my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The stubby beer bottle - a Canadian tradition!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The stubby beer bottle - a Canadian tradition!!!
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted July 01, 2003 04:25     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone, please checkout this cool link. I have drank at one time or another alot of these featured items - even (GASP!!!) Beer Beer which, for all intents and purposes was generic slop! Ooh, yuck! Then again, if you were ever as desperate as me you would literally drink anything except perhaps shoe polish or cooking wine! Yes there was a time when I would shamlessly drink just about anything! Including locally grown phyloscybin mushroom tea! Heck, I would literally grab a big handful of very freshly picked and extremely slimy mushrooms and just stuff them in my mouth and then wash it all down with a big slug of Lucky Lager (Another featured item on this site.) beer! No fooling either!

Long live the stubby!!!

|  IP: Logged
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 01, 2003 10:26     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they (preferably Labbatt) would issue some of those stubbies for the summer sometime. I was too young when they were around, so i never drank from a stubby (booo!). As a matter of fact, just a few days ago i found out that a friend of mine has 5 or 6 of those old bottles at his home (unopened, too) and we were talkin' about how we should get some of those again.

Oh, and Happy Canada Day! Drink up!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 01, 2003 11:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Did you know there is a website devoted to the stubby??? I remember my Dad drinking them.

Happy Canaduh Day !!!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 01, 2003 13:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, those stubbys are cool! I'm not Canadian, but I grew up close enough to appreciate your beers!

Happy Canada Day eh, hosers!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 01, 2003 14:45     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jamaican Red Stripe Lager, Best and only stubby beer I can find. (excluding those evil Mickey's Big Mouth stubbies)
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 01, 2003 20:20     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha ha Warcorpse, that flag reminds me of the participaction pin. Remember those Canada Fitness Awards fom ParticipAction, kids? The pain of the flexed arm hang? The shame if you received a pin or a bronze award (somehow my youngest brother used to swing an Award of Excellence every year which I could not figure out for the life of me since he was the laziest person I knew in the athletic department)? You gotta love the Canadian government's idea to embarrass kids into being fit. Ah, good times.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted July 02, 2003 07:19     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't see La Bolduc in this stubby bottle site. It's part of the stubby revival and there's no mention of it! Shame!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan