my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Friday Nights' drunk....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday Nights' drunk....
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 22, 2003 03:36     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After 9+ hours on "the job" Free tickets to see BECK (that's the band, not the Beer....unfortunatley) at some "Amp-itheater" on an Indian Reservation. Did'nt know much bout' em before this show, but WHOA, let me tell you: BECK are NO Voivod. But after $7.00 beers and a "high as a friggin' kite" vocal mix that drowned even the likes of McTallica, I have to say I was impressed by this...this...BECK that it was. I guess my point is that I got to check out the very WHITE RIVER AMPITHEaTRE that VODFEST, er sorry (What's his name?..) OZ(?)FEST will be playing later this here summer. WORD to the Wise: Get loaded on whatever raises your flag BEFORE you leave the parking lot. (And even though (reagrdless) you'll be sober by the time you reach your seats. you'll still get to enjoy what you came for. (See Voivod) Blah, blah, blah, blahbadee-blah...
 |  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 22, 2003 03:59     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hate music-festivals.

I remember seeing the first Lollapalooza back in '91 at Enumclaw, WA...I thought it was going to be the BEST concert ever!!!

Then it rained.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 22, 2003 04:17     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
I hate music-festivals.

I remember seeing the first Lollapalooza back in '91 at Enumclaw, WA...I thought it was going to be the BEST concert ever!!!

Then it rained.

I was there too. At age 17 trying to finish off my "free" AM/PM Sports bottle mix of Vodka and lemonade before I reached the search line. But I remember that despite the rain, cold, hunger, and imminent sobriety, and despite all the non-metal bands was finally (and happily) exposed to, when J.A FINALLY hit the stage, it was all warm and cozy like.... I mean, come'on, Scantly clad lesbian types on a swing? You had to be takin' that home with ya' pEACE out!!!! P.S. It was actually theh "2nd" Lollapalozza that we saw. And with the exception of a gig in Hawaii, It was supposedly the 'LAST' time we would see Jane's again. But here were are 10+ years later, with the Janes' headlining Lollapalooza. If only Voivod could be so lucky......

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted June 22, 2003 14:13     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank god Festivals in the US are so passe and expensive enough so you don't even consider.

The band line-ups are so awful.

I hope Lacuna Coil doesn't do that Type-O Neg. tour.

Anyone heard "Unleashed Memories" ?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 23, 2003 09:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Especially when you use it in EVERY SINGLE POST.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 23, 2003 11:48     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
I hate music-festivals.

Then it rained.

'old up.

You're right when it comes to the mud and piss tent-fests like UK's Glastonbury, etc.

ALL of you should make the effort to support ATP though (All Tomorrow's Parties.) Two stages, held in a holiday camp in the UK.
Not sure 'bout in the States.

The bands are compiled very carefully and there are usually bands you'd otherwise NEVER get to see.

It might be cack if all you like is metal though. I can't help then.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 23, 2003 11:54     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The rain during that show didn't really bother me. Trying to find the car parked in a field knee-deep in mud in the dark afterwords did.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan