my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hello Voivod Fans!!! (from the 'new' guy) (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Hello Voivod Fans!!! (from the 'new' guy)
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 18, 2003 04:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse - can I change my member number to 666?
 |  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 18, 2003 08:36     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Maldoror, whenever I drop an obscure reference I can be sure of you picking up on it! Kudos to you!

Obscure reference? Well The Prisoner is the best goddamn tv show ever made!

I always had the feeling that "Technocratic Manipulators" was inspired by The Prisoner. Look at the lyrics, and you'll understand what I mean.

Oh and there were two Maiden songs about The Prisoner: "The Prisoner" (duh) and "Back in the Village".

And VVF, well it's like the Village. We're prisoners here and someone is fucking with our head. Who is number 1?

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 18, 2003 10:47     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HEY!!
There's a new member out there that's just registered #333

...uh, which is, well, half as good as 666!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 18, 2003 12:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RIFLEFIST:
Seattle dude whats up with Forced Entry? Uncertain Future is a metal masterpiece.

Hey RF,
As another "Seattle dude", I happen to know Forced Entry is playing what may be their final gig ever at this year's "Seattle Metal Fest". Word is that it will only be a 5-song set or some shit though. Otherwise, I think it's the end of this band as the 3 members are scattered accross the state nowadays (Brad lives on the eastern side of the mountains now).

Word is that Strapping Young Lad and Death Angel are also playing this. For more info, the site for this event is: http://www.seattlemetalfest.com/ (looks to be not updated though)

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted June 18, 2003 13:01     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Being one of the sanest persons here on this board (well at least the sanest between the numbers 87 and 89) I would like to welcome our latest newcomer(s).

May the lights of wisdom shine upon your path on your journey through the darklands of Morgoth (if not, a lighter will help also).

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 18, 2003 15:25     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On behalf of all of the registered Finnish VVF members (there are one (1) as far as I know) I welcome Mind Running Slow to this mighty forum! Oops, I just remembered I promised to send the recipe for a May Day potato salad almost two months ago - gottago get it before I forget the whole thing!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 18, 2003 15:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hurrah for potato salad!

Hey, Väi, that was a MAY Day potato salad. Not JULY Day.

Or maybe there is actually a July Day? Could there be a Potato Salad Day? Is everyday Potato Salad Day?

*sings Sabbath tune*
Tell me people
Am I going insane?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 18, 2003 16:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe, sorry about the delay mate, I'm notorius for forgetting things just like that. Maybe it's because I'm too concentrated on listening to all the great Vod tunes inside my head... (yes, we're going insane )

Expect to see that recipe very soon, Maldoror!

PS. We're going to celebrate Midsummer next weekend, which means I'll be banishing evil spirits (Vodka anyone?) in the middle of the sunlit night while sitting next to a large fire built on a lakeshore near our summer cabin, enjoying unhealthy amounts of grilled sausages and beer...More about that here!

PPS. the weather forecast says it's going to be cold (+12) and rainy for the weekend...bummer! Now I'll have to sit in the sauna and imagine it's warm outside

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 18, 2003 18:08     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Hey RF,
As another "Seattle dude", I happen to know Forced Entry is playing what may be their final gig ever at this year's "Seattle Metal Fest". Word is that it will only be a 5-song set or some shit though. Otherwise, I think it's the end of this band as the 3 members are scattered accross the state nowadays (Brad lives on the eastern side of the mountains now).

Word is that Strapping Young Lad and Death Angel are also playing this. For more info, the site for this event is: http://www.seattlemetalfest.com/ (looks to be not updated though)

A Metal Fest in Seattle???? Unreal. I hope to be there. Especially to see Death Angel, because when they toured with Sanctuary and Forbidden back in 91-92(?) the last show was at the Moore Theatre here in Seattle. 5 songs in D.A's set some stage diver got pushed off the stage by a bouncer before he could 'aim' himself. He landed on the floor and not in the crowd. Broke his neck. Show over. Forced Entry will be cool too, earned my 'moshing' wings thanks to their performances.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted June 18, 2003 22:48     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SWEETNESS on the old metal days! That Seattle gig might be worth the treck.Cheers.
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 19, 2003 02:56     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Nothing after 1993 eh? Good, good.

I have to say, that prior to the release of the latest Voivod album, I thought the most interesting thing to come out of the metal genere(s) over the years was Apollyon Sun in 1998.

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 19, 2003 03:00     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knickerzohnonnof:
Order of the blackguards...what a tune

Welcome indeed...

THAT, and the song "DOWNTOWN" sung by some chick whose name I can't remember are the songs that randomly get stuck in my head more than any others.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 19, 2003 04:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apollyon Sun? Good man!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 19, 2003 06:28     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Strapping Young Lad *and* Death Angel? On the same bill!? I hate you.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted June 19, 2003 07:54     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a coincidence (maybe cosmic?) here in Italy it's just restarted the tv show "The Prisoner" only on monday at midnight...

Ah and welcome to the new members!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 19, 2003 09:02     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
We're going to celebrate Midsummer next weekend, which means I'll be banishing evil spirits (Vodka anyone?) in the middle of the sunlit night while sitting next to a large fire built on a lakeshore near our summer cabin, enjoying unhealthy amounts of grilled sausages and beer...More about that here!

Always finding a reason to celebrate, right? "Hey guys, let's banish evil spirit by doing a party!" He he he.

Here in Québec, we will celebrate the 24th of june, which is Saint-Jean-Baptiste day, Québec's national celebration day. It involves beer, campfires, beer, parades with fanfares in small villages, beer, big outside shows, and did I mention beer?

Mmm, and I'm looking forward for that potato salad recipe. It better be good. There are great expectations on you, Väi.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted June 23, 2003 13:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ouch! It's not exactly a gourmet food if that's what you're expecting, it's just something I can't stop eating if there's a bowl of it in front of me Anyway, I'll get the recipe from my dear mom in a couple of days from now. MRS, do you know any secret yummy recipes?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan