my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » R.I.P. - little Whore-Hey!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: R.I.P. - little Whore-Hey!!!
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 30, 2003 05:19     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't really know about how to convey to you my real feelings right now. All I can say is that I feel real choked up inside for I have just heard that the cute little furry one is no longer walking amongst us. All I can say to that is, farewell little friend and I wish you the best in your new role as God's guard dog. I still feel bad about the pain you experienced during this lifetime when you accidentally fell out of my vehicle and broke your little footy. I swear to god that I never wished such a fate upon you! I also feel bad about that time when you had a run in with that mangy alley cat named Hammy - even Blacky got all cut up when he heroically rescued you. I'm sure we'll meet again sometime and in some other realm. I also wish to give my condolences to Blacky and N.I.A.. Believe you me that I understand what you are now going through. As far as I am concerned pets are people too and when your favorite good canine or feline or reptilian friend happens to cash it in, it is literally like a death in the family! Unfortunately I myself have also lost a good friend a few weeks ago. Our little Shetland Sheepdog named Sheena passed away in her sleep and I'm still trying to come to terms with her demise. My little puppy wuppy is no more! Just like the little Schnoodle who has just moved on and into a more better and amazing realm. I'm sure we'll meet again sometime little friend... Godspeed...
 |  IP: Logged
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 30, 2003 16:25     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woops, looks like Indio accidentally drank a case of Heinies last night! Think before you speak Indio! Oh gosh, I'm really sorry everyone! Perhaps I should have waited until I sobered up before attempting to post something which resembles meaningful! Alas, sure I sounded completely retarded but I really did mean what I say! I just needed to come up with better words to convey my feelings! Sorry everyone, sorry! Dammit, I need another Heinie! Times like this is when I am very happy to live within 1 block of a beer and wine store (The Royal Towers!)! Over and out!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 30, 2003 16:51     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What you said was fine Indio, I know it was from the heart. You're right, losing a pet is like losing a member of your family. What can I say, it's tough. I don't think I've ever felt as truly horrible as when putting an animal down, even though it was necessary. It's just the absolute worst.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 30, 2003 17:29     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am so sorry to hear that Nia, Blacky.
My heart goes out to you.

ElIndio...you said it best. Drunk or not.
Its losing a member of the family.

Rest in Peace, little fella.

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted June 30, 2003 18:38     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your pup. At least he's not suffering anymore.

Long live Jorge

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 30, 2003 20:18     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have my deepest sympathies, Nia and JY.

(WARNING: very long and tragic tale upcoming)

I am a true animal lover, and recently lost one of my favorite dogs ever, named Sneakers.
She was a little black cocker, and she was in the '74 Lincoln when my cool-as-hell old school Pennsylvanian stepfather went over a 200 ft. cliff on a mountain road in Southern California in 1994.

My stepfather was killed in the accident, but Sneakers somehow miraculously survived, with only a broken leg.

When I drove to where my Mother lived to see her and Sneakers for the first time after the accident, I will never forget the sight of that cute little black dog happily running toward me, ears flopping and hobbling along clumsily on her full front leg cast.

At the same moment I saw My mother's face, and it was one of the most painful and bittersweet moments of my life.

(sorry about this, really)

The saddest part is that I have been living in Minnesota for the last 4 years, and have not been able to get back to Cali to see my mother or my sisters or my dog, and late last year Sneakers was diagnosed with inoperable cancer and died several months later.

Dogs and cats have always been integral in my life, and it is really difficult to lose them, yet they add so much to our lives that it has to be worth it.

I have not told this story to anyone in quite a while, and I apologize for using this board 'therapeutically'.

But I did warn you!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted June 30, 2003 22:11     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks L-indie and Tangento, my condolence to both of you. Tangento, what a sad story, so tragic.
Losing a friend is hard, you miss him, you remember the good time, but it is inevitable, we all going to die at one point.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 30, 2003 22:25     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My sympathies to the lot of ya. Being the fatalist that I am, I have often thought of how much of a wreck I'll be when my little dog Benny goes to chase the big bone in the sky. He's a great companion and even though he's dumb as a sack of hammers, he's still a part of our family. I cried when my first pet (a wonderful hamster by the name of Mr. Woody Woo-Woo) died due to my wife having cranked the heat up in our apartment. Just remember the good times and know that they knew they were loved.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted July 02, 2003 21:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
sorry about all thats been said on this thread, my condolences to all of you. i was going to mention to nia that my g-ma had our dog put to sleep the day before i got back from vacation, she couldnt even stand up anymore...
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted July 14, 2003 13:12     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My condolences to all who've recently lost loved ones. Critters add a wonderful element to our short lives on this spinning orb.

Just back from a week backpacking somewhat near your neck of the woods Noitall: Olympic National Park - pure paradise.

Immediately out of the woods only to find out a good friend of mine Jim "Big Daddy" Lynch died of a massive heart attack at the age of 34. Missed the wake and funeral. Arrggh...

Whatever your pleasure, please toast one to the memory of this kind soul.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 14, 2003 21:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fireface:
My condolences to all who've recently lost loved ones. Critters add a wonderful element to our short lives on this spinning orb.

Just back from a week backpacking somewhat near your neck of the woods Noitall: Olympic National Park - pure paradise.

Immediately out of the woods only to find out a good friend of mine Jim "Big Daddy" Lynch died of a massive heart attack at the age of 34. Missed the wake and funeral. Arrggh...

Whatever your pleasure, please toast one to the memory of this kind soul.

Whoa that is sad to hear, Fire.
My condolences.
Sorry about your bro. I have lost a few of those myself.
Makes losing a pet seem a bit less traumatizing.

And DAMN! A heart attack at 34. Tragic.

::raises a glass of Michelob::

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted July 15, 2003 07:42     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks much Tangento. Your words are much appreciated. Life throws you loops sometimes and although I eventually saw this coming, I did not expect it this soon.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan