my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Mez needs your help!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mez needs your help!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 16, 2003 23:43     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a dvd question for you people. I'm trying to watch the new Enslaved DVD but can only seem to hear one guitar player at a time. My tv, which is fairly new, has only two inputs in the back. And of course there are three dvd plug-ins. So what the hell is up here? Is there like a go between that I could buy from Radio Shack to catch all the action. Cause I'm missing a lot here.

Also, while we're at it, how the hell do I hook this thing up through my amplifier to get stereo? Yeah, I know, I'm just getting into big leagues here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 17, 2003 00:03     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would help you out dude, but I just got a DVD player last month and it's still in the box (I'm lazy as hell)! I guess I should hook the bitch up to make sure I don't have the same problem you do. And I guess it would help if I had some DVDs to play lol!
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 17, 2003 00:25     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't have Stereo Speakers, get a better TV with at least 2 Speakers.
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 17, 2003 00:49     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez:

Just wanted to tell you again how badass that video you sent is, I don't know if you got my e-mail. My freind is in love with Piggy and "borrowed" the tape, I had to go get it back. She didn't realize how much he jammed on guitar. She was clueless about Voivod but is starting to like them more and more, she thought they were just another rock band LOL!

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 17, 2003 01:06     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All you need is some WD-40, and some ball bearings. Why didn't cha know? It's ALL ball bearings now these days.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 07:48     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez...

Your TV should be Stereo. That would help.

Three hookups on the DVD player?
All these are RCA plugs i presume.
One is Yellow >that is Video.
One is Red >that is Right channel
One is White (or black) >that is Left channel.

The DVD Video OUT goes to the TV Video IN.
The DVD Left and Right channels OUT go to the L/R channels IN, on the back of your STEREO unit.
The AUX input.

If that dont help...get a Hammer and smash everything to hell.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2003 08:22     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm....this ain't sounding too good. Time to go to radio shack. Damn pawn shop tv!!!
I have no aux input on the tv Kula. Just a video and audio.

Yeah, NucInfusy, I got your email. Glad you liked the tape. I would have never gotten such a great video if not for the generosity of the Great One: MASTER SKULHED.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 17, 2003 09:10     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe you need a refresher course-HEYYYYYY!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2003 09:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, yes, the fetzer valve. Now we're getting somewhere.

Antifreeze....ok, will do. This should be an interesting project. One thing you've all forgotten is the jerryrigger's best friend:

DUCT TAPE!!!

Man, you guys have been such a great help. Where would I be without you???

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 17, 2003 09:45     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What's this thread about, the Red Green Show?
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 10:06     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez...

Plug the Video into your TV and the Audio L/R
into the Aux IN on your STEREO.
You will have to turn on the Stereo to hear your DVD player.
Sure beats missing all the sound with that little crappy 3" speaker in your TV.

Welcome to the wonderfull world of Wires and Plugs.
A Musicians nightmare.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 17, 2003 11:37     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Also, your DVD player might have S-Video output, wich can be used instead of the standard RCA plugs. Of course, that is if your TV has an S-Video jack... but since it's not a stereo TV, i doubt it.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted June 17, 2003 12:01     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Got a dvd question for you people. I'm trying to watch the new Enslaved DVD but can only seem to hear one guitar player at a time. My tv, which is fairly new, has only two inputs in the back. And of course there are three dvd plug-ins. So what the hell is up here? Is there like a go between that I could buy from Radio Shack to catch all the action. Cause I'm missing a lot here.

Also, while we're at it, how the hell do I hook this thing up through my amplifier to get stereo? Yeah, I know, I'm just getting into big leagues here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Answer...Get a new TV
Seriously, as others have said, use the audio L/R out from the DVD and put that into the AUX (or other spare line input, not turntable/phono) of your amp. It'll beat any TV sound hands down unless your audio system is really, really crap! Then enjoy hearing BOTH guitars...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 17, 2003 17:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, I really wish I could help, you know I do. It's just that I'm way too pissed to be asked stuff about leads and plugs and shit right now.

Hope this helps. I love you, man.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 17, 2003 18:18     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck Mez! How the hell did you manage to get videos out to some of us in the first place!?

Buy me a sixer of Grolch and I'll come over and hook the fucker up proper for ya! Oh, wait, the 3,000 miles... Damn, sorry dude.

Seriously, I imagine you are all up and running now, but if for some reason you ain't, drop me a line and I can walk you through the fucker. Just completed some major surround installations here in the homestead and it's all fresh in my mind.

Otherwise, Kula's basically got it all layed out for ya above.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 17, 2003 21:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the great assistance guys. Kula, I'm still having trouble with what you're telling me. Mainly cause of this fucking tv.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan