my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hey Tangento!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Tangento!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 16, 2003 15:39     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't get any messages through to your mailbox. The new address is very fucked up, as it sends me error replies over 5 meg in size!?!? Hehahaha!

PS. take a look at this before deleting the three pieces of the mp3 (unless you already did ) This is how my friend advised me when I was learning to use ARJ a couple of years ago:

1. start your computer
2. make a new folder named "CMX" in the C:\ root directory
3. copy ARJ.exe, sametin.arj, sametin.a01 and sametin.a02 into C:\CMX
4. open "MS-DOS Prompt" from the Start\Programs menu
5. type CD..
6. now you should be in C:\. if you aren't, type CD.. again until the screen reads "C:\". then type CD CMX
7. type ARJ X -y -va sametin.arj
8. type EXIT
9. Now you should have "Sametin.MP3" in C:\CMX

If none of this works, I'm dumbfounded. Good luck!
-Väinämöinen

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 16, 2003 19:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it me, or is this 'The Rube Goldberg Method of MP3 Extraction'?

I really appreciate all the time & energy you have spent on getting me this song, Väi
...but is there really an advantage to this?

Regardless, I am off to tackle this adventure!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 17, 2003 00:35     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
I really appreciate all the time & energy you have spent on getting me this song, Väi
...but is there really an advantage to this?

There's only a thin line between persistence and masochism .

Hehe, I'm just curious to see if we ever get this problem solved...the song isn't perhaps worth all the trouble, but who knows, maybe you'll dig it!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan