my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stupid link of the day - Shut up, little man!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid link of the day - Shut up, little man!!!
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 29, 2003 17:35     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure about how many of youse peoples know about a series of tapes which appeared a few years ago which featured the daily real life exchanges between two drunken winos named Peter and Raymond. I don't really know how to appropriatly describe these tapes except to say that they sure do the job if you are into freaking the shit out your neighbors if say, you happen to live in an appartment building or something. A freind of mine used to be a student disc jockey at U.B.C.'s radio station C.I.T.R. and he used to always play these tapes much to the surprise and consternation of his listening audience.

Shut up, little man!!!

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 29, 2003 19:59     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got a copy of those kicking around somewhere, they're highly entertaining. Anyway, this would be what you're talking about Indio (I lifted it from here )

In the spirit of Pete and Ray

Yes, it's Shut Up, Little Man time again, the tape series featuring the world's two funniest alcoholic roommates, Peter Haskett and Raymond Huffman.

As I've shoved the tapes onto friends over the years, too often the first reaction (at least by the boozers) is something like, "You know, I should tape some of the guys I see at the bars. They'd be funny, too." Well, no, they wouldn't-- they'd just be recordings of drunks. It takes both true chemistry and comedic genius besides 4 liters of wine to reach the heights of idiocy of these two guys.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't other funny drunks, and recently I've been laughing at Jeff's archived phone calls on his website, Crazy Drunk Guy. In 1999, Jeff started getting odd messages at the company he worked for from an unnamed caller who was drunk or insane or both. As time went on, the calls got longer and friendlier, and even though he never did give his name, the guy seemed to enjoy sharing every crazed thought in his head with his new buddy Jeff.

Sometimes the call is just a brief checking-in (note the Jack Webb fixation which pops up in other calls), but often they're long, rambling free-associations about everything from corporate mergers to the truth about David Lee Roth, or even stranger things, like life in the "Hogwash Ghetto." And sometimes they're just complete gibberish. Recommended.

Now, back to Pete and Ray, I should mention that the wonderful illustration is from the Shut Up, Little Man comic book, and is by the artist/chronicler of their adventures, M. Flinn. He used to have a website that had a few more great P&R illos-- for some reason, I can't find it now, but I'm still looking.

As for what Ray's saying in the picture, it's from this clip, another of his friendly lectures on homosexuality. (Horrible profanity alert, as always with these clips.) And since we're talking about drunks on the phone, here's a great prank call by the neighbors who made the tapes, Eddie Lee Sausage and Mitchell D asking Ray about P&R's sometime roommate and love interest, Tony.

and an interview with one of the tapers, Eddie Lee Sausage - http://members.aol.com/leesausage/Interviews/interview3.html

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan