my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Who's Your Favorite Tamborine Soloist?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's Your Favorite Tamborine Soloist?
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 01, 2003 21:57     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mine would have to be: "Mama Cass Elliot" from The Mamas and Papas.
 |  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 01, 2003 23:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahahaha....I know EKH is gonna love this when he sees it in the morning!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 01, 2003 23:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No WAY, man:

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 02, 2003 00:22     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ME!

I play a mean tamborine, man.

OK I lied it's AXL Rose.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 02, 2003 00:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
No WAY, man:

LOL! Who the hell is that, Linda Blair?

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 02, 2003 01:22     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NUMERO UNO: KLAUS MEINE!!! "So you better get out of zee vaayyy!!..."
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted July 02, 2003 03:24     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CUNT!

None of you are any good and I hope your internet gets cut off.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted July 02, 2003 07:04     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't fucking BELIEVE none of you recognizes the brilliance of Davey Jones. He's the Jaco Pastorius of the tamborine. He also was known to switch off to the maracas with the drop of a hat. Or, when 'Last Train to Clarksville' started, whichever.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 02, 2003 07:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, what about the real stuff? METAL TAMBOURINE! My favorite is Carcass' "Keep on rotting in the free world". Gotta love death rock'n'roll!
Randolph Mantooth
VoivodFan
Member # 168

posted July 02, 2003 09:03     Profile for Randolph Mantooth   Email Randolph Mantooth     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ian Gillan's congas & harmonica > Davey Jones's tambourine hip shakes
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 02, 2003 11:54     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Steve McDonald of Redd Kross!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 02, 2003 16:55     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry guys, but on that subject, ANY tambourine player from ANY Rio de Janeiro "Escola de Samba" can kick your "great players" here with only one hand. So, I vote for EVERY tambourine player from Rio de Janeiro.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 02, 2003 19:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuclear infusion:
LOL! Who the hell is that, Linda Blair?

Are you telling me that none of you are DOWN with the fucking Partridge Family?
For SHAME

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted July 02, 2003 20:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
CUNT!

None of you are any good and I hope your internet gets cut off.

Sorry Emlyn, really I am. I couldn't resist though...as aggravating as this has become!

But anyway, now that we're on the subject of tamborines, I also agree that they can definitely "add to" a certain song's emotion.

The studio version of "About a Girl" is a good example of this.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 02, 2003 20:58     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come to think of it, I have actually seen TWO REAL performers turn the ol' Tambo into an art form:

Phil Collins (with Genesis) and
Eddie Money (who actually put on a great show)

Both of those dudes did some spectacular twirly/ throwy thingies,
and it really was pretty impressive.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan