my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzy not afraid of SARS

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzy not afraid of SARS
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 12, 2003 18:08     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SARS doesn't scare Ozzy away
'The show must go on,' he says before T.O. show

The Canadian Press

Thursday, June 12, 2003

TORONTO -- SARS might have scared other stars out of Toronto but not Ozzy Osbourne.

"I'd be a liar if I said I'm not afraid of SARS but what I'm not afraid of is playing to an audience," Osbourne said before his show last night at the Air Canada Centre.

"The show must go on, you know? My feelings are, I could walk out of this (expletive) hotel room now and get run over by a truck, or get a heart attack."

The 54-year-old metal rock icon has heard all about SARS. He has been performing across Canada before heading to the States later this month.

A few nights ago in Edmonton, he gathered his crew and gave them the option of bailing out of the T.O. gig.

"The heroes of the Ozzy company are the road crew. I said, 'Listen guys, it's your call because you have to be there at 5 in the morning to load the gear.' "

To a man, they stood by the boss. "They just went, 'What are you talking about? We're your people, we're in.'"

The former Black Sabbath front man has a soft spot for Toronto.

"Toronto's a rock 'n' roll city, man," Osbourne said. "In actual fact, the last Black Sabbath album, Never Say Die, was half-written in Toronto."

His favourite bar was the old Gasworks on Yonge Street. "I got carried out of that club many a night."

Osbourne played GM Place two weeks ago.

© Copyright 2003 The Province

|  IP: Logged
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 13, 2003 11:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's another article on Ozzy (they mention Voivod and review of the show!) from june 12.

Arts et spectacles
Ozzy ici!
Le Droit

Tout le monde aux abris, Ozzy Osbourne est en ville ! Le Prince des ténèbres s'est tapé une mignonne petite ballade printanière dans le marché By, hier après-midi, passant quasiment inaperçu parmi la horde de fonctionnaires trop affairés pour remarquer sa présence.

Profitant de cette accalmie passagère, Ozzy s'est arrêté à un café de la rue Clarence. Il s'est ensuite engouffré à l'intérieur d'une pizzeria de la même artère. L'histoire ne dit pas si l'ex-membre de Black Sabbath a commandé un carpaccio de chauve-souris ou encore une pizza grecque avec un supplément d'aile de colombe bien blanche…
Tout de noir vêtu, portant la veste tout aussi sombre avec l'inscription « Warrior » sur tête de mort à « mohawk » bien estampillée au dos, la vedette de la sitcom The Osbournes a ensuite entrepris de remonter la promenade Sussex, à ses risques et périls. Pas de trace de Kelly, ni de Jack Osbourne à ses côtés, toutefois l'homme était entouré de quelques gorilles, et d'un homme à la barbe bleue. Osbourne portait d'ailleurs la tresse d'un rouge bien vif.
Ozzy Osbourne doit venir présenter son spectacle jeudi soir au centre Corel. Finger Eleven et les vénérables hard-rockeurs québécois de Voïvod officieront en première partie.
Le compte rendu complet de cette soirée qui promet d'être démoniaque sera publié dans l'édition du Droit de samedi.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 16, 2003 03:12     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzy's heart is in the right place, even if he is the Prince of Fucking Darkness.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan