my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Venting Thread.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Venting Thread.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 17, 2003 05:10     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Feel free to come here and bitch about all the scumfucks in your life who really piss you off.

Exhibit A:

I am not crazy. Ozzfest is possibly the most cynical, 'image over substance' tour imaginable. It's not metal, it's a joke. No, actually it's a vehicle to get O.O. a big, fat cash injection, by going along with a bunch of crappy nu-Metal bands (for the most part). And none of the 'respectable' 'true' metal fans that apparently know and respect Voivod so much are ignored by this tour for kids who basically don't give two shits about music.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not some old geezer who's stuck in the past, and isn't 'into new music' or whatever. I'm sixteen.

The Reply, Courtesy of Korgull666:

OK boy, if you think over 30 is an old geezer, what would you say about Voivod, who is over or pushing 40? or any other metal band from the 80's who are still performing? don't come on here with your snot-nosed little attitude and presume to you know anything about real metal. You weren't even a sperm cell when real Voivod fans like me were seeing them in their prime. I'll give you credit for even discovering Voivod at 16, in this era of music, but lose the attitiude. You'll never see a fraction of the killer metal bands or Voivod shows this 35 year old "geezer" has seen and I've seen them all. Anyone in this forum who's been into metal since the 80's could teach you more than you'll ever know about metal. I actually feel bad for you that you'll never see metal like it was then. As for Ozzy, he was actually INVENTING metal 20 years before you were born ! He deserves the respect of every metal band who's ever existed for being a forefounder of metal. If you dissed him to the guys in Voivod, they'd probably smack you! You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

This made me a little angry, so of course, I started throwing shit his way:

I think you've completely misunderstood. I wasn't saying that you or anyone else was a 'geezer'. Just saying that I'M not willing to put up with the ever so craptacular tour, or the awful bands that make up most of the bill even though I'm one of the 'kids' who's meant to like it.

Thanks for saying I don't have a clue and flying completely off the handle. And thankyou for presuming so much about me as well. I suppose you think I discovered Voivod with the self-titled album, eh? Hatross was the first one I bought, back when I was getting nto thrasha couple of years ago. I have an attitude? What do you call that post, then? "Listen, kid", you're already using my age against me to further your own point, which was spawned by me supposedly insulting older people, which I didn't. Perhaps 'Geezer' wasn't that appropriate a word, and I'm sorry for that. But there's no reason for doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING YOU ACCUSED ME OF. And, of course, the fact I'll never see all the bands I love listening to in their prime, I KNOW. I can't help it, and there's nothing I can do about it, so why use it as an insult? Am I not allowed to have an opinion because I'm too young to have seen all that?

And that's all I'm saying. Sorry if you misunderstood.

So, am I an arrogant cunt or do I get your support? Do I really care? No, because it's now my life goal to get banned from the Irongang site.

Your turn.

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 17, 2003 05:44     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Oh, and for the record, I'm not some old geezer who's stuck in the past, and isn't 'into new music' or whatever. I'm sixteen.

I suppose he misunderstood this pre-emptive retort and ran away with it excitedly, like a dog with an old gout bandage, to chew on for a while.

As for your observations about Sabbath, how can these bewildered old men, shuffling about at the front of an arena possibly compare with the intensity of Sabbath, in a small venue, on their 'Masters of Reality' tour.

They can't.

I find it hard to believe that money isn't the motivating factor for a tour such as this one.

Currently, I'm facing the same
dilema about Priest; I haven't seen them since the "Painkiller" tour, haven't particularly like any post-Priest releases and fear the worst...

Voivod have proved the sincerity that it can be done with though.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 17, 2003 07:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HatrossRig.

Now some advise from Dr. Kula.
It is hard to "Get close" to a girl who runs off with a Band (other than your own).
If i may quote some Lyrics from the horrible Southern Band, 38 SPECIAL:

"Hold on losely
but dont let go
if you cling too tightly
ya gonna lose control"

I thought this was suppost to be a Venting Thread.
Hatross...(not you, HR)...where are you?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2003 07:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was getting ready to support you over there Lync. Dumb old bastard 666.

Man, that's weird about that chick HR. You're just calling the shots as you see them. She must not have much of a sense of humor.

Also, had to delete my little drunken post folks. Sorry. It was just too stupid and "all about me me me me me"-ish. Your replies were great though. I didn't think it would erase the whole thread.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 17, 2003 07:44     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, I don't give a fuck about Irongang forums anyway.

Speaking of girlfriend trouble... mine made me miss the Atomic Bitchwax last Sunday! I am not amused!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 17, 2003 07:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Like a dog running away with an old gout bandage" LMAOOOOO!

Nice one Lyc, a reasoned reply to a dick.

Mez - why delete it? If we all covered up our drunked posts we'd have nothing from KKS at all!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 17, 2003 10:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So korgull666 really got your knickers in a knot eh, Lyc? Honestly, if you want to get banned you will have to put those polite British retorts aside and start raving like a lunatic about Slayer or go on endlessly about how your personality disorder prevents you from understanding how to get your head out of your ass. Basically, loose a hundred IQ points m'boy.

HatrossRig, there is no nice way to call a girl a groupie and get away with it. Now if you had said 'you slut' in a joking tone she might have laughed. I said might have, haha!

Aw Mez, why'd you go and delete your thread? Drunken blathering is highly entertaining. Unless it has something to do with a deep-seated attraction to Blacky. Then it's just scary.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 17, 2003 10:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky is my long lost papa.

BLACKYYYY!!!!....PAPA!!!!....I MISS YOUUU!!!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 17, 2003 12:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Posted by Korgull666:
What's been said has been said. no need to rehash it. spread the Voivod to your generation...............To the Death!

Wow, what a condesending response to your further clarification of your perfectly clear and concise post (misunderstood only by him).

Not to slam the general population over there... but the chopper-vibe and fear of posting anything negative in the interest of drumming up some interesting convos makes that forum about as exciting as a glass of water. "What's the story behind your username?", gimme a fuckin' break already! Even Gorf musters up slightly more interesting topics than that.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 17, 2003 13:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahaha..I've been trying my best to get some shit started over there. Even called them all JasonWhores. The bastards just don't get it. I believe I got under Sawdumbsky's skin, but that's been my only success.

Yeah, pretty lame over there yet I still post. WTFFF is wrong with me??? LOL

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 17, 2003 14:57     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
I thought this was suppost to be a Venting Thread.
Hatross...(not you, HR)...where are you?

Hey it happens to us all i guess? 'and the truth is revealed, it still makes me like st.Angry all the time

been reserving this one but i cant hold out

dont even try it because this penis kept one for 11yrs heh...

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted July 17, 2003 16:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not one of those pictures is me Hatross.

But thank you for thinking about what my Penis possibly looks like...enough to
find and enter my name into that site.

Maybe someday i will show it to you, if your a good boy that is.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 17, 2003 16:29     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fights involving oil Warcorpse? Does that mean you'll be oiling up for a wrestling match in the near future?

Persian Oil Wrestlers
(don't get all excited BCoD or you other peen ogglers)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 17, 2003 16:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Next up he'll have to got up against the Jello-wrestling circuit...

LOL at the "peen ogglers" Nia! Some funny phrases on the forum today!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 17, 2003 16:52     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No man, your wrong there Hatross. Evereyone knows that everything in Texas is at least 4 times the size of stuff in other places.
And Satan is horny as hell

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan