my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Contemplating Ozzy's Festival

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Contemplating Ozzy's Festival
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 24, 2003 11:45     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So there is really no one else I would want to see but VOIVOD, but yesterday I received two signs from above(?) about this....tell me what you all think 'cause you know how much I value everyone's opinion around here....ha ha...

So, my friend/co-worker had come to my desk to show me that there were still seats available ($79 & $49 - ouch!) and where the seats were. I told her I would prefer the "grass" seats as they are cheaper and I didn't really care to see anyone on the big stage anyway....contemplating.....then after work, we head out to the bar and are playing trivia on one of those "MegaTouch" machines when we get a question in the "Heavy Metal/Hard Rock" category........still contemplating....asking "So & so played guitar in which of these bands?" Of course I knew the freakin' answer and I am all set to make my move and these are the choices I get: Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and VOIVOD!! Now let me tell you, I have been pumping quarters into these machines for quite some time now and have never seen Voivod in any of the questions or answers and probably never will again, but there was a moment of wonder and amazement as I thought what a strange coincidence this was.....then as I was still reeling from the excitement of seeing Voivod's name on this stupid, mind-expanding, money-stealing machine, what the hell do I hear?? None other than VOIVOD piping through the speakers of the bar's internet radio!! Well "fuck me", as they like to say, I almost fell to the floor! Was this another sign or just another strange coincidence?!? Or is this just my lame attempt to come around and "talk" to you since I never "see" you guys anymore and I miss you all sooo very much? You tell me..........still contemplating....

Has anyone been?

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2003 12:11     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You miss me so badly, you had to get my attention.

Go to the show...Have fun...Yell "Blackyyy!!!" at Piggy loud as you can.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 25, 2003 02:33     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw them with Sepultura and have gen. admission tix and hotel for this Saturday's Ozzfest kickoff in San Antonio, TX. I'm just going for VV and Ozzy. I think you NEED to go, because of all the strangeness of your post and the fact that Voivod give a great show. Plus who knows when they will be back around, probably not till next year...I think they're headed to Europe after the Ozz tour.

GO SEE THEM!!!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 25, 2003 03:13     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just read in "some magazine" called 'Rolling Stone' that Ozzfest and other Overpriced summer tours are reducing the price of tickets cause they realize the economy sucks and were all broke. Granted, this is the same magazine that features the "future pop sensation" known as Clay, otherwise known as 2nd place loser on American Idol. W..T..F? Fortunately, I've already seen the venue OZZFEST has the pleasure of inhabiting in my town, courtesty of free "grass seating"" tickets to BECK. But if I can get this "grass" yet perfectly good seating for 10 bucks for OZZ-FEST, then HELL YEAH!!! So, yeah, you should go for it. Go see Voivod and Ozzy and have a freakin blast!!!!!
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 25, 2003 14:05     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You said it mind running slow-

Take out that second mortgage yet to pay for your tix?

I would rather see Lacuna Coil

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 25, 2003 14:55     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that's what I thought you'd all say!! Fortunately, I was lucky enough to see them in April in Albuquerque with Sepultura too,
so missing this wouldn't be all that bad And of course it's always worth it to spend money on Voivod (except when I didn't buy a freakin' T-shirt) so that's it, I'm going!

And sure, King Kula - I miss you the most.

(Please note: I only said that because KKS said if I didn't, he would charge me the the "new member" fee he's been collecting even if I've been around for a while!).

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 25, 2003 15:10     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aww Hypergrrl...
I wont charge you any fee.
You can be graced with my presence for free!

Others, however, must pay!

Now get yourself to the show and have fun!
We will expect a full report if you go.

Oh!...Be sure to yell "BLACKYYYYY!!!!!!!..." at Piggy as loud as you can.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 25, 2003 16:56     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula, did we ever determine if Hypergrrl is actually female? I think the jury is still out on that one. So you might want to be a little careful there.........
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 25, 2003 17:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
I would rather see Lacuna Coil

Pretty awsome band, that chick is hott the first time i seen them was the first time i heard em, they just played jaxx here in d.c. area a few weeks ago..

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 26, 2003 10:22     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Kula, did we ever determine if Hypergrrl is actually female? I think the jury is still out on that one. So you might want to be a little careful there.........

Yes, I guess I did once say I was a male baboon , but that was in my "I'm a Liar" post and that was exactly the point! So don't make me scan my pictures and then ask for directions on how to post the pics of me and the boys - you don't want to go there!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 26, 2003 10:27     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only reasons I could think of to go to Ozzfe$t would be Voivod (of course) and Cradle Of Filth. The rest of the bands on the bill suck, with the exception of Chevelle who aren't too bad. But, it's all a matter of opinion I suppose. If the grass seating seats are really cheap I'd go for it.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 26, 2003 10:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:

So don't make me scan my pictures and then ask for directions on how to post the pics of me and the boys - you don't want to go there!

Oh but we do, we do! Now by "the boys" do you mean "your boys" or some other boys??? Exactly whose boys are we talking about here?

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2003 10:52     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eagerly awaiting pictures of Hypergrrl & the boys.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 26, 2003 11:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Hypergrrl & the boys. [/QB]

Sounds like a great name for a blues country bar band!

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 26, 2003 15:26     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just realized how "me and the boys" sounded, so to clarify - they are our boys - Voivod, of course

And yes, when I start my blues country bar band we will be "Hypergrrl and Her Boys".

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 26, 2003 15:51     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can i be the Drummer?

I keep good time and will work for Beer.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 26, 2003 18:07     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Can i be the Drummer?

In that case, I'll change the name to "hypergrrl and her Boys featuring Beer-guzzling Dude Playing Dums"

Did I mention that I've been liking Disturbed latley? Yup, hypergrrl and her girl friend (friend that's a girl!) have been rockin' out to it lately

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 29, 2003 16:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's worth it. San Antonio kicked my ASS! They do a signing right after they play. More details later...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan