my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » any one know any good wedding songs? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: any one know any good wedding songs?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 21, 2003 19:19       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want 3 songs to play back to back.
I was thinking of starting with "Sea of Love" by The Honey Drippers(robert plant)and ending with Metallica's cover of "Die,Die My Darling"(we both love that song and it would scare the hell out of our parents).I still need something else a little faster than "sea of love" and a little slower than "Die,Die My Darling.
I was wanting "Rubber Fucker",it's a rare b-side Scorpions songs but my girlfriend hates that song.
Any help would be great and the faster the song the better for me but it has to be a love song.Thanks

IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 21, 2003 19:35     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why not the original "Die, Die my Darling", GD sings incredible!
 |  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted July 21, 2003 19:55     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"I Used to Love Her, Then I Had to Kill Her" by Guns and Roses. Kinda plays into Die, Die My Darling? Fits into your tempo scheme, too.

Congrats on the coming wedding - my wedding was a really fun day with a great party afterwards. Cheers!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 21, 2003 21:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wake Up Dead - Megadeth
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 21, 2003 21:31     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about Love Song by The Cure? I wanted that one at my wedding, but we settled on Unchained Melody instead.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 21, 2003 23:43     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Animal Magnetisim" by The Scorpions (Get outta ze vay!!!) or "She Rides" by Danzig would be my first 2 picks. But then, Queen's "Somebody To Love" worked out pretty well for my 'homie's" wedding a few years back.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 22, 2003 00:09       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like "Wake up Dead" but it's about him sneaking out at night and cheating on his girlfriend,so i don't think that would go over too good.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 22, 2003 00:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
I like "Wake up Dead" but it's about him sneaking out at night and cheating on his girlfriend,so i don't think that would go over too good.

Well I'm glad somebody got it!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 22, 2003 00:38     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why not "Welcome to hell"?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 22, 2003 00:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol @ vroom. I don't know, Billy Ido's White Wedding maybe? PF's Comfortably Numb perhaps? The Bee Gee's How Deep is Your Love? You & Me & a Bottle Makes 3? Wait, I've got it! Warrant's Heaven!
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted July 22, 2003 01:17     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First off I can't stand the Honey Drippers, so I would probably try something from Jackie Wilson, maybe "To Be Loved" nice and sappy...
Then maybe "Love Hungry Man" by AC/DC and then definitely the original Misfits version of "Die, Die My Darling" the Metallica version is way too slick sounding.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 22, 2003 03:29     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go out and buy the Soundtrack album to 'Flash Gordon' by Queen. The wedding march theme is a motherfucker!

That said, at my own wedding we had NIN - 'a warm place' (for her coming down the isle), The California Guitar Trio - 'Sleepwalking' (signing it all away) and Brian Eno 'Dead Finks Don't Talk' (for marching out). And I was dressed up like Adam Ant.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 22, 2003 04:45     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
... Brian Eno 'Dead Finks Don't Talk' (for marching out). QB]

You should have considered Eno's 40min epic "Thursday afternoon" for that...
An ambient wedding.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 22, 2003 17:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Frank Zappa - I have Been In You
a classick

King Crimson - Walking On Air

Porcupine Tree - Wedding Nails (an instrumental...buy it rips)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 22, 2003 18:39     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Oh My Love" from John Lennon's "Imagine" turned on the 'water-works' at our wedding.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 23, 2003 12:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes....i completely agree with Schroeder.

Wedding Nails by Porcupine Tree is a great song.

Now...Does anyone know any DIVORCE songs? lol!
Take it from someone who has come full circle folks...

NEVER EVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET MARRIED!!!
If you do...i'm sorry.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 23, 2003 12:58       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'M SORRY TOO - IN ADVANCE!
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted July 23, 2003 13:14     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroed,

I actually suggested to my wife that we walk down the aisle to Crimson's Walking on Air! But it was a no go............but don't worry, she ended up choosing "Two Hands" off the Beat album instead. Cool huh!

Anyway, while you're on the Scorpions theme, why not "He's a Woman, She's a Man!"

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 23, 2003 13:44     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Now...Does anyone know any DIVORCE songs? lol!

NEVER EVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET MARRIED!!!
If you do...i'm sorry.

There is Anal Cunt's "You Look Divorced".

I got married last year. It was a great party and I'm quite happy, thank you! And we have those cool rings now, so my wife and I always go "One ring to rule you all, and in darkness bound you!"

Hehe!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 23, 2003 15:12     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I`m with you on that one KK.

I bet Warrant is available to perform live at your wedding.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 23, 2003 21:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MeanMrMustard:
Hey Schroed,

I actually suggested to my wife that we walk down the aisle to Crimson's Walking on Air! But it was a no go............but don't worry, she ended up choosing "Two Hands" off the Beat album instead. Cool huh!

Anyway, while you're on the Scorpions theme, why not "He's a Woman, She's a Man!"

Ahhhh... You married a woman with great taste (or at least open minded) when it comes to music...congrats!!!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 25, 2003 07:55       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of these suggestions fuckn blow.I wouldn't play a Warrant song if it was the only way to keep from dieing.
I was thinking MSG's "Little Devil" ........I hate her,i need her so much.Can't stand her,can't get enough....

tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted July 25, 2003 10:50     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We came into our recital to "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. Got the party started off on a great note.
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 25, 2003 12:13     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will go with Minight,the Star and you by Al Bowlly With The Ray Noble Orchestra. Its at the end credits of the movie Shinning.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 25, 2003 19:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LE, I am so hurt that you think Warrrant blows. I think Jani Lane sings with a lot of feeling.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan