my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » reno hell

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: reno hell
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2003 12:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

got any reno hell stories to tell?

|  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2003 13:28     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, I'll start. Right now I am taking a break from ironing on pre-glued melamine strips onto the outside edges of all of the melamine doors I had cut for the kitchen. After ironing they have to be quickly trimmed with a cutter or the edges crack (yes the doors are black, no jokes please ). Why melamine? It's cheap and I don't own the house. This job sucks - I never even iron clothes unless I absolutely have to.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted June 06, 2003 13:39     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should make a detailed account of your home renovations, including pictures & videos for everyone to see here @ voivodfan.

As a community, we should all stick together and show each other what our homes look like. (take note: some 'evil' people just want to see it for a good laugh, oh but not me... never!)

Mez seems to think it's a good idea as well.

VF

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2003 14:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
!!!
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 06, 2003 15:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cant you just hire a bunch of Mexicans to do that for you?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 06, 2003 15:05     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:

got any reno hell stories to tell?

Is it me or is he running the ductwork for the stove exhaust fan
right through the top shelf?

It's called an attic, pal: crawl in it, experience it, learn to love it. (I did)
Then you will have more room for the dishes.

(nice shirt, though!)

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 06, 2003 16:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
Cant you just hire a bunch of Mexicans to do that for you?

I thought they did. Oh wait, that's Noiro! LOL! That's a pretty Texas-esque thing to say there Kula!

Renovations suck! I always end up hurting myself or breaking shit. We are renovating our house now and so far I've dropped a TV, broke a window, and cut & bruised myself so many times I look like I got beat up! Top it off with the sad fact that my pad still looks shitty and you have a classic X-D renovation project.

Best of luck to you guys! I am also feeling your pain!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 06, 2003 17:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was just thinking...
This pic would make a dandy "Where are they now?" entry, no?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 06, 2003 19:24     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now look here, that duct was there long before the Mexican, Señor Fix-It, got to it. And there is an apartment on the floor above which means no attic. That may be why the duct was installed in the cupboard. I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out how many spiders constitutes an infestation. I vacuumed about a billion out of the basement and now I'm sure they're all in the bag planning an attack. Probably something along the lines of that movie that William Shatner made in '77 called "Kingdom of the Spiders." Most of the time I think spiders are an admirable part of the insect world, keeping the fly population down etc., but when they try to take over your basement the little mutha's have got to be shown. Which vacuum's mine little spider? Mine's the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it.
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted June 06, 2003 20:32     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A while back I remember being confronted by a horde of spiders in my basement (there were like 5 of them!!! It was horrible) and I found the perfect solution. Grab the nearest hairspray bottle and lighter and start flaming the mother fuckers.

Now every time they see me, they run for their lives. I told them: stay outside and I won't touch you, be inside the house, and it's squishing time. They should stick to catching bugs and entertain cats on the outside.[They make wonderful kitty treats]

The worst is when you find those little ones... those are babies... babies mean that that whore is around somewhere, and if there's one baby, there's a million more just watching you, waiting for you to turn your back for just one second.

Don't let your guard down! Ever!!

VF

Proud to be a spider serial killer since 1977!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted June 06, 2003 23:54     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
Now look here, that duct was there long before the Mexican, Señor Fix-It, got to it. And there is an apartment on the floor above which means no attic. That may be why the duct was installed in the cupboard. I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out how many spiders constitutes an infestation. I vacuumed about a billion out of the basement and now I'm sure they're all in the bag planning an attack. Probably something along the lines of that movie that William Shatner made in '77 called "Kingdom of the Spiders." Most of the time I think spiders are an admirable part of the insect world, keeping the fly population down etc., but when they try to take over your basement the little mutha's have got to be shown. Which vacuum's mine little spider? Mine's the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it.

HAHA!! Classic.

So classic infact, that I just spent 2 HOURS+
of my life to create...
.(drum roll)

I have got to be either extremely bored or a flat-out nutcase.

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted June 07, 2003 01:30     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
Try not to think about the spider that might crawl into your mouth tonight while you sleep.

Ok, I'm sleeping with my mouth gagged with duct tape!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 07, 2003 08:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was great Tango. Think I could buy a bad MoFo at Walmart? I need something to pick up Spike's fleas in this shack.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 07, 2003 13:26     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VodFan:
A while back I remember being confronted by a horde of spiders in my basement (there were like 5 of them!!! It was horrible)(...)

Five spiders make a horde???

Well then, there's a horde of Voivod fans here in Brasil!!!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted June 07, 2003 15:17     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been painting for two days straight and i'm completely sick of it... and i'm not even done!! ARRGH!!
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 07, 2003 19:19     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Five spiders make a horde???
Well then, there's a horde of Voivod fans here in Brasil!!!

Well said, Slaytanic... There's you and me and three other spiders, I mean 'Vod fans, in Brazil. Call it a horde...

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 09, 2003 08:40     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is a fact that during a lifetime, the average person will eat/swallow about two dozens spiders while sleeping... ick
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 09, 2003 08:46     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
I was just thinking...
This pic would make a dandy "Where are they now?" entry, no?

Yup, like the feature on Exodus in Kerrang!, circa mid-90's. During these hard times for Bay Area's finest the guys ran a roof-tile repair business.

Pic #1 - Exodus, riffing in '84!
Pic #2 - Exodus, roofing in '94!

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 09, 2003 08:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking at this picture, one can only say: Thank God we don't see the butt-crack!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted June 09, 2003 14:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maldoror, if you're refering to NoItAll's pic at the top of this thread, would that make it the "Blowercrack" ?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 10, 2003 00:00     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys need a taller ladder 'fore someone gets hurt.

In addition, I've been selling paint for 14 years. I always tell my customers that the only thing worse than selling it, is putting it on. Then I smile and wave as they leave.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 10, 2003 07:40     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
Maldoror, if you're refering to NoItAll's pic at the top of this thread, would that make it the "Blowercrack" ?

Yes I'm referring to the top picture, and to the "Plumber's Buttcrack Syndrome" (or PBS).

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan