my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Marilyn Manson

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marilyn Manson
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 05, 2003 14:57     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone here picked up the new Manson CD yet?

'Golden Age of Grotesque' (or whatever its called)

Is it worth me spending my money on?

One of the key questions i have about it is...
How much of John 5's Guitars are on it?
Any good riffs?

I really like Manson because of his Band.
Right after Piggy, John 5 is my favorite Guitarist.
Then James Iha of Smushed Pumpkins.

|  IP: Logged
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted June 05, 2003 15:06     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Mnson is...uhm....not bad but not good....he seems like a Vampyre who suck a his own vein....there's the same old riffs, the same old way to sing, the same old trying to make another"beautiful people"...I've lived very muh the first 3 albums of mm(plus smells like)because there's an evolution, are 3 different records but now....he seems to be without new ideas....and john five, no new riffs. the same old story
Bye and sorry again for my bad english

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 05, 2003 17:44     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know if Manson actually writes any music or plays any instruments? I know he was a music journalist who decided to be a rock star a la the Pet Shop Boys (a noble calling, heh heh). Maybe that explains the sameyness that 13-34 mentioned. I know that Trent Reznor was a guest musician on the first record as well as producing it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Manson seems to have a lot of ideas but can he really spin them into musical creativity and not just on stage posturing?
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 05, 2003 17:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've got their albums up to Last Tour on Earth. Manson is at least credited to write/co-write every song, and plays some guitar on the Antichrist Superstar album.

But then, who knows?

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted June 05, 2003 20:41     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Apparently Rolling Stone magazine knows - why else would they put him on that funny gatefold cover? Didn't Manson and Reznor have a falling out a while back? Apparently they are friends again?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted June 05, 2003 21:11     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rolling Stone puts a lot of people on their cover whom I wouldn't necessarily consider musicians.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted June 06, 2003 07:03     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bought the new MM album for my wife but I've not heard it yet.

That fact that she 'hasn't really' either does not bode well.

His music doesn't interest me anyway.

Blackguard
VoivodFan
Member # 61

posted June 06, 2003 07:17     Profile for Blackguard   Email Blackguard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IF you like MM, you will like this one.
It's not his best (Antichrist superstar is)
But it is a good solid MM album !
Worth buying for me !

Have a nice day everyone !

(it's 7h15 here in montreal!)

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted June 06, 2003 10:27     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool. I think i will buy it then.

In John 5 related news...and another band i like Garbage:

MARILYN MANSON Guitarist To Guest On New GARBAGE Album? - June 6, 2003

MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5 (a.k.a. John Lowery) has reportedly collaborated with songwriter James Michael (who co-wrote SALIVA's "Rest In Pieces" with MÖTLEY CRÜE's Nikki Sixx) on a new GARBAGE song, to be included on the group's next studio album. "[GARBAGE drummer/producer] Butch Vig is such an amazing producer, and I was honored to be able to work on a track that he's producing," Michael wrote on his official web site. "Sounds like the record is going to be cool." No further information is available at this time.

Killer!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan