my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How shite are Ash. (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: How shite are Ash.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 27, 2003 12:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not a question, but a statement of unbelieveability in the shiteness department. I hear thier shit music on the radio all day, then I go into town to see Nick Oliveri do a solo show, and the fucking singer from Ash is there. I had to leave. I couldn't stand seeing all these fuckwits kissing his arse. it was vomit worthy. In a small venue, there's no way of avoiding overhearing twats mushing all over him. He sucks. And that got me thinking....
What's the one band of all bands that you cannot stand to listen to? For me, it's Ash. I know there are worse bands, but I just can't get my head round how fucking huge this band are over here. Thier music is even more pathetic than the gripe I hold against them, so I feel justified.
I know it's negative and all that , but any one wanna suggest a worse one?

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 27, 2003 12:51     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should move Stateside, h - the only time I ever heard an Ash tune on the radio was about 7 or so years ago when their 1977 album came out. Don't even remember the name of the song.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 27, 2003 13:21     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Limp Bizkit. Actually, ANYTHING with rapping in it makes me want to staple my dick to my forehead and jump in front of a speeding train. I cannot stand the sound of it. Period. I don't care if the guy is spouting out mathematical formulae that would make Steven Hawking fill his diaper, it still sounds retarded. Rap is shite.

However there is worse...

There's an entire genre of music that spawns such intense feelings of hatred and contempt out of me it's ridiculous. "R&B". Fuck off. Cheesy, moronic songs about "gettin' wit me" and other such tripe makes me want to kill people with my bare hands. Oh, and most of it has the obligatory "rap section" in it too, which only adds fuel to the fire of my distaste. The absolute worst of the worst "music" and it's all over North American media! All these fucking video channels and radio stations are saturated with this shite. Even if you don't watch TV or listen to the radio, it's playing somewhere you go and it fucking makes me cringe.
If it wasn't for all this shitty pop-"punk" coming into fashion and slowly moving it off the charts, there would have been a string of murders with my signature all over them. The "American Idol" murders. That fuckin show makes me sick. My wife watched that crap and loves that stupid show. Music is background noise to her, and sappy love-lyrics are just her thing too. After all, her favorite movies are Pretty Woman and The Wedding Planner. "That Clay is really talented." BULLSHIT. She has no clue. Just coz the fat cunt can yodel someone else's shmaltzy lyrics doesn't mean he's "talented". Write some fucking music or play a fucking instrument, then we'll see who's "talented". Even if he DID write his own songs, they would probably be as lame as ALL THE REST OF THE DRIVEL THAT'S PERMEATING THE AIRWAVES!

That pop-pap-"punk" can fuck off too.

Thank you. We return you now to your regularly scheduled program.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 27, 2003 14:10     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The hate-list is of course endless. In a sort of reverse-chauvinistic way I want to put Dutch shitholes Kane (disclaimer: no reference to any forum member here) on Nr. 1. Probably very little of you have ever heard 'em. I don't know how popular they are outside my country. I hope not at all. Just imagine a sort of national answer to Live, Creed, Nickelback and sorts. But worse. Especially the highly constipated vocals and the 'slightly alternative' twist to their muzak make me sick with anger.

Also I hate Creed, Nickelback, Sum 41, Bust, Good Charlotte, all nu-metal bands, everyone and everything and YOU!

...ehm...sorry...got a bit carried away I think. I'll have a nap right now. Maybe I'm 2 tired. Love y'all. Cya!!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 27, 2003 14:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW! NucV, you really vented there. No way can I top that. Its hard to pick just one band cause there so many awful acts. Especially in the field of nu-metal. As a genre, what nu-metal has done(brilliantly, I might add, in terms of a moneymaker)is take 80's thrash and heavy metal and make it safe for the mainstream. Now to me, the absolute worst of this bunch is GODSMACK. Mainly because of the "I'm so frustrated with life" grunting vocalist and the sameolsameol' tallica riffs. They are the one band when I'm in the car that when the song starts on the radio I IMMEDIATELY flip the station. I have even taken my hand off the wheel in heavy traffic barely escaping a headon just to get away from a GS tune. So fucking annoying......

Another band I'm really starting to hate is AUDIOSLAVE. That fucking song "like a bone".......Holy shit, the clearchannel mafia loves that tune. I once flipped between three rock stations once and that bitch Cornell was strumming along his quiet little acoustic part of the song on all three channels ALL AT THE SAME TIME. As for the rest of the album, standard, mediocore hard rock. Nothing to shout about.....but people act like they're the second coming. And talk about a stupid fucking name. I've never gotten over that damn name. "Dude, I'm a slave to the audio......" how trite and absolutely boring. Well, I guess a reflection on the music.

As for regular pop music, I don't get pissed at it. That music has been around forever with one goal: to make mediocore tunes for mediocore listeners. No question about it. If that's what the people want, let them have it.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 27, 2003 15:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You missed Mondo Generator because of that motherfucker? I've got an axe if you want to borrow it.

Mez, I would actually say that Nu-Metal took Thrash and heavy Metal, and removed the technicality and musicianship that defined those movements (for the most part). Just reduced 'metal' to four chords and some stupid wailing.

I'm not going to add anything else because you've all stated my views almost perfectly. Especially Nuke.

I'll add all the crappy rap-'metal'/Nu-'Metal' bands my brother listens to.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 27, 2003 15:03     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AngelRat:
In a sort of reverse-chauvinistic way I want to put Dutch shitholes Kane (disclaimer: no reference to any forum member here

You mean to tell me there's a crap band out there called Kane? Bah. Fuckers. Then again, anyone remember that muscle-bound guitarist for Alice Cooper, Kane Roberts? With his machine-gun guitar body. Phoo. That's two strikes against this name of mine.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2003 15:20     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Another band I'm really starting to hate is AUDIOSLAVE.

GOD DAMNITT MEZ!

Audioslave is one of the BEST CD's i have purchased all year!
The whole album is well written!
I cannot believe that you dont like it!
Of course....you havent heard the WHOLE CD have you?

I love that band...theyre name...AND theyre Political Views!

Now....

Bands i absolutely hate.

Def Leppard (They sound like singing babies)
Aerosmith (Havent put out a decent song in years)
Van Hagar (Grrrrrrrr!!!!)
Wimpy Biscuits (Great Guitar work, but WTF???)
Metallica! (Off with theyre heads!)

Any band that has Syncronized Jumping and Stomping with plaid shirts.

I could go on...but now i gotta get some work done here.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 27, 2003 17:03     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
3 words: Bon Fucking Jovi!!!!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 27, 2003 18:03     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
[QB]

However there is worse..."R&B". Fuck off. QB]

I totally agree!! All they sing about is sex and 'love', which I am sure don't even have anything to do with each other in the songs. Really, how many different ways are there to say "I want in your pants"? Well, apparently and unfortunately - MILLIONS! If I have to hear one more, "Ooh baby, baby..." I will puke.

Buy my most disliked band is No Doubt. What's up with the fucking outfits!! I can't even say how much I despise this band. "Hey baby hey baby hey - BITE ME!"

Imagine if Voivod were an R&B band. We'd have titles like "Baby Angel Rat" and "Into My Hypergrrl"....DOH, did I say that

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 27, 2003 19:16     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These I don't even count as music:
R'n'B (the type of which was mentioned above)
Rap (I don't hate rappers, I just can't find the music in rap)

If I have to name one artist I genuinely can't stand listening to, it's got to be...yes, a person who's got a fair share of attention on this forum also...the one and only Celine Dion!! Sorry Canadiens, but she's got a firm grip on the no.1 place in my 'most hated artists' list!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 27, 2003 19:59     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I want to add...

Phil Collins (What he does nowdays)
Rod Stewart (Why does anybody like this guy? I dont get it)
Michael Bolton (Best example of "I'm taking a Crap" Vocals)

Has anyone mentioned CREED yet? Definitely at the top of my list!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 27, 2003 20:10     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN!! This is GREAT!
I thought I was the only one who did this!
Some of your entries should be added to the ShitList.
Top notch ranting, guys!

(especially Nuc V! the R & B thing is FLAWLESS)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 27, 2003 21:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Les Respectables is topping my shite list at the moment since I had the displeasure of seeing them live this past week at an outdoor concert. They're kind of like a Québécois version of the Black Crowes. I can't figure out their popularity, except for the fact that they are so middle of the road they are unlikely to offend anyone.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 28, 2003 07:24     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is all fun reading!

But somehow I believe R'n'B and HipHop don't belong in this discussion. I thought it was all about shitty music (people who abuse musical instruments to produce pointless drivel). Above mentioned soudwave-pollution can best be regarded as lubricant for REALLY stupid people (and there are lots of 'em!).

Another band I want to mention: P.O.D.
(In my imagination I see many of U now running to the toilet as fast as possible to get rid of whatever was in your stomach some moments ago)
Extremely dull, mindless, wanna-be-positive, irritating Muzak-al Manure played by four untalented dicks who never had one moment of inspiration during their whole career. Hope they kill each other one day.

I don't like Soulfly either.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 29, 2003 02:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
I go into town to see Nick Oliveri do a solo show, and the fucking singer from Ash is there. I had to leave.

What's wrong with Daniel Ash?

Fucking Bauhaus and Love and Rockets rule!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 29, 2003 19:55     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Actualy, h, I hated Ash too until I saw them live at some festival. They Rocked!

then again, I have had no sleep, proper food, 'emptying' or brushed my teeth for a week and I am so fucking tired I can't even sleep, hence this post.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 30, 2003 04:52     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Actualy, h, I hated Ash too until I saw them live at some festival. They Rocked!

Bah! You said that about my band mate, so your opinion doesn't count!

Top rants all round though. Too many good ones to comment on right now, but it's nice to see everyone getting into the right spirit for this thread! Good work haters!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 30, 2003 07:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
If I have to name one artist I genuinely can't stand listening to, it's got to be...yes, a person who's got a fair share of attention on this forum also...the one and only Celine Dion!! Sorry Canadiens, but she's got a firm grip on the no.1 place in my 'most hated artists' list!

On behalf of all members of this forum from Québec and Canada, I would like to apologize sincerely to this international community for the existence of Céline Dion. We are really sorry. We didn't want this to happen. We hate her too.

Now some other countries should apologize too. I mean, remember the band Europe? Still waiting for an apologie from Sweden...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 30, 2003 11:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Europe? Oh yeah, "The Final Countdown"!!!!

I remember Metal Hammer named their singer "Year's Best Female Vocalist" at some point in the late eighties. They were very popular in Finland too, or to be exact that song was popular.

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 30, 2003 16:47     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the stuff I absolutely hate right now is the pop punk or whatever you want to call it. it is all image and no substance whatsoever.

i saw the band good charlotte on last night and here's these goofs with tons of tatoos and pierced everything jumping up and down about punk rock while playing through $10,000 guitar rigs. pu-lease!

the thing that made punk great was the diversity of the music. everything from dk and black flag to agent orange, tsol and the minutemen was all called punk and was all very different from each other and everything else. nothing sounded like "paranoid time" from the minutemen when it came out, and nothing has since. nobody sounds like nomeansno. none of these bands cared what their image was, they just wanted to make music.

thank you, i feel better now

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 30, 2003 20:30     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ant:
the stuff I absolutely hate right now is the pop punk or whatever you want to call it. it is all image and no substance whatsoever.

i saw the band good charlotte on last night and here's these goofs with tons of tatoos and pierced everything jumping up and down about punk rock while playing through $10,000 guitar rigs. pu-lease!

the thing that made punk great was the diversity of the music. everything from dk and black flag to agent orange, tsol and the minutemen was all called punk and was all very different from each other and everything else. nothing sounded like "paranoid time" from the minutemen when it came out, and nothing has since. nobody sounds like nomeansno. none of these bands cared what their image was, they just wanted to make music.

thank you, i feel better now

WELL-SPOKEN!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted July 01, 2003 00:15     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maldoror:
quote:
Now some other countries should apologize too. I mean, remember the band Europe? Still waiting for an apologie from Sweden...

You're right man. I'm very sorry

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted July 01, 2003 01:45     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Europe? Oh yeah, "The Final Countdown"!!!!

I remember Metal Hammer named their singer "Year's Best Female Vocalist" at some point in the late eighties. They were very popular in Finland too, or to be exact that song was popular.

The worst thing is when you're in some overpriced touristy restaurant like...., say the "Thunderbird Cafe" in Dublin, Ireland, when that "song" and video comes on the multiple TV monitors. Try dealing with that insane melody while eating $9.00 Macaroni and Cheese.

But in "historical retrospect", it was just 15 minutes (or however long the song was) of collective fame for ALL the hard rock keyboard(ists?) that ever lived. da..da da daa..dadadadaaa...da..da..da..

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted July 01, 2003 03:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm too tired to actually elaborate, but the names will speak for themselves:

-Green Day

-Limp Biscuit

-whoever the fuck did "Who Let the Dogs Out"

-'Macarana' or whatever the fuck that dumbass fucking dance was that swept over the world like a festering plague (OK maybe I might elaborate a little, this is getting FUN )

-Celine you-know-who

-ALL Nu(de)-Metal. Definition of nude metal: Might have had potential to be metal but it's so fucking stripped down, and the faggots need to learn how to actually play the instruments instead of playing with each other. Imminent demise of this genre is what I hope and pray for.

-Michael Bolton: I hate him even more than the guy in the movie "Office Space".

-Rap: Should be called WRAP, as in wrap that fucking shit up and get it out of my ears.

-AC/DC: OK I don't actually HATE them, but it would help if every song didn't sound the same. Talk about stale and stagnant.

That's it for now- To Be Con't

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan