my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Halford is back in Priest (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Halford is back in Priest
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted July 11, 2003 13:19     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surprise, surprise, eh?
http://www.judaspriest.com

I must say, I love Priest with Halford. I'd actually go see them now.

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 11, 2003 16:03     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes this is good news.

I love British steel and Defenders of the faith.

I used to have a bootleg from J.P. in Amsterdam 1985 but it died on me....

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 11, 2003 17:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 11, 2003 18:12     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON THE RIPPERRRRRRRR!!!!!
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted July 11, 2003 19:17     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!

I will see them if they come to Montreal sure!!! A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

ROB HALFORD IS BACK WITH JUDAS PRIEST!!!
HE IS THE PAINKILLER!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 11, 2003 23:00     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK YEAH! PRIEST RULES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

This is great news. Even better than Bruce and Adrian rejoining Maiden and (sorry kids) even better than Snake rejoining Voivod!!!!!

FUCKINGSHIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!Whoo Hoo!!!!!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 12, 2003 01:02       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not better than Snake!
IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 12, 2003 10:11     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great News, no doubt, but not even close to having Snake back in Voivod...that's a dream come true!!!

At least when Halford was replaced, Ripper Owens sounded like him (maybe too much), the lyrics were kinda corny for the last few albums however, but when Snake was replaced it changed the entire sound and vibe of the band...they didn't sound like the Voivod I had loved from past releases and the evolution of the band went backwards a bit.The lyrics weren't in the same vein as those penned by Snake and it totally changed the band...kinda like when Sabbath got Tony Martin to front the band. Sabbath should be Ozzy or Dio at the mic...I did love the Born Again album with Gillan (god) but it really wasn't Sabbath as I knew them.

Maiden fucked themselves when they had Blaze replace Bruce...I wouldn't even call that singing!!! So Dickinson back in Maiden was a blessing also.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted July 12, 2003 11:53     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lets have a new tour- Clash of the Dinosaurs! Can you spell P-A-S-S-E ?
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted July 12, 2003 15:47     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now all we need is Max Cavalera rejoining Sepultura and Sep releasing something really fast and heavy...
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 12, 2003 19:06     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Lets have a new tour- Clash of the Dinosaurs! Can you spell P-A-S-S-E ?

Let's have a tour that really matters:

Gorf Goes to Hell!
Can you spell G-O A-W-A-Y?

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted July 13, 2003 00:01     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now all we need is Blacky to want to Return to Voivod.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 13, 2003 01:14     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
FUCK YEAH! PRIEST RULES MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

This is great news. Even better than Bruce and Adrian rejoining Maiden and (sorry kids) even better than Snake rejoining Voivod!!!!!

FUCKINGSHIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!Whoo Hoo!!!!!

I agree with that. Priest was my first experience in metal (via the Freewheel Burnin' video), and is still my favourite band. So, having Halford back, especially after the disastrous Demolition album, is a true blessing, even better than the returning of Snake. This guy was always missed as well, but at least Voivod did one timeless album with Eric (Phobos). Ripper had to face the worst period of the Priest. It's not his fault, but sacrifices have to be done.

So, it's welcome back, Rob, and good luck, Ripper. You surely deserve it.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted July 13, 2003 06:06     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Judas who?

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted July 13, 2003 16:57     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH SWEET POTATO PIE!!! Let us or at least me hope that they come up with a real doozy of a new album umm, err, C.D.. As an anology I hope that they come up with kind of a Deep Purple "Perfect Strangers" or a Grateful Dead "In The Dark" or basically, kind of a "swansong" if I should dare to use such a term. This album should be almost kind of an ode; a celebration of all the amazing things which happened in the past as well kind of pointing in the right direction for people who are trying to figure out which way to go... Oh Jesus, I think that I need to start drinking again!!! Wait a minute here, I've been drinking all along! I just kind of forgot about it (Heh, heh!)!
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted July 13, 2003 20:03     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be willing to bet the new material will not remind one of TURBO.
I could also give a flying rats puss if they call next year's tour the CLASH OF THE DINOSAURS either, I'll be there. Maybe UFO or Deep Purple or Uriah Heep could hookup with em. It don't really make a shit cuz the performance will be flawless for sure.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted July 13, 2003 22:48       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes!!!! UFO touring the US!!!! I would love it! With anybody...DP,JP,Slade,whoever.
IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted July 14, 2003 03:48     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxNe0rC:
Now all we need is Blacky to want to Return to Voivod.

hmmm... not exactly...

now all we need is Voivod to want Blacky to return to Voivod...

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted July 14, 2003 12:55     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy fucking sheep shit!!!

Praise Buddha Almighty!!!!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 17, 2003 05:30     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://members.firstinter.net/markster/

On the subject of the mighty Priestess, this site above has amassed a great deal of old and unseen (to me) information and collated in an album by album fashion - much in the same manner that Warcorpse has done for this site.

I'm currently reading about 'Sin after Sin' while - coincidentally - I'm supposed to be drawing some mauseleum doors.

Go and check it out - as most Priest related sites seem to be populated/designed by madmen.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 17, 2003 07:07     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers! I've seen the site before, of course, but not since the update. I shall get a cup of tea now and sit here for the rest of the afternoon in Priestland.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 17, 2003 22:46     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That site ruls. Maddrakket knows his stuff and has a fairly good rapport with the band members themselves. He hangs around the Halford Quorum sometimes.

The new album will be the one that should have come out after Painkiller. Rob's solo stuff is heavy as fuck and Glenn tries to write heavy, but he needs Rob's input. It's gonna be killer that's for sure.

Fuck, even if it is Turbo Mark 2 I'll still buy the thing and see the show. Provided they get their asses back here!!! Last time was in '91 on the Painkiller tour. Rob quit the band very soon after.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 18, 2003 04:15     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rob's singing has been something of a miracle
these last few years.
Have you heard "Hell's Last Survivor", or "Ressurection"? The man is incomparable
in metal - the strength left in that voice, at his age is gobsmacking. Also, the subtlety in it, he has more in common with a show singer than a rock singer. Some of the time.

As for new material. That whole 'Ripper' period just left me cold. Priest without Halford was just embarrasing, the band was always an interplay between the three of them. Oh yeah.. and Ian.

At least I can forget that even happened now.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 18, 2003 05:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I thought Crucible was an excellent metal record - and I agree John (aint calling you bumeggs thats just wrong man) Halford has a lot more to him than screaming, more like a show singer. Take the track 'Crystal' for example - lovely stuff!

I liked Demolition, it didn't leave me cold or anything, but it doesn't quite deserve to sit on top of my JP Remasters box set. I prefer Rocka Rolla to be honest.

I hope they make an album together, but even if its just a fairwell tour (as Glenn mentioned some months ago) hen I'll be first in line. Unlike you lucky bastards I've never seen them.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted July 18, 2003 07:39     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I just flit between extremes with Priest.

Having loved the band since being teeny-tiny,
it's difficult to stop my knee from jerking wildy at the first hint of significant news.

It's similar with 'vod I guess; two misplaced albums to bide time, while a uniquely charismatic singer runs off into the woods leaving a trail of clothes.
I remember how fussed I was when Blacky left - mind you, in all honesty, once I heard TOL I didn't care and it's still my favourite Voivod album.

As it's such an organic process, I must learn to be patient. If what they do half as worthwhile as what VV managed then it'll be the perfect bookend, this side of their careers.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan