my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Negatron: Enhanced?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Negatron: Enhanced?
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 19, 2003 23:49     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It says that Negatron is an Enhanced CD, but I can't seem to get the Enhanced part of it to work, its just a plain audio disc to Windows XP. There's no setup for anything.
 |  IP: Logged
Nord
VoivodFan
Member # 308

posted June 20, 2003 02:56     Profile for Nord   Email Nord     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The enhancement on Negatron is encoded in a format called i-trax. Not all CD players can read this encoding; the ones that can't read it just display the song tracks. It has nothing to do with the version of Windows you're using. If you ever need to replace the CD player on your computer, or add a CD-RW, check to see if they can read the i-trax encoding. I've heard that most computer DVD players can read it but check the manufacturer's website and/or the box first to be sure.
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted June 20, 2003 06:34     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, one of my favorite topics! I love this enhanced version!
Hey Nord, thanx a lot for your insightful post. I didn't know this, either. After I got a new computer (I switched from Apple to PC after all ...) my "Negatron" didn't work anymore. So I went to a friend who burned just the multimedia part onto a CD-R which works perfectly on my new computer.
But I'll try "Negatron" in the DVD-drive and look what happens later.

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 20, 2003 12:11     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Ima check out my old CD Drive see if it works.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan