my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Venom Remastered

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Venom Remastered
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 05, 2003 21:32       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone know if the remastered Venom cd's are any good?
Black Metal
Welcome to Hell
At War with Satan

IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 06, 2003 10:52     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow man, you shouldn't ask that, VENOM records are good "per se"... If you're refering to the packaging side of it, yeah, they're cool, with lotsa shit to view, some bonus tracks, etc... but, IT'S VENOM MAN!!!
WOMEN LEATHER & HELL!!!!!!!!

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted June 06, 2003 12:03     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The remasters are definitly worth picking up! And, like Gerfat has already pointed out, IT'S FUCKING VENOM, always (well, maybe not always ) worth the purchase price. These are going for about $10.99 brand new at a local store here... a good deal indeed!

I bought the re-issues of "Welcome To Hell", "Black Metal" and "Possessed" All came loaded with rare pics, band history, bonus tracks a-plenty, and sound great (considering Venom never spent much on recording sessions). I didn't initially buy "At War With Satan" because I had the first cd edition of that already, but am now considering picking it up since those re-issues were so good.

In short, no need to be angry go buy the fucking things!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 06, 2003 12:13     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey X-D, I highly recommend you to get At War With SATAN, as it includes some cool bonus, like a different version of Dead of the Nite from the Singles 80-86, two Manitou versions, Lady Lust among others!!!!
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 06, 2003 14:12       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know it's Venom.I wasn't asking if i should buy the original cd's I already have those cd's.I know they're good.I was just wondering about the Remastered new stuff and you answered my question.I was just wondering if it was like "Calm before the Storm" or better?
IP: Logged
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 06, 2003 20:37     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
...two Manitou versions...

How's the alternative one? Is it good?? "Manitou" is probably my favorite Venom song. Cronos' voice never sounded so cool and the whole song has a sort of a ritualistic approach to it (probably because of the theme).

A friend of mine owned the "Manitou" 45" EP back in the 80's and this particular item remained in my wish list for years... The funny thing is: last I heard from this fella, he was dressed like a fucking hippie and said he got rid of all his vinyl collection (probably to buy some pot)...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 07, 2003 08:30     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the versions of Manitou on the remaster is a shorter version. I guess it's the "radio edit". The one on the 12" is like 7 minutes long.
Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted June 07, 2003 13:29     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
One of the versions of Manitou on the remaster is a shorter version. I guess it's the "radio edit". The one on the 12" is like 7 minutes long.

I guessed... The original version is almost an epic (I thought it was over 7 minutes... Think my memory is playing some tricks on me!). Oh, by the way, the LP in question was definitely a 12" not a 45" like I said before!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan