my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Do you find airshow 'disasters' funny?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you find airshow 'disasters' funny?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 01, 2003 15:50     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's nothing funnier, I think, than getting some airshow disaster footage on video and rewinding it in slow motion. The crowd comes alive!

In fact, of the three airshows I went to in 2000, two of the events had accidents on days when I didn't go. A Harrier crashed into the sea about 500 yards from the crowded beach at Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, for example, while I watched pointless air-wank nonsense at RAF Brize Norton which is about 200 miles inland. I wanted my money back, frankly, and haven't bothered to go to one since.

Still, theres always this site! Wow, those ex-soviets really know the meaning of entertainment!

Call me sick, well fuck you. It was listening to Slayer thats done it.

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 01, 2003 16:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe its cause I've been drinking for the last two hours, but I laughed my ass off here. And I hadn't even looked at this site yet. Fucking A, EKH, you're so fucking funny you kill me!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 01, 2003 16:57     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airshow disasters aren't funny. My father died in one. I don't see what's funny about that.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 01, 2003 17:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

JOKIIIIIIING!!!!!! My dad is OK!!!!

Oh and I'm going on holidays. Bye everybody! I'm going camping in Gaspésie (Québec's East coast). I'll show you my tan when I'll get back! And if you are in Gaspésie during this time, say hello! I'll be the one in the pink g-string.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 01, 2003 17:45     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont think Air Show disasters are funny at all.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 01, 2003 20:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about having all the pilots wearing puffy pirate shirts?
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 01, 2003 23:55     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only aspect I find funny is when the people that go to these things just to see a disaster end up engulfed in flames.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted August 02, 2003 00:22     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Which is also funny, being this also a disaster, I suppose.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 02, 2003 00:43     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
Oh and I'm going on holidays. Bye everybody! I'm going camping in Gaspésie (Québec's East coast). I'll show you my tan when I'll get back! And if you are in Gaspésie during this time, say hello! I'll be the one in the pink g-string.

I spent the last two weeks there, cuz that's where i'm from, so i was down there visiting family and stuff, and IT RAINED FOR 10 DAYS STRAIGHT!!! So not only were my camping plans totally shot down, but i have no tan to speak of.

So by all means, please have a horrible vacation

And say hi to my folks if you pass by Rivière-Au-Renard.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 02, 2003 17:07     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh come on KKS, you sourpuss. Doesn't the thought of a Su-27 ploughing into a crowd at 200mph at least make the sides of your mouth twitch?

Wierdo. It's not as if I said it made my pants twitch...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 02, 2003 22:43     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uh......the awnser would be....No.

Seeing bodies get ripped apart & burnt and good Pilots die...is not amusing to me.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 03, 2003 06:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long as you don't see the people it's very interesting (and not so distrubing) to watch. As long as you can separate yourself from the actual people and what they experienced it is fun to watch...but car crashes are better!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan