my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metallica Game announced.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metallica Game announced.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 05, 2003 11:36     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't posted in a while, and I'm sorry I'm returning all annoyed and shouty, but...
------------------------------------------

METALLICA GAME IN THE WORKS

The rock-gods of rebellion, teen-angst and file-sharing persecution in a game? That's just mad!

12:49 Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield et al are to appear in a videogame. That's the preposterous news this morning as Vivendi Universal proudly announces the existence of the concept, though who will be developing the game, which platform it will appear on and even what the title of the game is currently unknown.
We do know it will appear on more than one platform, and will feature third-person vehicle-based combat action - think Twisted Metal but with even doomier music, we guess.

With band members supplying vocals and even an exclusive song appearing in the game, the most disturbing element of this story is that it leads the gates wide open for more music/videogame based tie-ins.

We've already had Kiss Psycho Circus - what's next? Super Justin Timberlake World? J-Lo Gear Solid? A Westlife shoot-'em-up? Actually, that last one wouldn't be such a bad call. The Metallica title is currently slated for a 2005 release date.

----------------------------------------

As if the development industry hasn't suffered enough???
Typical isn't it? A band that have never in their entire career expressed the slightest interest in games or technology, franchise out their name to what exactly?
'Cliff's Coach-Handling Challenge'?
A game where Lars has top play an entire bar
without inserting a deeply shitty fill?

'Metallica' will announce their own range of home appliances next.

Voivod, on the other hand. There's a band that deserve a multi game series: Away's
unique and appropriate artwork; a concept that would transfer easily and well to a storyline; A broad palette of musical ideas to use - and they'd probably want to help and be involved in a positive way?

I wonder if Jase would bankroll a game design? hmmmm.....

|  IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted June 05, 2003 12:00     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rebellion and teen-angst? Excuse me? I though that was Korn. Oh well, they're the same band now, really...
Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted June 05, 2003 12:05     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the demo for secret project is out, secretproject.larself.com ... I think thats the link
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 05, 2003 12:12     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A Voivod game would be sweet, tho. Here's a preview:

"In this fantastic game, you are a crew member of starship Voivod. In each level, Kommander Korgull gives you a mission.

Level 1: Use the Killing technology and destroy all ennemies!

Level 2: Help Blacky to get out of the Dimension Hätross and destroy it by ordering the quasar!

Level 3: Help YB-1 to escape the evil aluminium factory of Morgoth!

Level 4: Find the hidden treasures of the seven seas!

You get the idea. Great potential!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted June 05, 2003 12:24     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was thinking along the same lines.
My original post was a little glib, but I genuinly believe tha there is a game as well designed as 'Half Life' or 'System Shock'
lurking within the ideas on their albums.

A lot of the themes 'vod cover are so ripe for game design. From the scorched earth
desolation of 'W&P' throught to the technological, environmental, personal freedom and suppression themes on later albums. In fact, too clever/complex for most games, but Not for what we've got in mind.
(if only they'd written more songs about needing the yellow key for the yellow door, stacking crates and exploding barrells....)
Can any of you folks code and/or have a few spare million in funds?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan