my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » More on Probot

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More on Probot
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 18, 2003 13:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PROBOT - The Supernatural Of Death Metal! [Hot Flashes - 03.06.18 10:21:22]

According to a posting by www.mtv.com, FOO FIGHTERS mainman Dave Grohl has called his PROBOT side project album a death metal Supernatural.

"It's not unlike the Santana record in that it really kick ass, but it's not the kind of thing that you'd expect," Grohl stated. "There's a certain kind of person that will like the Probot record, and there aren't that many of those people. ... I mean, it's not meant to, like, make money."

Probot's album — which features Grohl, Zwan guitarist Matt Sweeney and Foo Fighters producer Adam Kasper accompanying SLAYER's Tom Araya, MOTORHEAD's Lemmy Kilmister, KING DIAMOND, CELTIC FROST's Thomas Gabriel Warrior, VOIVOD's Snake, VENOM's Cronos, TROUBLE's Eric Wagner, NAPALM DEATH's Lee Dorrian, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY's Mike Dean and former OBSESSED singer Wino, is due out through Southern Lord later this year.

|  IP: Logged
tomsawyer
VoivodFan
Member # 306

posted June 18, 2003 14:01     Profile for tomsawyer   Email tomsawyer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this will either be VERY good or REALLY fucking bad. It would be cool if there was a festival with all of these bands playing.
Without the Foo of course.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 18, 2003 14:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the Zwan guitarist was once asked to go on tour with King Diamond. A bad omen? Only time will tell...
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 18, 2003 14:39     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The track with Lemmy sounds like the best thing Motorhead's released since the Fast Eddie Clark days! If that's any indication of the quality of the rest of the album, than I think we're in for a treat!
Cthon
Member # 156

posted June 18, 2003 20:51     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what XD said. "Shake Your Blood" w/ Lemmy is the best song Lemmys done in years, its awesome...
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted June 18, 2003 21:48     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Motörhead never released a shitty album!
VoivodFan
Member # 319

posted June 18, 2003 21:57     Profile for 666   Email 666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing like mainstream projects to help death metal out... yuck.

I think he should've quit after turning down Johnny Hedlund.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 19, 2003 02:50     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomsawyer:
this will either be VERY good or REALLY fucking bad. It would be cool if there was a festival with all of these bands playing.
Without the Foo of course.

I agree. This album will either be heaven or hell for those involved. I can't wait to hear it!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 19, 2003 04:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got high hopes for this record after hearing that track with Lemmy. It sounds like classic motorhead, and if he's done the same kinda thing with Snake, then it'll be killer.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 19, 2003 05:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have no doubt in my mind that this will be a great project and all that are being represented might finally get some long over due respect. I think it's cool as shit that Grohl is doing this, and I think it will help sell some back catalog cds of those who appear on the record. It's a win win situation for all involved.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 19, 2003 14:20     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why should the onus be placed on this record to 'help death metal out'? It wasn't made to be a commercially viable product (note Grohl's comment about it not making money), it's a side project. Just because Grohl is well known in the mainstream media doesn't mean he has to, or wants to, bring metal to the masses.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan