my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How the rest of the world views the Great White North (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: How the rest of the world views the Great White North
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 21, 2003 12:02     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a bad feeling that I'm opening up a tin of smoked salmon with this one but I'm really curious. What does everyone think about Canada, the proud home of touques, clam chowder, hockey, and Nanaimo bars (I had to throw this one in knowing how much NIA is fond of them!)? So I'm just going to sit back, crack open a tin of Lucky Lager, and watch the free for all!

"I went to the fights one night and a hockey game broke out!"

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 21, 2003 12:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indio, here's what a friend of mine from NYC says "We know you're there. We just don't think about you. It's nothing personal."
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 21, 2003 12:27     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jon Stewart (US comedian) once called Canada the "United States' college dropout son who lives in their attic".
Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 21, 2003 12:29     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Great White North"? are yall talking about America, Jr.?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 21, 2003 12:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Canada.

Sorry, couldn't think of anything witty.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 21, 2003 13:45     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always thought Canada to be the second best place in the world to live, even though I've never been there. Dunno why, but Canada always seemed nice to me.

The best place? Brasil, of course.

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 21, 2003 13:53     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd go along with what Slaytanic says, apart from the Brazil bit...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 21, 2003 14:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
According to the UN, Canada actually has the highest score on their 'Quality of Life' index. Read into that what you will.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 21, 2003 15:05     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canada has given the world some of its greatest musicians,
best hockey players, some pretty decent beer, and of course...

The inspiration for THIS:

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted June 21, 2003 18:53     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IMHO canadians are "americans" also, much like mexicans, brazilians, and even U.S. citizens.

I like Canada, I just don't like going to Canada. (I hate the customs agents)

Highpriestess
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 328

posted June 21, 2003 20:35     Profile for Highpriestess   Email Highpriestess     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm canadian and i have to say, we fucking rule! i dig the U.S too but i don't think i'd like to live there. I like our beer, i like the friendly people and i like being able to go outside with out fearing i'll get mugged or killed. I dunno if it IS really like that over there but i'd be scared of that kinda shit if i went over the boarder.
RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted June 21, 2003 22:36     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alberta sucks! They kiss way too much american ass then get kicked in the teeth by the very foot whos ass they just kissed! Alberta's premier sent a letter to the U.S. supporting the war against Iraq against our federal government( basicaly kissing Bush's arse)only to later have the U.S stop importing Alberta beef beef over a non issue Mad Cow hoax(getting your teeth kicked in)!

They rest of Canada rocks! All you yankees who havn't seen the movie FUBAR should rent it.It's all about Canadian Bangers!METAL RULES!!! RENT FUBAR! Terry and Dean are the new Bob and Doug Mckenzie!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 22, 2003 03:47     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I HAVE a solution for word peace. Take half each of the people that live in Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York and spread them all out across the questionably habitable lands that makes up Canada. HOW will this equal world peace? I dunno. But everybody's paying big bucks for anything that has the words "Reality TV show" in it. So what the hell....
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 22, 2003 04:36     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think Canada is cool. Wouldn't mind living there. Has all the stuff the U.S has anyway, and than some more.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 22, 2003 16:44     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BCoD:
IMHO canadians are "americans" also, much like mexicans, brazilians, and even U.S. citizens.

I second that!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 22, 2003 16:47     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
I'd go along with what Slaytanic says, apart from the Brazil bit...

Have I got to respond that?

My answer is:

BLAAAAAH!!!

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 23, 2003 02:06     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I meantioned that Voivod was a French Canadian band, everyone said somthing to the extent like, wow worst of both worlds. =/
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 23, 2003 07:41     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thank Canada for
great Moose Pee
great Women
great Hockey
great CFL Games with the score of 66-1!

Also...Du Maurier Smokes, Touqes (however its spelled), Niagara Falls (The Canadian side), Lakeside Park, Toronto, 12 Feet of Snow (some of it yellow), Dollar bills with the pic of the Queen on them, Mullets, Angry seperatist French Canadians who hate it when you speek English around them, Beavers, The "Blood in Bandages" Canadian Flag, The Canadian National Anthem (which kicks the American Anthems ass!), Doughnut shops on every corner, Dominion's Grocery Stores, William Shatner, Ann Murray, Rush and VOIVOD!!!

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted June 23, 2003 10:20     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most parts of Canada are usually too cold for my skinny body ...
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 23, 2003 12:14     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do I view Canada? Welly, welly, welly...I think they have some great rock bands (Voïvod, D.O.A., Nomeansno, Subhumans, Slaughter, Razor, Max Webster and...Rush!), a great filmmaker named David Cronenberg (and some good individual pictures like "The Cube" and "The Five Senses") plus the mighty Neil Young!

What else do I remember when I think of Canada? Hmmm..let's see...lame pop stars (Bryan Adams, Alanis, Avril, Celine Dion), Jim Carrey, Paul Shaffer, the Toronto Raptors, ice hockey (duh...), flannel shirts, snow, bears, mapple syrup, Terence & Phillip...

It can't be that bad...

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 23, 2003 12:57     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula: Ann Murray?

Canada? Bah! Bleedin' mainlanders can't handle their beers! Newfies will rise up one day and reclaim our independance!

FREE NEWFOUNDLAND

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 23, 2003 13:47     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nell...

Is that a Flag or some king of Battleship Game Logo?

Just kidding.
Please dont kill me.

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 24, 2003 06:01     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Nell...

Is that a Flag or some king of Battleship Game Logo?

Just kidding.
Please dont kill me.

Kula, I'm so gonna cyber-kick yer ass one of these days.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 24, 2003 12:19     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Moose pee...Battleship Game Logos...the smooth sounds of Ann Murray...

No wonder Quebec wants to seperate!

As far as Neufundlund...nobody actually lives there anymore do they???

hehe

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted June 24, 2003 14:40     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And the people who live there move to the U.K. Weird.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan