my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Headbangers ball test run

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headbangers ball test run
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 25, 2003 13:16       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A special airing of "Headbanger's Ball" on MTV will take place this Friday (Saturday morning), June 27 at 1:00 a.m. EST and 10:00 p.m. According to Century Media, this will be a "test run" to see if the "Ball" could possibly fit back into MTV's programming schedule. The episode will include videos from SHADOWS FALL and STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, among others.

The resurrected metal program — which had an eight-year run between 1987 and 1995 — airs on Saturdays at 10:00 p.m. EST/PST on MTV2

IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 25, 2003 17:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's great! Hope those fckrs at MTV Nordick will follow soon. BRING THE NOISE!
 |  IP: Logged
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 28, 2003 07:32       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They played Voivod "We carry on" and i few other cool videos but most of them sucked.They talked alot about Ozzfest but didn't play any Ozzy stuff.
Why do lead singers from new bands always have long dread locks? There must have been about half a dozen videos they played were the lead singer had long dread locks,WTF? I always thought that was a stupid look.
Also the host said he was going to play some classic AC/DC,then played Thunderstuck? Classic? I thought that was new stuff.Classic is asskickin Bon Scott stuff.
For a two hour show there wasnt much to speak of.The first hour was the best.
The first video was new Anthrax,which wasn't bad and the fourth video was Voivod.Throw in Accept "Balls to the wall" and a decent Danzig video and that was the highlight of the show.They also play SYL ,which had some cool music to it.

IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted June 28, 2003 07:39     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit. I remember when they did a good job long ago, even showed Condemned by Confessor a few times, and all those Carcass vids, Oh lala.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 28, 2003 16:08     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My parents never had cable when I was growing up. So I had a friend of mine tape the shows every week. I remember having to sit there with my finger on the forward button half the time going through tons and tons of shit to hear three or four decent vids. I can't believe they played VV's tune. Good to hear. Atleast it wasn't a complete washout.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 30, 2003 05:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vroom:
...even showed Condemned by Confessor a few times

drooool....

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 30, 2003 15:21     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LivingEvil:
[QB]They played Voivod "We carry on" and i few other cool videos but most of them sucked.

MTV played the new VOIVOD???? I wonder if they had to get McTallica's permission first. LOL

anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted June 30, 2003 16:33     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They also played something from "Nothing" by Meshuggah which was actually a pretty trippy video. Looks like they had a decent budget for it.

Who the hell was the host? I guess he was in a band because he was buddies with the clowns from Disturbed.

By the way, have you heard the radio commercial with Disturbed where they talk about how they make music for themselves and not to sell records? It's a beer commercial crying out loud!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan