Author Topic: top albums of 2003...so far
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 25, 2003 08:01       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Top albums of 2003...so far
1.Voivod
2.Prong-Scorpio Rising
3.BLS-Blessed Hellride
4.Anthrax-We've come for you all(Surprised me,i was expecting it to be any good)
5.MSG-Arachnophobiac

IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 25, 2003 08:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that... a LIST?
 |  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 25, 2003 10:52     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All we need now is a poll...

Now, on a serious note. So far, 2003 hasn't really impressed me, metalwise. Maybe the 2nd half of the year will be better. Nuclear Assault will release a new album so that's something to look forward to.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 25, 2003 15:45       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's a list and a damn good list,meathead!
A so far 2003 is looking like a very good year,the best since '98-99 for music.
All i need now is for hip hop & top 40 to completely drop off of the planet.

IP: Logged
Floydian
VoivodFan
Member # 198

posted July 25, 2003 16:23     Profile for Floydian   Email Floydian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1. Steely Dan - Everything must go
2. Second Sufis - Infectious substance
3. Djam Karet - A night for baku
4. Voivod - Voivod
5. King Crimson - The Power to Believe
6. Red Masque - Beggars & thieves EP (more a 40 minute single)

Neil Young's On the beach is finally going to be available on CD on the 19th of August and also the next Maiden album I guess.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 25, 2003 22:53     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is my top 10 of 2003 so far...

1.Children Of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll
2.Cradle Of Filth - Damnation And A Day
3.Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy
4.Enslaved - Below The Lights
5.Marduk - World Funeral
6.Voivod - Voivod
7.Naglfar - Sheol
8.Satyricon - Volcano
9.Darkthrone - Hate Them

10.Metallica - St Anger

Yes I like it very much. Fuck you.

There's still a TON of albums I'm eagerly waiting for like the new Dimmu Borgir, Into Eternity, SYL, Exodus, Iced Earth, Kataklysm, Iron Maiden...I could go on for days! It's been a pretty good year so far.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 26, 2003 01:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Number oneeee in my bokdoe is ........

Enslaved beowlo the lightsss NybucVamp how coulde you pouyt that at $4??????

and youe s i"vem very intoxzicated at the moment....

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 26, 2003 04:32     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hooray! Even drunk he has good taste.

That's 'Enslaved: Below the Lights' for those who can't read 'Drunken Mez-ese'. I'll go with that one, Strapping Young Lad, and... um... Voivod, just for kicks.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 26, 2003 05:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
intoxzicated

That should be the REAL way to spell it.

-Voivod: Voivod
-Superjoint Ritual: A Lethal Dose of American Hatred
-Iron Maiden
-Morbid Angel: Heretic
-Exodus
-Testament (HOPEFULLY THIS YEAR!!!)
-Deicide

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 26, 2003 05:40     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Strapping Young Lad

Isn't that a 2002 release? Otherwise it's number 2 on my list!

N/P: Strapping Young Lad - Relentless

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 26, 2003 11:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
{VoiVod} - (s/t voivod) !like a phoenix!

{The Hidden Hand} - (Divine Propaganda) advance

{Place of Skulls} - (With Vision) w/wino & victor griffin, also dennis cornelius of Revelation & Oversoul... advance

Absolute 3 favs so far, with an eagerly anticipating e.o.l.b release

PlaceOfSkulls

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 26, 2003 13:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Isn't that a 2002 release? Otherwise it's number 2 on my list!

N/P: Strapping Young Lad - Relentless

Yah, tail end of last year. But I care little for chronological correctness.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 26, 2003 13:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Melt~Banana - cellscape
Tomahawk - Mit Gas
Voivod - Voivod
Turbonegro - Scandinavian Leather
The Kills - Keep On Your Mean Side
The Pavers/ No Show - Split

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 26, 2003 22:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Haunted- One Kill Wonder is pretty good too.
neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 28, 2003 16:22     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quite a lot of good albums so far, for me:
voivod, prong, tomahawk, anthrax, enslaved, killing joke, lamb of god, exploited...

and maybe my favorite:
krux !

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 28, 2003 16:45     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, and I just heard the John Arch EP, and I'm blown away!
maybe I should try some Fates Warning after all...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 29, 2003 10:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Exodus and Slayer (with Lombardo, with Lombardo!!!) are both on work, so this year shall not be all wasted.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 29, 2003 12:51     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
King Crimson - Power to Believe
Krux - Krux
Alchemist - Austral Alien
John Arch - Twist of Fate
Enslaved - Below the Lights
The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
Ephel Duath - The Painter's Palette
Solefald - In Harmonia Universali

Nice year, so far!

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted July 29, 2003 19:36     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
btw, thanx to you AngelRat for mentioning Krux in the first place!
this album really grew on me, it's always coming back in the playlist... I love the keyboard sound, I think it brings a lot to the thing. And of course the HUGE guitars.
'Lunochod' is just as scary as 'Phobos'!!

I tried the Mars Volta and Alchemist - totally disappointed, maybe I expected something else...

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted August 02, 2003 22:42     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Vanishing - songs for the psychotic children
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted August 03, 2003 10:19     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Everywhere I've looked (albeit not that far), the self-titled STRAPPING YOUNG LAD is a release from this year. The CD itself has a 2003 date. Was the overseas release late last year? The latest Century Media update catalog has the same album as a 2003 release. If this album is in fact a release from this year instead of last, it is the best thing I've heard. I'm still waiting on BELOW THE LIGHTS & DANCE OF DEATH. VOIVOD & ST. ANGER are both very worthy releases for the year.

On a different note, Strapping Young Lad and
Cathedral are supposed to be on the road in North America in a few weeks with Samael. Can someone advise me of an album by Samael to pickup before 9/24 when this show comes to Atlanta? I've seen the name Samael many times but have only heard their music on compilation CDs.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted August 03, 2003 11:06     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
King Crimson - The Power To Believe
OSI -OSI
Gordian Knot - Emergent
Voivod - Voivod

that's it for the first half of the year ... Cool releases to come before 2004 : Dream Theater , Neal Morse etc ...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 03, 2003 13:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In order..

1. Helloween - Rabbit Don't Come Easy
2. Kreator - Live Kreation
3. Type O Negative - Life is Killing Me
4. Anthrax - We've Come for You All
5. Voivod - s/t
6. Metallica - St.Anger DVD (not the album)

Other stuff that's somewhat enjoyable but not enough for me to go crazy about:

Arch Enemy (new one)
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult Armageddon (same old, same old... blah)
Dark Throne - Hate Them
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality (1 was expecting more out of it)
Plume Latraverse - Chants D'épurations (a little too laid back, but great lyrics)

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted August 04, 2003 16:35     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah Floydian! Steely Dan made a list. Lunch with Gina all the way....Classic

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan