my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A gig in London? Any chance?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A gig in London? Any chance?
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 20, 2003 06:50     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's my question. Simple as that.
Is it too much to ask?

C'mon, it's not so absurd. I've just seen 'The Magic Band', for flips sake - and they aren't even a working band anymore!

Plus, if 'Brian Wilson' is playing 'SMiLE' here next year - a WHOLE ALBUM that doesn't properly exist - I should at least get the opportunity to finally see one of my favourite bands.

...maybe they could bring 'Built to Spill' with 'em in support...

Is there any whispering of a tour here?

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 20, 2003 07:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mate, I've been keeping my ear so tight to the ground for this that I think I've grown roots into englands green and pleasant land! Ozzy has released some dates, which I assume Jason will be appearing at but Vod are not listed as support. I think we need to gate crash the backstage area for that and kidnap Mr Newsted until he agrees to bring Away, Piggy & Snake over. And there's a certain matter of support act that I'd like to discuss with him
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 20, 2003 07:44     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The last time they played here - when was that? For phobos? Negatron?

I remember that they played in Dudley - a shortish walk from where I lived at the time.
I also recall being phoned the evening after the gig by a mate, who casually explained how "that band you're always banging on about." had played in "JB's" the night before...
"What band...?", asks I.
"Oh, you know... Volvap or summat."
"......
......you don't mean 'Voivod'... do you?"
"Yeah! Them! I meant to tell you last week."

"..........."

I could still weep, thinking about it now.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 20, 2003 07:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck London. BRISTOL!

The Bristol Bierkeller's good enough for SYL and Napalm Death, so why not?

But any UK gig would be a godsend. And I'd be there in a flash.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 20, 2003 08:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hopefully they'll do a full UK & Europe tour at some point, although I can't see it happening until the end of the year.
The last one here was the Phobos tour. They played in Finsbury Park at the Sir John something-or-other. It's had a different name for the past 10 years or something, but I can never remember the new name!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan