next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Judas Priest Remastered

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Judas Priest Remastered
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted June 05, 2003 16:04       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Need some help from anyone who knows.
I read a while back that the extra tracks on the remastered cd's are songs that were recorded at the time of each album but didnt make the album.What i want to know is do the songs sounds like they belong on the album or do they sound like they were written & recorded at a different time?
I want to get all of the new remastered Priest cd's but not if the new added tracks suck.

IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 05, 2003 17:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think this is covered somewhere on here, should anyone be adept and finding old topic links...but as a new Priest fanatic who's bought the entire box-set, heres a brief rundown:

Sin After Sin - 'Race With The Devil' a cover of a Gun track, not bad but not worth that much. also Jawbreaker live. fucking awesome album though!

Stained Class - 'Fire Down Below' from the 'Ram It Down' sessions. this is my all-time favourite latterday Priest song, fuck knows why its on this album though. also a very good live version of Better by You...

Killing Machine - 'Fight For Your Life' an early version of..erm...Rock Hard Ride Free. crappy, but good to hear how they developed it. Riding on the wind live.

Unleashed - just has more live tracks from the same nights (and studio sessions ho ho ho) as the record.

British Steel - 'Red White And Blue' from the Turbo session. crap. grinder live, not crap.

Point of Entry - Thunder Road. probably from the Ram It Down sessions, sounds like it. a bit pants. Dessert Plains live, if you like that sort of thing.

Screaming For Vengance - Prisonner of Your Eyes - overwraught ballad also, I think, on the live Halford album. phhhhh. Devils Child live.

Defenders of the Faith - Turn on Your Light - another ballad with just Halford and Glenn Tipton. better stuff, and from about the same period as the album I think.

Turbo (YES!!!) - man my copy is worn out here, I only got it last year! All Fired Up from the Turbo sessions. Pretty much fits with the rest of it, not so developed, more like a demo. Locked In live which is of course a superior track in itself.

Ram It Down - couple of live tracks, why wasn't Fire Burns Below on this album?! Worth getting for the absurb OTT lead breaks in the title track alone.

Painkiller - Living Bad Dreams from the same sessions as Painkiller, therefore, off all the remasters, this is the only one of the lot that doesn't sound tacked on. It would have worked maybe in the middle, as One Shot At Glory is the perfect closer. They left it off because it kind of lifts off the gas pedal a bit and the album is so full on.

So, get Stained Class, Painkiller, Turbo of course if not two copies in case you wear one of them out. fuck it, get the box. It looks cool and theres a booklet with lots of funny Turbo era photos.

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted June 05, 2003 17:25     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Turbo era. Ahhhh yesss. When Dave Holland looked like a circus poodle. I saw them on the Defenders and Turbo tours. Turbo had Dawwwkken opening for them. Guess who opened for them on the Defenders tour? Great White. If only a lighting rig had fallen on that band the night I saw them. Would've saved 100 lives in the future, in kind of a backwards twist on The Terminator.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted June 05, 2003 18:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check this link for ALL (and I mean ALL) your Judas Priest info.
http://members.firstinter.net/markster/archive/MAIN.htm

The sections on the remasters and Twin Turbos are very interesting. This guys knows his shit. He's currently updating the site, but the archive (which I've put the link for) has the info you need.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 06, 2003 12:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I'm not the biggest Priest fan in the world, but that JP site rules! There's ton of infos. Bravo to that Judas Priest fan for his maniacal researches and documentation!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan