jimmy Page:

my mate Jim:

Or is it the other way round....

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 06, 2003 18:12     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!! They even have the same blur! But seriouly, do you have a better picture?

I bet your married, right? Cause I have a friend who loves birds too and she is single

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted August 07, 2003 03:42     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Three or four or umm, uhh, years ago or so I picked up that Led Zepplin BBC Sessions two C.D. combo and I love it! One morning while I was driving to work, I happened to be listening to a Seattle rock station called KISW and they played that song "The girl I love she got long black wavy hair". Believe it or not but until then I never heard that song before! Then again I don't think that it was officially released on any record. Man, right from the beginning when I first heard that opening riff played by Jimmy Page, I said to myself, "Indio, you just gotta get that song!" And I did and it was a good call! Another song which I really like is "Traveling Riverside Blues". Oh heck, I love all the songs! If any of you Led Zep fans do not have the BBC Sessions, I recommend that you go out and get it - AT ONCE!!!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 07, 2003 03:55     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"WOW!! They even have the same blur! But seriouly, do you have a better picture?"

I do, and he looks even more like Mr Page. It's so close it isn't even funny.

But you'll have to claw your way through Jimm's ever-growing throng of Japanese girlie-fans. And they come armed!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 07, 2003 14:15     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Malmsteen:
But you'll have to claw your way through Jimm's ever-growing throng of Japanese girlie-fans. And they come armed!

Well, it seems you live "over the hills and far away" from me, but I have a friend (yes, people like me!) that would love to claw his way through the thongs...err, I mean throngs of the Japanese girlie-fans!

Highlight for me on the second disc was "That's The Way". It brought tears to my eye

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 08, 2003 01:35     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

posted August 06, 2003 10:50 AM                  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

No not your butt, slugbutt, but if he had one, I am sure it would rock - butt I like skinny white boys anyway, as you know!!

If he doesn't have a butt then he must be Native. What tribe is he?

So I guess I better go out and buy this dvd as soon as my foodstamps get here. I almost bought it on saturday but opted for the Cure-Trilogy dvd instead. (splaaat! mmmmmm rancid tomatoes) I have to learn how to duck around here!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted August 09, 2003 00:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate Led Zeppelin.
Church Laddie
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 353

posted August 09, 2003 19:13     Profile for Church Laddie   Email Church Laddie     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I hate Led Zeppelin.

Well, isn't that special.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted August 10, 2003 13:30     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you can make it to MTL november 7th , this will be awesome ! A little 9 hours ride won't stop us to see this :

quote:
Mike Portnoy has been asked to assemble another special one-off tribute project for his appearance at the Montreal Drum Fest in November.

His LED ZEPPELIN tribute band HAMMER OF THE GODS will once again feature Paul Gilbert on Guitar, as well as Dave LaRue on Bass and Daniel Gildenlow on Vocals.

This special one-time-only project will appear on Friday November 7th at the Montreal Drum Festival with a possible " warm-up" gig to the general public earlier in the week....

Stay tuned for more details.....

Here' s some new info I just recieved.

MONTREAL DRUM FEST 2003
Montreal, Canada
Tickets: (450) 928-1726 (office hours)
or e-mail: angelillo@videotron.ca
Web Site: www.montrealdrumfest.com

Friday Nov. 7, 7:30 PM
MIKE PORTNOY & HAMMER OF THE GODS
Tribute to Led Zeppelin

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 11, 2003 19:09     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed this DVD rocks! Page was and still is inspiring to some. He did have an impact on my lead playing as I play just as sloppy & I'm always bending strings looking for the correct pitch, & like Page, I always manage to find the 'one'! "Achilles Last Stand" and "That's the Way" are my two fave Zep tunes and sound great. Even my least fave tune, "Kashmir" rocks! Damn good for a drunken 3 piece! Bonzo rocks!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan