my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hello Voivod Fans!!! (from the 'new' guy) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Hello Voivod Fans!!! (from the 'new' guy)
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 17, 2003 01:58     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wanted to introduce my-smelf. I'm a Pre-Grunge-Seattle dude, which somehow means Heavy Metal has been in my heart and veins since Christian school. (Sniff)

But I haven't really paid much attention to any 'new' metal bands since 1993 or so.
So...Now-a-days, when I'm in the mood (like Pat Boone) I turn only to a select group of albums for my fix. Entombed, Sepultura, Exodus, Celtic Frost, Coroner, and the invincible VOIVOD. They are the best, and I've been enjoying the shit I've read on here so far, and look forward to more.

Cheers!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 17, 2003 02:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard!
Love the screenname!
I'm guessing that KT is a favorite Voivod album.
If so, a wise choice.

So pre-grunge Seattle, 'eh?
You a fan of The Accused?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 17, 2003 04:46     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to vvf! Take the time to have a full look around this cool site man. Warcorpse has done a shitload of work on making this a killer place. Then grab a beer and talk shit with us! And be sure to bring your sense of humour. You're gonna need it!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 17, 2003 07:21     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing after 1993 eh? Good, good.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 17, 2003 07:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PLEASE bring a sense of humour. We're having bad luck with 'new guys' lately.

Seriously, enjoy the site, and the attendant crazy people.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 07:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crazy people??? There are no crazy people here.

Welcome aboard, Seattle dude!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2003 08:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you really from Seattle? If so, you're in some serious Vod territory up there.

Hello and welcome. Please be patient with the Kula, he can't help it, he's from Texas.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 17, 2003 12:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to hell
where everyone here is a total asshole and I hate them all...oh, wait, wrong site...I love this place

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 17, 2003 12:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh one of the main rules for new guys is that you have to send $100.00 to the first five people that joined this site...isn't that right #1 #2 #3 and #4?

christ I'm feely cocky today!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 13:33     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wait a minute!!!
That leaves me out! I am number 6!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 17, 2003 15:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Warcorpse is #1
Blacky #2
? #3
? #4
Mr Nancy T Schroeder is #5
King Kula is the new number six

Who is #2 and #3 then? Fair weather voivodfans, maybe?

Anyway, a warm welcome to you, matey!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 17, 2003 15:22     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MKH posted:"Mr Nancy T Schroeder is #5"

What does that mean, I don't get it, but it sounds kinds funny, even if my real name is David A Schroeder.

Sorry Kula, I'll send ya $25.00 of my $100.00 once I get it.

X-D might be in the top 4

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 17, 2003 15:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Warcorpse is #1
Blacky #2
? #3
? #4
Mr Nancy T Schroeder is #5
King Kula is the new number six

Who is #2 and #3 then? Fair weather voivodfans, maybe?

Anyway, a warm welcome to you, matey!

I'm the new number 2.
Who is number 1?
You are number 6.
I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!!!

(sorry, I love the Prisoner)

And welcome aboard, "new guy"! Hope you don't end up with the Jason Newguy syndrome!

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 17, 2003 15:28       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not a number,i am a free man!

Run to the hills,run for your life!

IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 17, 2003 15:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm pretty sure no. 3 is XD.
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted June 17, 2003 15:56     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes X-D is number 3!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 17, 2003 16:34     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I am #3, just after Blacky! And I totally dig Schroeder's idea about sending cash to us first five to join!

Welcome aboard Mind Running Slow! This place is more than a bit of a nuthouse (see: King Kula), and then there's nuts (as in itchy testicles, see: Gorf). Good to see more Vodheads here in the Seattle area!

Cheers!
X-D

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 17, 2003 16:45     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Order of the blackguards...what a tune

Welcome indeed...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 17, 2003 17:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, thanks for that (fucking everyone at once!). XD and Outcast, a fitting pair indeed.

Maldoror, whenever I drop an obscure reference I can be sure of you picking up on it! Kudos to you!

Mr Mayor, I only ask because, although our newest resident to VVF town is number three hundred and thirty one...we don't actually have three hundred and thirty one members do we? Can you delete maybe the single-hit members from a year ago?

Awwwww go on, make me seven! I'll give you a quid.

Kula, goddamnit man, you deflect my ill-meaning slights like oil from a seal.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 17, 2003 17:09     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
uh, sorry Mr David Schroeder, but in my drunken celeratory state it seems a volley directed at Kula got you instead. My humble sorryness. One Rush fanatic to another, huh?

Kula, I'll get you next time you'll see! I don't yet know what for, but Mez can fill me in on your latest wrongdoings I'm sure.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 17, 2003 17:17     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that the bent this topic has taken has probably scared the bejeezus out of you I hope you'll stick around MRS...
Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 17, 2003 21:54     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Oh one of the main rules for new guys is that you have to send $100.00 to the first five people that joined this site...isn't that right #1 #2 #3 and #4?

christ I'm feely cocky today!

Thanks everbody! I've been holding out for years just so I could be #331!!! But Y'all send me your fax numbers and I'll get those $100 bills right out to ya.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted June 17, 2003 23:04     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seattle dude whats up with Forced Entry? Uncertain Future is a metal masterpiece.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 18, 2003 00:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard Mind R Slow! We are forgotten in space, blow the reactors! I guess you've heard of Bedlam, well this place isn't as bad...it's WORSE!

Just kidding, they are about equal...medication passed out at 18:00 hours, lights out at-----OUCH! What was that, it felt like aaaa neeeedle.......zzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz.......

*BTW the first 87 get $100

Yours truly,

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 18, 2003 04:44     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought it was the first 162?

Proud to be the most random number member here.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan