my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Another concert review - Calgary 4/6/03 w/ Ozzy

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another concert review - Calgary 4/6/03 w/ Ozzy
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 30, 2003 12:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"It's a sad commentary on the underground metal scene when a band of this caliber, are best remembered for a cover tune they recorded almost 15 years ago"

"All in all a satisfying but way too short set from a band who wanted to focus on the music, rather than the press they've been getting since Jasonic joined the band. (Voivod individual rating: 4/5.)"

Read the whole article here. The first writer seems a bit schizophrenic .

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2003 13:08     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was a great review that makes some interesting points, thanks for posting V.
quote:
A quick switch over and Finger Eleven hit the stage. I'd like to interject a comment. Through the evening a few people mentioned that Voi-vod was opening to give Newstead a break because of his double duty playing for Ozzy. Well, I'm calling bullshit. There is no way that lame modern rock act should have been on after Voi-Vod. It was said they paid handsomely to be on the tour. Newstead did not need the rest. Voi-vod played a subdued set for half an hour. Newstead used to play for two and half to three hours with Metallica. All of a sudden he can't do half an hour, rest for 20 minutes and do an hour and forty-five minutes? Voi-vod got the shaft by the big money.

Also, Ozzy uses a teleprompter??? Heh heh hehhhh...

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 30, 2003 15:17     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Review. I suddenly have no interest in learning anything more about Finger Eleven. ***As far as Ozzy's teleprompter goes, I knew he was using it for the Black Sabbath Reunion, which made a little sense, but NOW? Maybe he should just "listen" to his old records and sing along to them like we do!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 30, 2003 17:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PIGGY!....

You barked at me about doing great things now and Jason this...Jason that!
I say to you...BULLSHIT!

You shorten the setlist...dropping the BEST song on the new CD...then arent even on Main Stage!
Jason ABANDONS (Half way anyhoo) Voivod...so that he can play with Ozzy.

YOU, Piggy need to WAKE UP!

Voivod are missing so many opportunities right now...its really sad.

Piggy...you are still my Fav Guitarist, but, please get some common sense man!
You can refer to all the "Where's all the Voivod Merchandise?" Threads on your own OFFICIAL Website!

Oh...hell with it.
Piggy probably cant even find a Computer to read this.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 30, 2003 19:39     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who would go see that dinosaur Ozzy anyways a bunch of metal come-lately's?

Music reviews tend to suck in mainstream and internet zines.

One joker wrote a horrendous review of Voivod on Barnes and Noble. It was a guy from the All Music Guide. Very positive but nauseating nonetheless.

I just as soon, not read these metal zines. Most of them suck.

Anyways, voivod should never have legitimized that shit package deal by joining on. Either go it alone, ally yourself with good bands or forget it.

Those dweebs who want to watch Korn will not even recognize there is a second stage with just another 30 minute set.

I think Jason should stick to his guns, and quit Ozzy. Why waste time with that fucking hack Zakk Wylde, the biggest conceited asshole in metal? Fuck him and his confederate flag, whisky drinking, hick rock!

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted July 01, 2003 20:19     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's another little review of the same show from the Calgary Sun newspaper...

"Veterans VOIVOD kicked things off with 30-minutes of wonderfully ugly and movable metal.

The quartet comes from the old school, with all of the subtleties of a solid punch to the head.

About the only thing detracting from the relentess thundering appeal of the band was the frontman Denis (Snake) Belanger,who stepped on the side of silly with his antics once too often, thinking his agility was something other than that of a heavy metal Herman Munster."

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan