my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Top 20 Thrash Albums Terrorizer Mag

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Top 20 Thrash Albums Terrorizer Mag
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 27, 2003 15:58     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Opinions are opinions, but I thought i have to share this with ya guys... Vio-Lence is nowhere, which is sad... Maybe you all can throw who you miss here!!!!

1: Slayer - Reign in Blood
2: Metallica - Ride the Lightning
3: Metallica - Master of Puppets
4: Exodus - Bonded by Blood
5: Possessed - Seven Churches
6: Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
7: Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
8: Anthrax - Among the Living
9: Slayer - Hell Awaits
10: Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
11: Venom - Black Metal
12: Voivod - Killing Technology
13: Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
14: Testament - The Legacy
15: Nuclear Assault- Game Over
16: Bathory - Under the Sign of the Black Mark
17: Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
18: Metallica - Kill 'Em All
19: Death Angel - The Ultraviolence
20: Megadeth - So Far, So Good ... So What ! / Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 27, 2003 16:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth's So far so good... so what? What the...? They should have put Peace Sells instead of that vacuum-cleaner-sounding of an album!

Anyway, it's a good list. And who's that band Vodvoid, or somethin'?

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 27, 2003 16:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't believe S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die didn't make it
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 27, 2003 16:17     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
Megadeth's So far so good... so what? What the...? They should have put Peace Sells instead of that vacuum-cleaner-sounding of an album!

Anyway, it's a good list. And who's that band Vodvoid, or somethin'?

Good call. Perhaps it comes down to how much heroin they were doing in the Peace Sells era compared to how much coke they were doing during So Far So Good.. which I think is one of the worst thrash album follow up- let-downs along with Exodus' "Impact is Imminent"

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 27, 2003 16:19     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saw that a while ago.

I was quit surprised how many of those albums I have... and have added the ones I don't to 'the List'.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted June 27, 2003 16:25     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like you said opinions are opinions but the list is correct...
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted June 27, 2003 17:19     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think they need to put SOMETHING from Merciful Fate on there. Either Mellisa or Don't Break the Oath must be on there somewhere.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted June 27, 2003 17:24     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mercyful Fate is not thrash it is heavy metal but not thrash!
royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted June 27, 2003 18:41     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think Testament belongs up there. Perhaps they've improved over time, but the albums: Legacy thru Practice What you Preach are spotty. Paint by numbers thrash with some Alex Skolnik wanking. Not bad, but not a classic top 20.

Agreed about Violence, where's Eternal Nightmare? And perhaps Sodom's Persecution Mania?

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted June 27, 2003 18:46     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Testament is one of the best Thrash band of all time yes The Legacy have its place on this Top 20 but I agree with you where's Vio-lence and Sodom but its just a Top 20 that we can find on all those magazines, anyway!
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 27, 2003 19:22     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where's? Where's? Where's? And so on! Anyway. Infernal Majesty's 'None Shall Defy' SHOULD be in there.

Not to mention Annihilator's 'Alice In Hell'.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 27, 2003 19:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiva23:
And perhaps Sodom's Persecution Mania?

A- Fucking -MEN
SODOM!!

I would also swap out Death Angel for Destruction's Live Without Sense in a heartbeat.

quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
I can't believe S.O.D.'s Speak English or Die didn't make it

No shit. Seargent 'D' would never approve.

Out with the Megadeth for sure.

Dead Brain Cells is another that comes to mind, as does Sacred Reich's Ignorance.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted June 27, 2003 21:14     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That list is seriously missing some ASSASIN!

"JUNK FOOD,,, IS WHAT WE WANT!"

Classic 80's speed metal!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 27, 2003 22:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RIFLEFIST:
That list is seriously missing some ASSASIN!
"JUNK FOOD,,, IS WHAT WE WANT!"
Classic 80's speed metal!

BAKA!!!

hehe.. i havent heard this in years.. i must have the tape in a box somewhere.

Good list tho... not sure about the "thrash" part, but they're all good records.

There's heaps of others that shouldve been on there, but i guess they went for what was most popular on a general basis, which isnt a bad thing in itself, but the kid who's reading this that might be interested in getting some of those records from that list will miss out on a bunch of other great stuff, such as...

Sacrifice - Forward to Termination
Deathrow - Raging Steel
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Metal Church - s/t
Overkill - any one of 'em!
...etc etc etc etc etc..

I hated Vio-Lence. Most annoying vocals this side of Blaze Bailey.

Testament doesnt really belong on there either, they were always overrated and generic, though the Legacy does have its moments, but that high in the list? Fuck no.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 27, 2003 23:38     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

FUCKING "A" RIGHT!!!

THE "BEST" THRASH ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!!

I always knew it, you guys always knew it (hopefully)

and now THEY know it as well!!!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted June 28, 2003 05:31     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well the first should be Killing Tech. and then Reign in blood
I'd like to see in that top 20 also :
War and Pain and Dimension Hatross
DBC, Rigor Mortis, Holy Terror and Eternal Devastation (Destruction).
Spreading the disease instead of among the living
Bathory in the first ten.
And I will low down (out of the 20) Kreator , Hell Awaits, Dark Angel, Venom, Sepultura and Testament.
Ride The Lightning out of the first 10.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 28, 2003 07:45       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Megadeth's Killing is my business should be on there and:
Exciter-Unvieling the wicked
D.B.C.
Metal Church
Morbid Tales should be much higher
How did Metallica make the list and not Motorhead? and is that Thrash?
Venom & Voivod should be much higher
and i would definately put Suicidal Tendencies "Lights,camera,revolution" & Savatage "Hall of the Mountain king" over Metallica's "Kill'em all" but i dont think everthing in there list is thrash.speed metal ,whatever and yes Sacred Reich should also be on the list and maybe D.R.I.,maybe? but what do i know i've only heard 11 of the twenty listed and i just happen to own the 11 i've heard.

IP: Logged
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted June 28, 2003 16:23     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Overkill & Coroner should be represented in the list somewhere. Nice to see Savatage mentioned, but they probably belong on the same list that Mercyful Fate would certainly be a part of.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 28, 2003 17:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I totally agree with my fellow southerner on this one. Not having Punishment on the list was a MAJOR omission. LD, man, Overkill's Killing Kind is devastating!!! Can't believe that band still has it. I thought it was even better than Horrorscope which is supposedly their best.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 29, 2003 10:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
Well the first should be Killing Tech. and then Reign in blood

I am a Voivod fan and I respect your opinion, but I can't agree with it. Reign in Blood is where it belongs.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan