my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Labatt's workers on strike!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Labatt's workers on strike!!!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 16, 2003 19:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh noooooooo!

Hey maybe that's why the guy in front of me in the grocery store line up today had 10 cases of blue in his cart...

quote:
Labatt workers hit the streets

Monday, June 16, 2003

MONTREAL -- Labatt's 950 workers in Montreal launched a general strike on Monday.

The workers rejected the company's last offer by a 93.6 per cent margin on June 8.

The union is upset with the company for contracting out work and a continued use of part-timer workers. It says the company is trying to reduce its labour costs with those two measures.

Wages and the workers' pensions are also at issue in the strike.

The union plans on picketing the LaSalle brewery and also the company's distribution centre.

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 16, 2003 20:20     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can relate.

After spending almost 7 months laid off, I finally got back to
40 a week and then suddenly we came real close to striking.

Scary shit, I tell ya.

HEY! BTW, Nia...

I spent like two and a half hours creating you a
Bad-ass Arachnoid Super-Mega Spider-Sucker Morgothian Cyber-Vac
on the 'reno hell' thread, and I never got a response!

::sulks away, pathetically::

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 16, 2003 22:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL Tango, I did appreciate your sooper spider vac!
Regular_Joe
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 332

posted June 17, 2003 04:37     Profile for Regular_Joe   Email Regular_Joe     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THAT SUCKS!

Really...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 17, 2003 05:02     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
LOL Tango, I did appreciate your sooper spider vac!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 07:35     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Drink Becks instead of that Moose pee.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 17, 2003 08:39     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sorry for the Labatt workers, but, boo-fuckin-hoo, I'll keep on going with Belle Gueule: cheaper, better and more natural.
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 17, 2003 09:26     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Drink Becks instead of that Moose pee.

Up yours, Kula!! Canadian 'Moose pee' beer is a lot fucking stronger than that People Piss you Yanks drink.

Don't insult the Elsenor beer, man. I'm touchy aboot that.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 17, 2003 10:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahaha! Ok, Ok...me sorry.
Please dont kill me or anything.

If its any consolation, Becks is really Yaks Pee.
But its DAMN GOOD Yaks Pee i'll tell ya!

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 17, 2003 10:20     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's okay Kula. I think I just realized where you got that "Moose pee" idea in your head.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 17, 2003 10:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where do you guys find all these beer pictures? And I thought I had time to waste...
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 17, 2003 11:30     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An oldie but goodie:

Q. What does american beer and making love in a canoe have in common?

A. Both are fucking close to water!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 17, 2003 20:39     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For my money, these are the two finest beers on planet Earth:

Beer Labels.com

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 18, 2003 00:25     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCKING THANKS GUYS! I have no beer and you have to show all these suggestive pictures. Thanks!
nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 18, 2003 07:26     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 18, 2003 07:32     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy Hell!!! Now THATS what i call a good Lunch break!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 18, 2003 07:49     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

nell
VoivodFan
Member # 171

posted June 18, 2003 09:01     Profile for nell   Email nell     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

...and here's to all those pussies out there that can't handle their drink! Ha!

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 18, 2003 10:43     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've always wanted to do a proper tour of Belgium and hit some of their breweries. Anyone ever visit Brugge and tip back a few? Friends of mine honeymooned in Brugge for 3 weeks and drank nice ales and weissbiers every day. Lucky bastards. They actually planned to float over to Amsterdam and they didn't bother - too much fun in Belgium!
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 18, 2003 10:54     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kane:
I've always wanted to do a proper tour of Belgium and hit some of their breweries. Anyone ever visit Brugge and tip back a few? Friends of mine honeymooned in Brugge for 3 weeks and drank nice ales and weissbiers every day. Lucky bastards. They actually planned to float over to Amsterdam and they didn't bother - too much fun in Belgium!

Yes. I have. It IS worth it.
Bruges/Brugge is gorgeous anyway and Brussels is worth it for the remaining Art Nouveau architecture.
Mind you, I'd tour the west bank if there was Belgian beer involved. And possibly less sniping.

Leffe blonde on draught...
sigh...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 19, 2003 00:56     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nell:

...and here's to all those pussies out there that can't handle their drink! Ha!

LOL! They should stick to catnip...

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted June 19, 2003 02:32     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by El Indio:
An oldie but goodie:

Q. What does american beer and making love in a canoe have in common?

A. Both are fucking close to water!

I just did them both today, but I sure wish I'd had a towel.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan