my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Iron Maiden Track!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: New Iron Maiden Track!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 19, 2003 10:19     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fukkin awesome! Check it out:
http://www.tomparsons.co.uk/wildestdream.mp3

The album comes out Set 9th. This is described by the band as " a straight up rocker" and it is!!! Reminds me of The Wicker Man or maybe even Heaven Can Wait.

Enjoy!

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 19, 2003 12:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heavy guitars, eh? Good, that's how Brave New World should have sounded!!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 19, 2003 14:17     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved Brave New World! It may not have been as heavy as Piece Of Mind or Powerslave but it's still in my top 5 Maiden albums of all time. Here's how I rank 'em (this one's for you EKH!)

1. Piece Of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. Killers
4. Brave New World
5. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
6. Iron Maiden
7. Number Of The Beast
8. Fear Of The Dark
9. The X Factor
10. Virtual IX
11. No Prayer For The Dying

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted July 19, 2003 15:19     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As per usual, I'm in total agreement with Nucvamp. I read on the band's site yesterday that when DANCE OF DEATH is released they will embark on another tour,
even returning to North America. I hope they give Atlanta another chance that go-round.
If that were my list, I'd have NUMBER OF THE BEAST a little higher, but otherwise about identical. There's something to like on all of the albums, even the Blaze era (please don't throw nuthin at me).

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 19, 2003 17:01     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They played a new song when I saw them at a metal-festival over here on the 5th of july. Sounded okay to me.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 19, 2003 17:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My personal Maiden rank (note the absence of the word "list" ):

1. Powerslave;
2. the rest, up to Seventh Son;
3. No Prayer/Fear Of The Dark;
4. Brave New World;
5. Blaze era.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 19, 2003 22:24     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guidon:
They played a new song when I saw them at a metal-festival over here on the 5th of july. Sounded okay to me.

It was this one. They only played the one new song on the Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead Tour.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 20, 2003 06:50     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And Bruce said it was okay to tape it and spread it over the internet, as long as we buy the album afterwards.
Grinning_Cheschire_Cat
VoivodFan
Member # 343

posted July 21, 2003 05:36     Profile for Grinning_Cheschire_Cat   Email Grinning_Cheschire_Cat     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
I loved Brave New World! It may not have been as heavy as Piece Of Mind or Powerslave but it's still in my top 5 Maiden albums of all time. Here's how I rank 'em (this one's for you EKH!)

1. Piece Of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. Killers
4. Brave New World
6. Iron Maiden
7. Number Of The Beast
8. Fear Of The Dark
9. The X Factor
10. Virtual IX
11. No Prayer For The Dying

no "Somewhere in Time"?

and Number of the Beast below Brave New World and even Killers... wow!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 21, 2003 05:42     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grinning_Cheschire_Cat:
no "Somewhere in Time"?

D'oh! I was looking at my CDs when I did this too! Hmm...lets see now. Where to put SIT...

1. Piece Of Mind
2. Powerslave
3. Killers
4. Brave New World
6. Iron Maiden
7. Number Of The Beast
8. Somewhere in Time
9. Fear Of The Dark
10. The X Factor
11. Virtual IX
12. No Prayer For The Dying

quote:
Originally posted by Grinning_Cheschire_Cat:

and Number of the Beast below Brave New World and even Killers... wow!

NOTB is good, but Run To The Hills and Total Eclipse are such stinkers...

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted July 21, 2003 15:18     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
boring! new song
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 21, 2003 18:34     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It sounds like typical maiden, you could either say that they're "loyal" to their sound, or "steril" because they won't try anything new. Regardless, I still love IM anyhow. The first 5 studio albums are simply the best.

Now that Rob Halford is back in Priest, I'd also like to see a reunion tour with Paul Di'anno someday as well. Just the first 2 Maiden albums of course!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted July 22, 2003 07:48     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
It sounds like typical maiden, you could either say that they're "loyal" to their sound, or "steril" because they won't try anything new. Regardless, I still love IM anyhow. The first 5 studio albums are simply the best.

You are one who knows about Iron Maiden.

My personal IM rank :
The number of the beast
Killers
Powerslave
Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden

I still have to evaluate Brave new world...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 22, 2003 12:00     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, look who's wearing what:
http://www.app.com/pagex/

(I know, it was posted before, but hey!)

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted July 22, 2003 12:25     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thought the track was average, nothing really that special. Maiden haven't really done much for me since Seventh Son with only one or two tracks from Fear Of The Dark catching the ear. The Blaze days were a total loss as far as I'm concerned.

My top five maidem albums are basically the first five in no particular order. Somewhere In Time is ok, Seventh Son was a bit better, but still below what I expected, but No Prayer For The Dying is awful. Since then I have lent an ear to each new release, but in my view there was nothing of note to make me part with my cash.

If that track represents Maiden 2003 then I probably will not buy. If I ever got the chance to see them live again though...Now that's a different story. They are without doubt one of the very best live acts out there, even after 23 years and though I have seen them several times before I'd happily see them again, new material or not.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 29, 2003 05:57     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck are they doing with the new cover? It's gotta be the worst one yet. Bring back Derek Riggs you fuckers!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 29, 2003 06:19     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like a bad demo for Poser 5.

Very poor. Probably still buy it though, if its anything like Brave New World which is ace!

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted July 29, 2003 07:05     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Huh, this song has no originality but its Maiden, anyway...

My list of favourite Maiden albums:

1. Iron Maiden
2. Powerslave
3. The Number Of The Beast
4. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
5. Somewhere In Time
6. Killers
7. Piece Of Mind
8. Their live albums up to Donington

The rest sucks or is not good or Motordeth don't like it or...ok its all the same...

Grinning_Cheschire_Cat
VoivodFan
Member # 343

posted July 29, 2003 07:45     Profile for Grinning_Cheschire_Cat   Email Grinning_Cheschire_Cat     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
What the fuck are they doing with the new cover? It's gotta be the worst one yet. Bring back Derek Riggs you fuckers!

yeah, shitty computer drawing, to say the least...

I'll have to side with you on this one h
fucking bring back Derek Riggs!!!

PS.
Mekong Delta's "Dances of Death (And Other Walking Shadows)" had a much better sleeve btw.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 29, 2003 07:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard, actually, that Derek Riggs didn't want to work with Maiden anymore, because "they always want Eddy" and he's bored with it.

Also said that Dickinson was "rude and selfish".

Oh well.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 29, 2003 09:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rumour has it that pic is a joke posted by Maiden's management. I certainly hope so, coz it's terrible.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 29, 2003 10:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, its right up there with Cradle of Shite's 'Midian' in terms of "WFT, well shit we've blown the advance and the covers are all printed lets hope no one notices how shit it turned out"
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted July 31, 2003 12:29     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Rumour has it that pic is a joke posted by Maiden's management. I certainly hope so, coz it's terrible.

Jeez, let us pray to the diety of our choice that this is a joke.
"Oh almighty Twinkie. I call upon your cosmic wisdom & do-goodiness to take this cover and toss it into the depths of Heck where Korn is the house band and destroy all traces of said cover. And while you're in the exterminating mood, take out that mind-rotting, vomit inducing, brain-freezing reality tv disease!"
Ah-men!

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted July 31, 2003 13:04     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sub-par.

If Dickinson truly feels that low like he says in the lyrics, than he must be catering to the misery index with all his millions.$$$

Really, he must be doleing out cheap sentiment for 10 million people in the USA who don't have a job.

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 31, 2003 15:59     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll agreed the cover art for the new Maiden is pretty weak. But the worst thing in all of this is that Derek Riggs is doing some computer graphics now and its far from what he do as a painter in term of quality. Im really into computer graphics but in general 3d graphics got a uncharismatic look. But I like this guy 3d artworks As for the Median cover I think its cool JK Potter is doing a good job. The worst metal album cover is Morbid Angel : Domination ... hell its bad ...

Wildest Dream is ok but Im not impressed I maybe will by a beer or two tomorrow night at the gig with Dio and Motorhead.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan